Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pistons Fans' Reactions To This Trade  (Read 4170 times)
AIgoat
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: November 03, 2008, 04:24:46 pm »

I'm a big AI fan, so now im routing for detroit. What are pistons fans reactions to this trade. I've never really thought about how AI would fit with those guys when i watched them. Can rip guard the opposing 2?Can Stucky?? How is Amir doing. I think He will fit nicely with Sheed and Tayshaun (length and defense. Also Energy and toughness in maxiel). To me this is like a MUCH better version of the 01 Sixers. That's where he's at his best, where he can gamble on D and is the go to guy). He is still money late in games. He's a top tier playmaker with the game on the line.

PS. I bet Mcdyess is re signed when denver releases him as they are expected to. I was thinking their frontline is a little thin without him.
mikowee
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:22 pm »

Personally, I don't think it'll work from a basketball perspective.  The Pistons' success so far has come from consummate teamwork, with players understanding and fully accepting their roles on the team.  AI has not proven in all his years playing that he can adjust his individual game to the team concept.

But I still like this trade.  It's become obvious the last few playoffs that the Pistons are falling behind the pack in terms of the elite teams.  A move had to be made to shake things up, and no player can shake up a team like an Allen Iverson.  It's unlikely, but he just might give the Pistons the boost they need to compete for the championship again.

However, it's more likely that this experiment will fail due to bad chemistry.  But that's also OK, since the risk is pretty small.  If AI doesn't work out, his salary comes off the books at the end of the year and the Pistons suddenly have a lot of financial flexibility to work with.  Not sure what they can do with it, but Joe Dumars is a lot smarter than me so I'm sure he'll figure something out.
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 08:49:52 pm »

Quote from: "mikowee"
However, it's more likely that this experiment will fail due to bad chemistry.  But that's also OK, since the risk is pretty small.  If AI doesn't work out, his salary comes off the books at the end of the year and the Pistons suddenly have a lot of financial flexibility to work with.

That's exactly how I feel about this trade. The only plus I see for Detroit is that it's low risk.

Sig by bbyao06
KrissKross
Star

Respect: +9

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 01:33:57 am »

In terms of GM moves, This was a pretty good one by Dumars. Taking a low risk move of trading an aging billups for the explosive offensive game of Iverson. Now the Pistons have 2 forms of attack. They can hit other teams with AI's creativity, and than bring in stuckey after a while to do their usual share the ball method of play. If the AI experiment doesn't work, it won't blow up in their face as much as it did for denver.

KrissKross
legenderypete
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 06:40:43 pm »

AI has won nothin, if you watchin today game we have 2 assist's in the 1st half a franchise low, stuckey and iverson are similar players neither are pg's tho they both like to shoot(and take some bad shots).

not havin a real pg effects the offence alot as the team was built around billups as the key not iverson , lackin of another bigman is killin us and our perimiter defence has took a huge hit with iverson

It not a low risk its a huge risk, iverson has lost more games when he score 30 points than he has won proves a good point and there is no leader on the court as both billups and Lindsey hunter retirin both gone

, im actually worried that we might not even make the playoffs with alot of the lower teams improving(knicks,hawks etc.).

Yes we have the cap room next season but i hate to see the team go back to the grant hill,bison dele, malik sealy, jerry brickhouse days, which endured for a long time durin the 90's
AIgoat
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 01:08:46 pm »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
AI has won nothin, if you watchin today game we have 2 assist's in the 1st half a franchise low, stuckey and iverson are similar players neither are pg's tho they both like to shoot(and take some bad shots).

not havin a real pg effects the offence alot as the team was built around billups as the key not iverson , lackin of another bigman is killin us and our perimiter defence has took a huge hit with iverson

It not a low risk its a huge risk, iverson has lost more games when he score 30 points than he has won proves a good point and there is no leader on the court as both billups and Lindsey hunter retirin both gone

, im actually worried that we might not even make the playoffs with alot of the lower teams improving(knicks,hawks etc.).

Yes we have the cap room next season but i hate to see the team go back to the grant hill,bison dele, malik sealy, jerry brickhouse days, which endured for a long time durin the 90's

Really, worried about missing the playoffs? This team is fine, Iverson doesn't even know the offense yet, and they played the defending NBA champs, and one of the best defensive teams in a LONG time. That's a bad combination. This was not all on AI. While he didn't do much, he was probably nervous/pressing, and hamilton and sheed were awful. And to say he hasnt won anything is a valid point, but who has won among active players? Duncan, Wade, and Shaq, and the pistons of 04. Kobe not included because Shaq was winning those titles regardless.
bmoss12
Benchwarmer

Respect: +1

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 03:02:45 pm »

We could always trade him halfway through the season if it is just not working to Dallas for Kidd, Miami for Marion.

BMOSS BABY!!!
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 05:24:29 am »

Quote from: "bmoss12"
We could always trade him halfway through the season if it is just not working to Dallas for Kidd, Miami for Marion.

Hell yeh.

Read the news today?

I know, if I were hi mtoo, I'll get annoyed on a practice on Thanksgiving and instead, spend mah time for my family, but team commitment and blah isnt just there.

But I do hope nothing else happens, nor blurrens.

LET'S GO HEAT.
legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 03:50:28 pm »

dam this trade has made me worry about makin the playoffs iverson is not a team player in anyway and our defence has nosedived when him or stuckey are on the court, rip looks unhappy as he dosent get any decent looks when there both on the court. Also iverson is a turnover machine at the moment avergin nearly 4 a game since he was traded.

Prince is the only one who actually playin good but even when dice re-signs we still got a huge hole in the middle which was the main problem last year, we would of beat the celtics if we had a good rebounder  :? , we lost this trade and looks like we have to rebuild even tho we where top3 team last year.
Cutler06
Star

Respect: +37

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 11:15:36 pm »

So, how do you guys feel about the trade now. You did get McDyess back, so that's gotta help, but right now you guys are hitting around .500 while the Nug's are playing something that hasn't been seen in DEN in quite a few seasons...TEAM BASKETBALL....

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: