Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Raptors fire Sam Mitchell!  (Read 23547 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 07:36:41 pm »

No to Jeff Van Gundy, unless you want to the Raptors offense to consist of iso's being run by Bosh and....well, Bosh.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
willie
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 07:44:38 pm »

Quote from: "Supa"
I don't see why everyone is so happy.  This increases the odds of Bosh leaving, by a lot.

I agree with you 100% on this one.  I was gonna write about that but I thought it would throw this post into another god damn 2010 thing.

Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 08:02:39 pm »

Bosh is only going to leave if we keep loosing, We'll keep loosing if we don't make a shake up, BC fired Sam for many reasons one infact being trying to save face with bosh.

The only available coaches around are Avery Johnson, Flip Saunders, JVG, Eddie Jordan.. Atleast that i can think of. Avery Johnson would get us some wins, and use Bargnani and Bosh to their fullest potential. I don't know much about JVG, however.. I have absolutely nothing against jay triano, but if we want to rack up some wins and attempt a run in the playoffs, we need a proven coach.
Supa
Starter

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 08:08:47 pm »

Quote from: "Cbosh4awin"
I have absolutely nothing against jay triano, but if we want to rack up some wins and attempt a run in the playoffs, we need a proven coach.

And as I have pointed out in other threads, you generally do not sign a proven coach mid-season.   I cant think of a single example.

Which means this year is likely a wash, unless Triano is some sort of super-coach.  Which means we're headed for a one and done, or near miss of the playoffs (both of which will get us basically nothing in the draft).  

So that gives us 1 year.  1 year to show Bosh that we're building towards a contender.  

He is as good as gone imo.
Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 08:18:51 pm »

Your probably right, however, if anyone can find us a coach right now in BC, i wouldnt completely give up on the chance of getting someone, its only 18 games into the season. And i don't really believe that BC would fire Sam without a plan A. B. And C.
Supa
Starter

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2008, 08:25:13 pm »

I'm not so sure BC can.  There are two reasons for this:

1) Financial:  Pay a top-shelf coach millions on top of paying Sam 4 mil this year?  With the stingy pension that owns the Raps?  I doubt it.

2)Coach's don't like to take a job mid-season -  New coaches like to implement new systems.  That is basically impossible to do during an NBA season.
Big Fundemental
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2008, 08:30:16 pm »

Ok, so, why is everybody assuming that Van Gundy is in any way available? Not to mention the other coaches. Triano will coach out the season, after that point, an assistant from like Phoenix or something will be hired.
Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2008, 08:43:45 pm »

Well its a fans job to think of the best cast scenario. If Jay Triano does finish the season, which i do agree he probably will, It's not the worst thing in the world, were still the same team, maybe its just enough to light a fire under the players and get them to put out a higher effort. With that said, im still optimistic in that BC isn't done, I agree that a coach is doubtful, however, Parker and some draft picks are still kicking around.. you never know.
Supa
Starter

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2008, 08:47:55 pm »

Quote from: "Cbosh4awin"
Well its a fans job to think of the best cast scenario.

Couldn't disagree more.
Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 08:52:46 pm »

Well for 2 seasons post VC i watched 164 dissapointing games waiting for something good to happen, Im tired of not being optimistic, If you look to the negatives of this team whats the point in cheering
Supa
Starter

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2008, 09:03:32 pm »

Theres lots to like about the team.  It does not mean I have to like everything that they do, or treat BC like a basketball messiah.  

It is better to be realistic.  It is also good to have fans that will not support the team when it is faring poorly.  This gives management an incentive to improve the team.  If you have a franchise that makes tons of money regardless of how they do in the standings, you get the Clippers.
Kyle_G
MVP

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 09:05:30 pm »

I misinterpretated your original comment, Your more then right, i agree. And in no way do i think of BC as the god of all basketball, He hasn't even taken a team to the finals.
Supa
Starter

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 09:17:34 pm »

Oh ok.   Welcome to the boards btw.
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

Respect: +2

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 09:18:52 pm »

Quote from: "Supa"
Oh ok.   Welcome to the boards btw.

He's a new guy. I checked the ip.. lol i thought he was Bosh... missed that guy.

Supa
Starter

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2008, 09:24:14 pm »

You can tell it isn't Bosh because he doesn't prattle on like a moron.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up

Jump to: