Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Prime Time] New York - New Jersey  (Read 2532 times)
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« on: November 05, 2008, 05:55:06 pm »

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 05:57:48 pm »

lol why on Earth would the Nets do this!!!

Marbury - I don't need to explain this...

Nate - He's alright I guess...but Nets still don't want him.

Gallinari - sucks

Soon....
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:57:38 pm »

I don't think the Knicks like the idea of trading away 2 of their only prospects. They don't even have a draft pick next year.

If the Knicks thought this was a good idea, they would have done it already.

The Nets have no need in the slightest for Marbury. They ditch some big contracts and get some decent prospects. If I'm New Jersey, I'd take it.

Sig by bbyao06
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:06:19 pm »

Yea, NJ get's rid of VC for good prospects in RObinson and Gallinari.  Plus Marbury's 20mil expiring would really help NJ in their race to free up money and have a good young core too attract great Free Agents.

New York, however.....does this why?  They do trade Marbury.....and get Vince Carter who could start at SF for them.  But like Zander said, the Knicks don't have a draft pick, and Nate and Gallinari are really there only solid young prospects.  It's possible though, they get rid of Starbury and get VC in return.....just seems like this trade would of already happened if both teams wanted this.

Good proposal prime.  I like how you pasted that screenshot of the trade machine trade too.  You are, indeed, one of the top traders.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:29:18 pm »

Is Nate Robinson really still a "prospect?" I mean what more do you expect the guy to do in the league?

Soon....
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 08:37:21 pm »

Nate's having a great game tonight!  Smiley

I consider him a prospect still for one reason....D'antoni.  Robinson has becomes D'antoni's Barbosa, and I think this year he is a "prospect" in the sense that D'antoni wants to lick his balls and give him the 6th man role and large amounts of PT.

mpmolloy23
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 09:05:22 pm »

nate's the knicks little sparkplug. he's a good fit in the d'antoni offense. I think the nets wold do this trade but idk why the knicks would. they dont need an overpaid small forward cus chandler is gonna be there sf of future
Knickstitle98
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:29:07 pm »

Not that bad of a trade.  But taking in account what some of the above posters mention I doubt that NY would give up both young guys for carter.
I think if it was something like this it would work:
Nate robinson, stephon marbury, jared jefferies
vince carter, sean williams, trenton hassell, stromile swift

This is only because basicly I've heard that williams has really fallen out of favor in NJ and they just about want to give him away.  Carter is basicly a salary dump 4 marbury and the rest is a wash.
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 09:44:06 pm »

gallinari is a prospect with a lot of potential. if the nets traded rj for yi.. the nets would go trading vc for an italian superstar.

tong
MVP

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 09:51:41 pm »

Quote from: "Prime Time"
gallinari is a prospect with a lot of potential. if the nets traded rj for yi.. the nets would go trading vc for an italian superstar.

erm.... yeah. carter has very little value because of his terrible, long contract. this trade makes no sense for new york because they want the '10 capspace, and carter ruins that. furthermore, they trade two good young players.

carter is defienitely not worth gallo.

Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 10:15:17 pm »

Quote from: "joshfarc"
You are, indeed, one of the top traders.

Thank you.. You have just made my day.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 08:33:45 am »

Lol, so have you given up on your futile efforts to get Carter to Phoenix, Prime?

Soon....
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 08:39:38 am »

I don't think this is a bad idea. If NJ really wants to cut costs and clear cap space it's very good actually. They get two young players in the deal and a fat expiring for the unneeded Hassell, troublesome Williams and VC. VC may be the only deal-breaker, because if they want to get a top tier star in 2010 (LeBron) they need a sidekick like VC. Without him NJ is not any different than Cleveland roster-wise.
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:21 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
Lol, so have you given up on your futile efforts to get Carter to Phoenix, Prime?

I can't think of any more trades that I haven't done. :lol:

Rockazoids
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 07:31:18 pm »

Quote from: "joshfarc"
Yea, NJ get's rid of VC for good prospects in RObinson and Gallinari.  Plus Marbury's 20mil expiring would really help NJ in their race to free up money and have a good young core too attract great Free Agents.

New York, however.....does this why?  They do trade Marbury.....and get Vince Carter who could start at SF for them.  But like Zander said, the Knicks don't have a draft pick, and Nate and Gallinari are really there only solid young prospects. It's possible though, they get rid of Starbury and get VC in return.....just seems like this trade would of already happened if both teams wanted this.

Good proposal prime.  I like how you pasted that screenshot of the trade machine trade too.  You are, indeed, one of the top traders.

You good sir must have not seen Wilson Chandler  play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: