Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MIA-NYK  (Read 5214 times)
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:37 am »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=990~3428~509~2165~70~510&teams=14~14~14~18~18~18&te=&cash=

Marion's sucking. Heat might improve their draft pick a little with this trade. It's just one season, then they're free of the cancer that is Stephon Marbury.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:30:38 am »

Wow, the Heat should love it. They get rid of their two worst deals and an underachieving ex-All-Star for a 6th pick rookie, a fat expiring and a legitimate C (plays no D< neither does Blount)?

I don't think even D'Antoni wants Marion THAT bad. NYK pass.
Szahh
MVP

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:37:47 am »

Why would he pass? He's not using Starbury, Eddy and neither Gallinari...

As zunami said, Marion sux, and he's showing that he can only play for D'Antoni...

I think that both can agree on that... ;-)
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:39:54 am »

Quote from: "Szahh"

Will he use Blount and Banks? No. And the difference is, they'll be there for more years, eating up salary-space and bench.
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:56:04 am »

Quote from: "czaras"
Quote from: "Szahh"

Will he use Blount and Banks? No. And the difference is, they'll be there for more years, eating up salary-space and bench.
Blount has 2, Banks has 3 and Curry has 3 years left (of course he'll take the player option).

From D'Antoni's point of view it's basically Gallinari for Marion.
Shemy
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 01:22:14 pm »

knicks wouldnt give up gallo

sigs come from realgm, "Brookylnstoops" and "shooters"
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 01:37:43 pm »

Gallinari kills it. Marion wasn't worth the 6th pick before the draft. I don't know what makes you think he is now.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 02:10:13 pm »

Quote from: "shangrila"
Gallinari kills it. Marion wasn't worth the 6th pick before the draft. I don't know what makes you think he is now.
1. D'Antoni isn't going to play him for 3 years
2. Wilson Chandler
3. The 10 M the Knicks save for the Lebron sweepstakes. (Granted, this is assuming that Marion agrees to only a one-year extension and isn't on the books when Lebron is up for grabs)
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 02:17:57 pm »

1. He's been struggling with back problems. The reason he's not playing is both because of that and the training camp he missed from it.
2. I see. I don't know about you but I'd be happy to have 2 very talented SFs on my team instead of just one.
3. There are a few other teams interested in Curry. Charlotte and supposedly San Antonio so it's not hard to assume another trade could happen. A trade that doesn't involve them giving up a very high draft pick.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 02:34:04 pm »

All valid points. But isn't Lebron a pretty good SF? I wanted to make a good Marbury trade between two teams and I can't do better than this, unless I add a 1st round pick from Miami and a 2nd round pick from NY.

I'll give one more reason for the trade: to avoid the embarrassment of the Jazz getting a top 3 pick in 2010 via NY. With Marion on the team it's like a top 10 pick.

Anyway I wouldn't do this trade if I were the Knicks. I think D'Antoni would like it though.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 09:12:07 pm »

It depends on if Mairon signs for a 1 year extension. I doubt he will since he's been looking for that big last contract and if he goes that pick in 2010 will definitely be top 3.

LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 09:18:39 pm »

Either way Miami still says NO. We don't want, or need them.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 05:38:33 am »

Quote from: "LordLeoshes"

LOL @ you.

I personally would love to get Chandler from NY for Marion more than anything else, heck I owuld do a straight swap if the salaries matched.

Miami accepts this in a heartbeat.

LET'S GO HEAT.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 08:03:39 am »

Dude, you're delirious. So what would you want for Marion? LeBron+Big Z? Garnett straight up?

Yes, in this one Miami doesn't get an All-Star but it's addition by substraction. They get rid of Blount! Of Marcus Banks! Of the 10ppg Marion! Seriously. Wink
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 05:57:05 pm »

Quote from: "Beastley"

LOL @ you.

I personally would love to get Chandler from NY for Marion more than anything else, heck I owuld do a straight swap if the salaries matched.

Miami accepts this in a heartbeat.

You'll do it but Miami will NEVER do it. You mite not care for th e future, but Pat does, & their is no way in hell that Miami does this unless they are positive that Curry will opt in in 2010.  & i do not see him doing that.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: