Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MIA-NYK  (Read 5216 times)
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 06:39:33 am »

Quote from: "LordLeoshes"
Quote from: "cselby"
I'm sorry are you Pat Riley's son or something?

No, but neither you, or me have any control over it, only Pat has. So he is going to do what he feels like doing, wether you, me, or anybody else likes it or not. Its as simple as that..

Out with it already.

Mr. Riley, there's really no need to hide on this forum, we're all easily going people.

On a serious note, everytime I see LordLeoshoes answer in the Trades section, I brace myself for an uncontrolled laughter ride filled with the words "Pat", "plan" and "2010".

I don't know you personally, but I'd love to see your face when "Your Pat" pulls a blockbuster way before "2010" or doesn't get anyone of the 2010 class besides Dwyane Wade... oh wait, he already was here up to the point. :lol:

Which is probably what will happen.
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 06:26:08 pm »

Quote from: "czaras"
Quote from: "cselby"
I'm sorry are you Pat Riley's son or something?

No, but neither you, or me have any control over it, only Pat has. So he is going to do what he feels like doing, wether you, me, or anybody else likes it or not. Its as simple as that..

Out with it already.

Mr. Riley, there's really no need to hide on this forum, we're all easily going people.

On a serious note, everytime I see LordLeoshoes answer in the Trades section, I brace myself for an uncontrolled laughter ride filled with the words "Pat", "plan" and "2010".

I don't know you personally, but I'd love to see your face when "Your Pat" pulls a blockbuster way before "2010" or doesn't get anyone of the 2010 class besides Dwyane Wade... oh wait, he already was here up to the point. :lol:

Which is probably what will happen.

If it happens i have no control over it, but all indications coming out of Miami is that Pat is consintrating on 2010.
& as long as it's for a very good young player that we can build with for the future then i'll be cool with any trade that Pat does.
I guess we won't know untill something happens.

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
LordLeoshes
All-Star

2nd Amendment wont b needed til they try taking it

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 06:28:15 pm »

Quote from: "zunami23"
The chances of Wade getting a max player are pretty slim.

Why? You don't think that any player will not wan't to come to Miami & play for the Heat, & next to Wade?

Every tyrant in the 20th century began his tyranny by first confiscating guns, & gold from the people over whom he ruled over.

Hitler, Chaves, Castro, Quadafi, Stalin, Idi Amin, Ma Tse-tung, pol pot, & Kim Jong-il would all agree that gun control works!
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 08:35:52 pm »

The chances of Wade getting a max player are pretty slim.

Why? You don't think that any player will not wan't to come to Miami & play for the Heat, & next to Wade?
Not any max player. Beasley and Wade isn't enough to convince them.
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 09:40:06 pm »

As a Miami fan i wouldn't do it. Not because of the 2010 b/s that leoshes ALWAYS brings up, but because I think we can do better. 1st off, yes, Curry can score, but I actually think he's worse defensively than Blount (either way they both are beyond terrible) and he'd never be able to play because the Heat has restrictions according to there body fat %. Marbury would serve us well for a year, but, personally, I feel he'll try and be too selfish with the ball and try too hard to increase his stats that he'll ruin chemistry because he wants a bigger payday when his contract expires. He could be an asset for the time-being, but I'm not 100% sold on what his true intentions are going to be on a team. Will it be me-first or team-orientated. As for Gallinari, I was never high on him and he's already out for the year. He was sent to the D-league already and did he even see minutes during the season? Marion may only average 10 ppg, but his presence on the court is always a cause for concern on an opposing team. He has to be defended one way or another.

Look the Clippers are playing some truely horrendous basketball right now and, I believe, by mid-december, they are going to be looking to trade somebody. Right now they deny Kaman rumors, but give it another month or two of highly underachieving and someone's getting shipped out. When that happens send Marion and Wright out for Kaman and Mobley or Tim Thomas. Or send Marion out for Camby, filler, and a pick or two. We might even be able to do a three way deal with the Clippers and the Lakers, or the Clippers and the Bobcats and get Bynum or Emeka.

I'm sorry, but I think this is a pretty ridiculous statement. First off, it's South Beach and it's a big market area for superstars to play in. 2nd of all, by 2010 Beasley is going to be an all-star and Wade, well Wade is Wade he doesn't need an explanation, just watch a replay of his last 4 games and you'll realize what I'm talking about lol. So you're saying, South Beach, a big market, max money, and Beasley and Wade aren't enough to convince another all-star/superstar player to come here? I beg to differ. Wade and the area is enough to convince anybody, add another all-star in Beasley and max money and you can see yourself an incredible, unstoppable dynasty.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 06:42:16 am »

Quote from: "[)-Wa[)3"

I'm sorry, but I think this is a pretty ridiculous statement. First off, it's South Beach and it's a big market area for superstars to play in. 2nd of all, by 2010 Beasley is going to be an all-star and Wade, well Wade is Wade he doesn't need an explanation, just watch a replay of his last 4 games and you'll realize what I'm talking about lol. So you're saying, South Beach, a big market, max money, and Beasley and Wade aren't enough to convince another all-star/superstar player to come here? I beg to differ. Wade and the area is enough to convince anybody, add another all-star in Beasley and max money and you can see yourself an incredible, unstoppable dynasty.[/quote]That's great and all but who is this max player you're talking about?
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 10:59:00 am »

I'm sorry, but I think this is a pretty ridiculous statement. First off, it's South Beach and it's a big market area for superstars to play in. 2nd of all, by 2010 Beasley is going to be an all-star and Wade, well Wade is Wade he doesn't need an explanation, just watch a replay of his last 4 games and you'll realize what I'm talking about lol. So you're saying, South Beach, a big market, max money, and Beasley and Wade aren't enough to convince another all-star/superstar player to come here? I beg to differ. Wade and the area is enough to convince anybody, add another all-star in Beasley and max money and you can see yourself an incredible, unstoppable dynasty.

That's great and all but who is this max player you're talking about?[/quote]

Bosh, Amare, LeBron, Yao, Caron Butler; hell i wouldn't even mind going after Marc Gasol or Dalembert if worst comes to worst. You messed up a little bit with quoting me lol. But do you see what I'm saying as a whole? Curry is not going to be the answer for this team in the present or the future and Marbury is a 1 year try-out who could have different intentions other than team-oriented. I just think we could do better and, if you look at the rumors page, another rumor has come up about Kaman not having enough star type talent and he could be shipped off for a big, preferably a PF with star type talent. Marion is a PF who is still seen as a star and, I think, either Marion or Haslem + banks is going to be shipped off soon for Kaman. It's just a matter of time.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 11:28:12 am »

Bosh, Amare, LeBron, Yao, Caron Butler; hell i wouldn't even mind going after Marc Gasol or Dalembert if worst comes to worst. You messed up a little bit with quoting me lol. But do you see what I'm saying as a whole? Curry is not going to be the answer for this team in the present or the future and Marbury is a 1 year try-out who could have different intentions other than team-oriented. I just think we could do better and, if you look at the rumors page, another rumor has come up about Kaman not having enough star type talent and he could be shipped off for a big, preferably a PF with star type talent. Marion is a PF who is still seen as a star and, I think, either Marion or Haslem + banks is going to be shipped off soon for Kaman. It's just a matter of time.
Kaman's not on the block. The Bobcats simply made an offer for him which was promptly rejected. Bosh plays the same position as Beasley so that would never work. Butler won't be a FA in 2010 nor will Dalembert or Gasol(??). Yao will obviously be extended as will Marc Gasol. Lebron has 5 teams he's more likely to go to than Miami. That leaves Amare. So it's basically Amare or nothing (extremely likely to be nothing if Miami doesn't have a good PG by this time) vs. playing it safe with Curry.
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 04:05:37 pm »

Kaman's not on the block. The Bobcats simply made an offer for him which was promptly rejected. Bosh plays the same position as Beasley so that would never work. Butler won't be a FA in 2010 nor will Dalembert or Gasol(??). Yao will obviously be extended as will Marc Gasol. Lebron has 5 teams he's more likely to go to than Miami. That leaves Amare. So it's basically Amare or nothing (extremely likely to be nothing if Miami doesn't have a good PG by this time) vs. playing it safe with Curry.

Bosh can play center. And really about Dalembert and Gasol? I looked it up and i saw there names, but maybe I'm trippin lol. But, anyways, I'd still rather have cap space and sign atleast a Mehmet Okur or a few other above average players than Curry. Curry can be had for a rack of basketballs. I always felt you don't trade players just cause of need, Marion can get more value back imo. Give Chalmers time to develop, I always felt he was a mold of Chauncey Billups. Go check out videos of Chalmers and Billups in the past and it's uncanny how similar they are. I say just wait and see, if Kaman can't be had then go after Camby. I think Clippers are going to ship Camby or Kaman out once they realize they're not going anywhere and Marion would be the perfect fit alongside B. Diddy.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 04:12:19 pm »

I see your point. I think you're underestimating Curry but they could just as well sign Wilcox this off-season.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: