Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corey Brewer Out for the Year; ACL Tear  (Read 1597 times)
streethistory
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: December 03, 2008, 04:29:41 PM »

The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced that forward Corey Brewer will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee. A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) study done this morning revealed the extent of the injury, which occurred during Minnesota's game vs. Denver on Saturday night. The date for surgery has yet to be determined.

"This is a tough situation for Corey and we feel for him," said Timberwolves VP of Basketball Operations Kevin McHale. "Corey has worked extremely hard on his game. He was starting to really feel comfortable on the floor and was playing well. We'll miss his energy, defensive mindedness and toughness moving forward."

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/Brewer_to_Miss_Remainder_of_Se-291464-1193.html

------

I was at Saturdays game and seeing Brewer do what he did, it looked bad.  I thought he'd be out for the rest of the game.  When he returned I was shocked.  Then he did what he did the 1st time again.

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »

Next year it will be Love and the year after that whoever we pick this year. Everyone we pick in the lottery goes down for the season in their sophomore years.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +719

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:56:59 AM »

Quote from: "shangrila"
Next year it will be Love and the year after that whoever we pick this year. Everyone we pick in the lottery goes down for the season in their sophomore years.

It seems as if they Wolves are kind of snake bitten with the draft. They should trade for Yao. Sorry, I'm drunk.

RIP Madawg
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 10:08:28 PM »

Corey Brewer will not be any better than Rodney Carney is now.  I say keep Carney and send Brewer packing.  At least Carney can hit a shot with some regularity and doesn't dribble the ball above his shoulders.

streethistory
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 12:11:52 AM »

Quote from: "wolvesfan41"
Corey Brewer will not be any better than Rodney Carney is now.  I say keep Carney and send Brewer packing.  At least Carney can hit a shot with some regularity and doesn't dribble the ball above his shoulders.

Finally a Wolves fan that doesn't like Brewer.  I didn't know there was somebody else thinking like me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: