Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
 
Author Topic: Does BC have anything else up his sleeve...  (Read 7211 times)
bakax
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 244

Respect: +3

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 02:34:15 pm »
0

Quote from: "Biggs"
See now that makes more sense.  Mike James + Huh  for Rudy Gay.  That would be un unbelievable trade.  As long as its not MoPete.


I wouldn't mind throwing in MoPete.  He will be a free agent, so it's more like rent him out for a year.
Logged

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
CB4allstar
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 3

Respect: 0

WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 03:16:08 pm »
0

We are reportedly also interested in Fred Jones, Flip Murray and Eddie House. I dont like any of these guys though. I want a swingman athletic type who can defend like DeShawn Stephenson or Trevor Ariza. I think BC will get us a nother G/F, pg and possibly C. So yes, the man always has things up his sleeve..
Logged
Haifa
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 22

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 03:19:00 pm »
0

See, now this goes back to what I was saying days before the draft.

Topic: If I was Bryan...
Quote
Option 2: Trade Mo Pete to Houston for the number 8 pick which should secure us Marcus Williams. I know Mo is the best defender we have, but which would you rather have, a good 2 or a good 1? Houston needs a SG and would jump at the chance.


I took my beats for suggesting it.  But, Houston did exactly what I predicted, traded their 8 pick for a SG/SF.  Who would you rather have, Battier or Mo Pete?  It's a no brainer.  

BC can make up for lost time by jumping on this one.  Trade Mo Pete for Guy.  For Houston, they get a better player than Battier.  For us, we get Guy which answers our lingering question at the SF spot into the future and you take back Swift who will provide some good minutes at the 5.  (People just have to get off the idea that Nesterovic will provide anything more than 15 minutes of quality ball).

It's a no brainer, Mo Pete for Guy any day!
Logged
bakax
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 244

Respect: +3

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 04:27:28 pm »
0

Quote from: "Haifa"
I took my beats for suggesting it.  But, Houston did exactly what I predicted, traded their 8 pick for a SG/SF.  Who would you rather have, Battier or Mo Pete?  It's a no brainer.  

BC can make up for lost time by jumping on this one.  Trade Mo Pete for Guy.  For Houston, they get a better player than Battier.  For us, we get Guy which answers our lingering question at the SF spot into the future and you take back Swift who will provide some good minutes at the 5.  (People just have to get off the idea that Nesterovic will provide anything more than 15 minutes of quality ball).

It's a no brainer, Mo Pete for Guy any day!


The no brainer is...the Rockets will take Shane Battier over MoPete any day.  Battier is a better defender and he got a few years left on his contract for a reasonable price.  MoPete will be a UFA after a season.  I think there might be a chance if a re-signed Mike James is included in the package, but it won't happen if it's a Gay-for-MoPete straight up.

MoPete might be a better offensive player, and he is a decent defender(That's enough to make him the best defender on the Raptors), but I think Rockets would like Battier more than MoPete.

Swift is more of a PF, but surely he can play some C for us.  Afterall, if we are going run-and-gun, Swift would come in handy with his atheletism and dunks.  Rasho is used only when we are playing a somewhat half-court set game and whenever we have to play some real Centres as he's too slow for run-and-gun.
Logged

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
bakax
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 244

Respect: +3

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 04:29:47 pm »
0

Quote from: "CB4allstar"
We are reportedly also interested in Fred Jones, Flip Murray and Eddie House. I dont like any of these guys though. I want a swingman athletic type who can defend like DeShawn Stephenson or Trevor Ariza. I think BC will get us a nother G/F, pg and possibly C. So yes, the man always has things up his sleeve..


I don't like any of Fred Jones, Flip Murray or Eddie House either, but they should be the cheaper ones.  Ariza and Stevenson are decent but they can't shoot at all.  I would take Fred Jones over them even though Fred Jones is short.

Fred Jones can play some defense and shoot the ball better than Ariza and Stevenson.
Logged

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
TORaps
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 99

Respect: 0

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 05:07:48 pm »
0

I would like Fred Jones, he is a young athletic player who can get to the basket. Fred Jones is what we need, he'll probably go for pretty cheap and will be a real nice back up.
Logged
Biggs
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 632


Respect: 0

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 05:42:24 pm »
0

Flip Murray would be a great pick-up for the raps.  hes a very good scorer that is instant offence off the bench.  we already have a few perimeter defenders in Mopete, Joey Graham and now PJ Tucker.
Logged

ollie
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 132

Respect: 0

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 06:37:49 pm »
0

We need shooters and scorers.

Maybe resigning Mike James is a good idea... did I just type that?

Maybe hold onto him until the trade deadline (echoed in another thread).

Someone has to have a need for a scorer at the deadline... hehehe

My worry is BC is gonna S&T Mike James for nothing... I mean he is not worth much... he can wake up tomorrow and sign with Houston/Mavs for the MLE.

o
Logged
ollie
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 132

Respect: 0

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 07:30:38 am »
0

Quote from: "ollie"


My worry is BC is gonna S&T Mike James for nothing... I mean he is not worth much... he can wake up tomorrow and sign with Houston/Mavs for the MLE.

o



Doug Smith is reporting this also...

MEETINGS SET: Raptors free-agent guard Mike James is scheduled to meet with representatives of the Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets and Minnesota Timberwolves in Las Vegas today as he tries to find a new place to ply his trade.
Because those three teams are all over the NBA salary cap and the Raptors have no interest in taking on any of their marginal players, it looks as if a sign-and-trade deal — which would allow James to increase his salary — is out and he will have to agree to sign on for the so-called mid-level cap exception of approximately $5 million (U.S.) to start.


Oh well... better than getting a bunch of crap back... BC has spent the last month unloading the dead weight... glad he is not adding to it.

I think MJ should be happy... $5m with increases every year.

o
Logged
Skillionaire
Journeyman
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 287

Respect: 0

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 01:10:50 pm »
0

Quote from: "ollie"
We need shooters and scorers.

Maybe resigning Mike James is a good idea... did I just type that?

Maybe hold onto him until the trade deadline (echoed in another thread).

Someone has to have a need for a scorer at the deadline... hehehe

My worry is BC is gonna S&T Mike James for nothing... I mean he is not worth much... he can wake up tomorrow and sign with Houston/Mavs for the MLE.

o


As much as it kind of hurts me to say it also, if we could get Mike James to know his role and shut his mouth, he could be the type of player we need. We know he can score, but I guess there is no guarantee that he would pass the ball, and we dont want to give him the money he is looking for. Would be a bad option though.
Logged

bensheridan
Undrafted
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 53

Respect: 0

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 05:34:58 pm »
0

James is gone. Period.  Any more talk about resigning him is just getting foolish.

Saying "maybe we could get him to know his role" is even worse...  This is not a 19 year old who can still be put on the path towards being a team player. This is a man who in his own eyes (and as was made very public) in the eyes of his wife, "is a superstar."

I can't wait til James finally signs the mid-level in Houston and we can stop talking about it
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
 
 
Jump to: