Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Raptors fire Sam Mitchell!  (Read 23431 times)
Chuck Diesel
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2008, 02:10:07 am »

I'll agree our D is worse. But JO is way better than Rasho on D. In fact he's the best D we got right now. However Moon regressed so bad I can't understand it. Calderon is actually a little worse too. Bargs is a little better and the rest of the team is a little worse. We have 3 people that can play defense JO. good. Bosh mediocre, Parker somewhat below mediocre.Everyone else stinks. The addition of JO had nothing to do with that. without him we'd be even worse. Offensively he's still adjusting. And while 44% is pretty bad for a big man he could improve if we could get a coach who understands how to play 2 big men together. Or a coach that would understand how to play strong side in-out's with him and kapono.
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2008, 03:34:11 am »

O'Neals field goal percentage has very little to do with the coaching, it has been that way for a few years now.  He's just not a very good offensive player but he thinks he is, so he takes shots that he can't make consistently.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
legenderypete
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2008, 06:56:57 pm »

from what i heard from mitchell media etc, is that bc was tryin to control who plays and stuff while mitchell wanted hardwork and defence bc demanded him to play bargs even tho mitchell said he hadnt earned his minutes. Also he had no say on signings,trades

It wouldnt suprise me if this was happening as it happens in alot in sports

Duckshoes is right o'neal isnt a good offensive player anymore, too many injurys has caused him to become a bad descion maker go for an easy jumper instead get inside, still he improves the defence and better than rasho.

The team lacks a bench and with moon and parker both strugglin that a huge gap, last year the tandem of calderon and ford won quite a few games for the raps ,delfino was a good backup too who could of been a starter this year.

The raps actually on paper look weaker, yes the o'neal trade was needed aswell as ford was unhappy and was very poor whenever he came on the bench.

They still have big holes which have been there for a few years, Poor perimiter defence,  Poor reboundin(27th in reboundin,29th in offensive rebs), too many jump shooters
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2008, 09:33:38 pm »

WE need a perimeter defender.. I'm sure we'll be fine in the interior with Bosh and JO there, it will get better eventually. Just Calderon isn't a good defender, he looks lost at times. Parker is to slow at times but he does have good IQ on the defensive end. Graham can turn into a good physical defender with work from our coaches, Moon can be good too with his athletiscm. Ukic can cause some trouble with his height against shorter PG's too. And Solomon is actually a good defender from what i've seen this year. So we have the potential/tools to be a good defensive team, we just need to put A LOT of work into the defense. Offense is fine, we need the defense.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2008, 12:40:20 pm »

So Sam Mitchell got fired, we obviously can't keep Triano long, I don't want to see him, he's just heartbeat less worse then Mitchell. I think we should get Avrey Johnson, my cuz convinced me he would be the best man for the job, and I agree. I think he would love to coach Chris Bosh.

Does anyone know if there have been any talks or rumors of getting a new coach yet?

Micheal Jordan > Then ALL
and Now his life force flows through Kobe Bryant

shot outs to: '***'  < For hooking Me UP!
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2008, 01:11:39 pm »

Quote from: "blackmist_1"
So Sam Mitchell got fired, we obviously can't keep Triano long, I don't want to see him, he's just heartbeat less worse then Mitchell. I think we should get Avrey Johnson, my cuz convinced me he would be the best man for the job, and I agree. I think he would love to coach Chris Bosh.

Does anyone know if there have been any talks or rumors of getting a new coach yet?

Why is it so "obvious" that we can't keep Triano. And how do you know how good or bad he is? He's coached a game and a half up to the minute of this post.

Soon....
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2008, 01:28:47 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"

Why is it so "obvious" that we can't keep Triano. And how do you know how good or bad he is? He's coached a game and a half up to the minute of this post.

It just kind of contradicts firing Mitchell, why make an advisor to him stay, we obviously need a more qaulified coach. Avrey Johnson has an awsome track record......you would want Triano over Avrey Johnson? Triano's first game he coached was disasterous, doesn't say much to me and my confidence in him, actually that first game just about sums up the confidence I have in him.

Chuck Diesel
Starter

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2008, 01:42:30 pm »

Your writing sums up the confidence I have in your eyes and your brain. Triano has one practice with a tired team and they got beat. Yeah he instantly stinks. Avery Johnson has a great track record of what? Choking?
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2008, 01:56:27 pm »

Quote from: "Chuck Diesel"
Your writing sums up the confidence I have in your eyes and your brain. Triano has one practice with a tired team and they got beat. Yeah he instantly stinks. Avery Johnson has a great track record of what? Choking?

Your writing sums up your foolishness, ya his great track record is all about chocking *sarcasims* So you would choose Triano over Avrey I may as well ask. Your basically saying give him a chance, and i'm basically saying get someone with experience right away. We just fired Sam Mitchell that had a 8-9 record, wtf are you crying about keeping him to permanently stay as head coach. Who knows if Avrey were to come to tdot, it may attrack other people to want to play with us. I see Avrey toughing up Toronto.

Chuck Diesel
Starter

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2008, 03:24:56 pm »

No one is crying you Malton hood rat. I said you're damning a coach that has had 1 practice and 1 game with a very tired team. Avery has won nothing with a sick *** team. Learn to spell for fucks sakes.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2008, 04:27:27 pm »

Right so we could use someone who can defensive rebound as well...

Soon....
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2008, 04:38:13 pm »

Quote from: "Chuck Diesel"
No one is crying you Malton hood rat. I said you're damning a coach that has had 1 practice and 1 game with a very tired team. Avery has won nothing with a sick ***** team. Learn to spell for fucks sakes.

lol @ malton hood rat, that made me laugh. As for spelling mistakes, are you assuming I can't spell? I think my grammer and spelling is fairly good, but I do make mistakes like everyone else. When writing labs or reports I do proof read and use spell check. I was gonna do that here and then I remembered that this is just a f(u)ckin forum you F(a)g, relax. Yes you are crying like a b(i)tch. Whats is the point of firing Sam Mitchell who has loads of experience being a head coach for keeping an interm coach with no experience. I'm sure he can grow into an awsome coach for Tdot, but with the firing of Sam, clearly we are not looking for deveolpment, we need results a.sap, you can't disagree with that. Did you watch the portland game today? We lost so its 0-2 for Triano. I dont care about the last game cause it was close, but I only bring it up cause I know your b(i)tch as(s) would of came back on here and been like see he won his second game. I was hoping Toronto would of won that game btw.

Supa
Starter

« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2008, 04:43:14 pm »

lol @ malton hood rat, that made me laugh. As for spelling mistakes, are you assuming I can't spell? I think my grammer and spelling is fairly good, but I do make mistakes like everyone else. When writing labs or reports I do proof read and use spell check. I was gonna do that here and then I remembered that this is just a f(u)ckin forum you F(a)g, relax. Yes you are crying like a b(i)tch. Whats is the point of firing Sam Mitchell who has loads of experience being a head coach for keeping an interm coach with no experience. I'm sure he can grow into an awsome coach for Tdot, but with the firing of Sam, clearly we are not looking for deveolpment, we need results a.sap, you can't disagree with that. Did you watch the portland game today? We lost so its 0-2 for Triano. I dont care about the last game cause it was close, but I only bring it up cause I know your b(i)tch as(s) would of came back on here and been like see he won his second game. I was hoping Toronto would of won that game btw.

Hi there.  Please find me one example of one time that a "big name" coach signed with a new team mid-season.  That is all.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2008, 04:43:55 pm »

The point was to give the team a shakeup. Your logic is that Triano won't work out, or hasn't worked out so far...okay.

Sam wasn't working out. See how that works?

Soon....
blackmist_1
Benchwarmer

« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
The point was to give the team a shakeup. Your logic is that Triano won't work out, or hasn't worked out so far...okay.

Sam wasn't working out. See how that works?

Someone like Avery, I think would get the mental focus across to the players. He's highly respected, he's a winner, cause he has been part of one of the best championship team. I can't accept the argument of giving Triano a chance for reasons I stated. I know it wasn't working with Sam, but if that was Colangelo's big strategic move to get rid of Sam and make Triano stay, then I would loose respect for that decision.

Quote from: "supa"
Hi there. Please find me one example of one time that a "big name" coach signed with a new team mid-season. That is all.

I can't think of none, but its not that far into the season yet, and its not mid-season yet either. I always went by all-star game being the mid point of the season, but if i'm wrong forgive me. One big time coach that comes to mind that turned around a team is Larry Brown in detroit......heheh now i'm chuckling because A.I is there now and they are doing poor. but not to get off topic theres an example.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up

Jump to: