Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1-7  (Read 1844 times)
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

1-7
« on: November 16, 2008, 02:59:38 am »

How did we lose the Blazers game? McCants, Love and Foye all shot horribly and I don't think I've ever seen Al only pull down 6 boards when he's playing for us. But we only held them to 14 in the 2nd. I thought we had that game. But it's time for a few things to change.

1. Reign McCants in. His shot selection was disgusting tonight. He's playing for himself and a new contract out there now but he's not converting. It may be time for him to go.

2. Foye doesn't work at PG. I'm not saying he's a bad player but we need someone that can get it to our bigs and actually create for other people. Foye only seems to be looking for his own shot which isn't helping. I think that's what he's always going to be like too. I'll wait until the end of the season to pass judgement but if it hasn't changed we may need to look into acquiring a starting point either through trade or the draft. Foye should be good coming off the bench in a 6th man role.

3. Is someone going to play defence. We didn't do too bad against Portland tonight but it wasn't great either. We already knew that no one on that team was going to be a lockdown defender but I thought they'd atleast put in some kind of team defence scheme to make up for it. So far they have not.

4. Which leads me to say we need a new coach. Wittman isn't cutting it.

5. We desperately need a centre. Jefferson is wasting so much energy covering everyone's mistakes on defence. Anyone that can rotate and cut off penetration into the key would be nice.

Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

1-7
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:07:03 am »

Me too. The Blazers really played a bad game. I can't believe the Wolves let Portland hang around. If they knew how to hold a lead this would have been an easy win for them.

Sig by bbyao06
czaras
All-Star

1-7
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 10:58:43 am »

Goddamnit, guess who had positive +/- during their time on the court: Jason Collins and Corey Brewer. DEFENCE.

Yes, Wittman needs to be sacked. The sooner the better.

Another thing, out with the small-ball already. Craig "Rhino" Smith is not cutting it as a 6-6 PF. He needs to be traded.

Ditto Foye or McCants. One of the two has to go. Package Foye/McCants, Rhino and Cardinal, get a PLAYER on the way back for christ's sake.
shangrila
MVP

1-7
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 02:18:14 pm »

I'd rather trade McCants over Foye. While Foye isn't shooting well it seems to be more he's just missing then forcing himself to take ridiculous shots like McCants is.

I'd rather keep Smith unless he's crucial for a deal. I'd just limit his minutes until he can develop a 3pt shot and some handles and become more a hybrid forward. He could be really good as a 6-7 post up small forward playing spot minutes at power forward. But it doesn't work the other way around.

But I agree small ball has to end.

czaras
All-Star

1-7
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 03:05:40 pm »

Quote from: "shangrila"
I'd rather keep Smith unless he's crucial for a deal. I'd just limit his minutes until he can develop a 3pt shot and some handles and become more a hybrid forward. He could be really good as a 6-7 post up small forward playing spot minutes at power forward. But it doesn't work the other way around.

Err, Ryan Gomes?

We don't need Rhino to become what Gomes already is. In fact, we don't need Rhino at all, when having Gomes.
shangrila
MVP

1-7
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 09:21:29 pm »

Gomes isn't a post up forward but I see what you mean.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: