Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Raptors fire Sam Mitchell!  (Read 23416 times)
Supa
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2008, 09:33:45 pm »

Actually bapper, I only tire of arguing when one side refuses to consider the argument or properly understand it.

If you maintain your position on what I said on the Bosh thing, I will put you in the "firmly denies to see the truth" category.
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2008, 09:39:53 pm »

no i understand i just dont think u realize how the contract negotiation worked. He wouldn't have signed the deal if it was long term he wanted a short term deal. what did you want BC to say.. nope sorry Chris we will have to wait till your contract to run out and see how free agency goes... come on supa dont be a hypacrit... i dont recognize ur side i was the one who just wanted to stop this argument going no where your the one who cant stand to not be told they are right.
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

Respect: +2

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2008, 09:45:34 pm »

Quote from: "Supa"
Prime, you do not understand how the cap works.  Read about Bird rights then get back to me.  You are not proving yourself right by posting that, you are showing everyone that you don't understand the cap.

bird right?? Yes I know what are bird rights... Does Toronto want to go over the luxury tax? No... like i said.. they'd have close to 40million insured in 4 players. They'll need a 13 or 14 player roster. They'll need to sign 8 or 9 other role players before they sign bosh with his "bird rights." Cam we sign 8 or 9 good role players for 17 million before signing Bosh? RJ might not even be good in 2010.. We don't know. BC doesn't want to take the risk.. That's why he didn't trade TJ Ford for G Force.

Supa
Starter

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2008, 09:53:12 pm »

Quote from: "bapper"
no i understand i just dont think u realize how the contract negotiation worked. He wouldn't have signed the deal if it was long term he wanted a short term deal. what did you want BC to say.. nope sorry Chris we will have to wait till your contract to run out and see how free agency goes... come on supa dont be a hypacrit... i dont recognize ur side i was the one who just wanted to stop this argument going no where your the one who cant stand to not be told they are right.

It is very possible that Chris and his agent said our way or the highway.  However, you stated that BC did a great job negotiating a reasonable contract.  If Chris got everything he wanted, and made no concessions to BC, then how was it a good contract negotiation?  It cant be, by definition.  We had to sign Chris, of course, and if this was the only way to do it then it was still worth it.  However, there is no credit due to BC for that.  Which is why I did not list it into either a "good" move by BC or a "bad" move.

I have no problems being wrong.  I'm wrong all the time.  In this particular case, you have not convinced me that I am.
Supa
Starter

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2008, 09:57:09 pm »

Quote from: "Prime Time"
Prime, you do not understand how the cap works.  Read about Bird rights then get back to me.  You are not proving yourself right by posting that, you are showing everyone that you don't understand the cap.

bird right?? Yes I know what are bird rights... Does Toronto want to go over the luxury tax? No... like i said.. they'd have close to 40million insured in 4 players. They'll need a 13 or 14 player roster. They'll need to sign 8 or 9 other role players before they sign bosh with his "bird rights." Cam we sign 8 or 9 good role players for 17 million before signing Bosh? RJ might not even be good in 2010.. We don't know. BC doesn't want to take the risk.. That's why he didn't trade TJ Ford for G Force.

If we have 4 players who take up 40 million of the cap space, then we would have about 30 million to work with without going over into the luxury tax threshold, not 17 million.
bapper
Star

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2008, 10:00:29 pm »

just as you have not convinced me thats why i said lets just agree to disagree cuz obviously neither of us are going to be agreeing with the other. Which is fine nobody is going to agree with everyone.
Supa
Starter

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2008, 10:02:01 pm »

Yep I'm fine with that.  

I am still quite confused how you can think it was a good contract negotiation if Chris got absolutely everything he wanted without concession though.  Puzzling.
bapper
Star

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2008, 10:06:57 pm »

we dont know what bosh wanted neither of us were there bosh might have wanted 2 years maybe he wanted 10 neither of us will ever know
Supa
Starter

« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2008, 10:10:21 pm »

Well, no, we do know.

He couldn't have 10, because thats against the CBA.

He wouldn't want 2, because that does not provide security.

What he signed for was the maximum number of years (maximum security), with the earliest possible opt-out (maximum flexibility for the player).  This is the best possible deal for the player.  It is exactly the same deal LeBron and Wade signed.

The only team that had a good negotiation with the stars of that draft class was Denver.
bapper
Star

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2008, 10:11:15 pm »

you dont know that is what he came in asking for supa, it is purely speculation u werent in the convo
Supa
Starter

« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2008, 10:13:30 pm »

You're right, I am sure he asked for 2 years for 20 dollars each year for no real reason, because he doesn't like security.  Then BC talked him into taking a max deal that is the most favorable deal possible to the player.

Now you're just being willfully blind so you don't have to admit that BC did not negotiate a good deal.  It's the "lalalalala you cant prove it" defense.
bapper
Star

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:03 pm »

no i am just trying not to be argumentative, unlike some people...
Supa
Starter

« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2008, 10:17:31 pm »

Actually what I am doing is discussing/conversing/debating.   Ironically, what you are doing is being argumentative (ala "you don't know! you weren't there!! Nobody can know anything!!).
bapper
Star

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2008, 10:23:57 pm »

thatss cuz its the truth u were not in the room nor was i nor was anyone but CB4 his agent BC and other executives

its not being argumentitive its stating the obvious truth!
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

Respect: +2

« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2008, 10:25:11 pm »

Quote from: "Prime Time"

If we have 4 players who take up 40 million of the cap space, then we would have about 30 million to work with without going over into the luxury tax threshold, not 17 million.

one last thing before i go to sleep. we have 17 mil to sign free agents who don't have bird rights with us...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up

Jump to: