Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raptors fire Sam Mitchell!  (Read 23418 times)
Chuck Diesel
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2008, 11:24:07 pm »

Obviously Hornacek is better than Kapono doesn't change my point that Kapono has been improperly implemented by Smitch.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2008, 12:04:48 am »

Quote from: "Chuck Diesel"
Obviously Hornacek is better than Kapono doesn't change my point that Kapono has been improperly implemented by Smitch.

I agree about Kapono being used improperly.  A couple of times a game they run him off some screens and have him get the ball at the foul line or the elbow and it seems like something positive happens for the Raptors more often than not when they do that, but they give him touches like that sparingly.  He's a smart player who seems to know how to get a good shot in the air or who to pass to when that's taken away, I think they should be giving him a little more responsibility on offense.

And it's also worth noting that his style of play works well with Calderons.  If Kapono can ever become a passable defender I think he'd be a really good starter.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2008, 12:07:45 am »

Yeah Kapono is a smart player, utilized properly (see Miami) he can be a very respectable player and he will always stretch the defense. His defense is just horrible, but with some proper coaching in that area, he could get at least somewhat better at it (see Korver in Utah).

Soon....
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2008, 12:09:51 am »

He had some good moments in the Portland game, he just doesn't play good defense consistently.  He just needs to learn to position himself and read his opponents body language like Dan Majerle did toward the end of his career; the guy could barely move but he was still a solid defender.  If he can do it, Kapono should be able to figure it out if he puts the work in.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2008, 01:00:29 am »

I'm sure he works at it really hard, some guys have it, some guys don't. Like a jump shot.

Micheal Jordan > Then ALL
and Now his life force flows through Kobe Bryant

shot outs to: '***'  < For hooking Me UP!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Jump to: