Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NY Trade Thought  (Read 897 times)
nester66
Star

« on: December 04, 2008, 03:23:51 am »

I've been watching a lot of NY basketball lately and every single game two names that could be traded for keep coming to mind. Everytime I see the knicks run and gun I know that they are waiting for 2010. They need a superstar badly for then, but they really need to have Mike D'antonie firmly entrenched when '10 comes. He needs a team who can run his way and win next year, at least some games. Sure, they want to scrap stuff now for a great draft pick this year, but next year they better try to win games.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Straight to the point:

I think Sergio Rodriguez and Rudy Fernandez are the team of the future for NY if they could get them, and heres why: They play great together, they know each others game, they know the system mike likes to play, their game is molded for it, sergio and fernandez can run for days, they ally-oop and make the game fun, they have a fan base everywhere they go, it gives a inside outside threat. Sergio is kinda like a nash who caries himself like parker, and Rudy is a beast who will be a star and plays like Ginobili with hops for days (not saying Ginobili can't jump, just that rudy and sergio ally-oops are awesome)

Now I am a Portland fan though. I love these guys, so do most fans. What could NY trade that would interest them though other then their draft pick, which they won't trade if they want lebron?

I really think these two can be bought low right now compared with next year.  I don't see portland trading them for little though, so I don't know. I wouldn't want them seperate. Together they are a starting PG and SG that will rival most once they get experience, and if nothing else will make NY fun to watch for years to come. Lebron getting those oops or kicking it out to rudy for three, or drawing a double and ally'n to rudy himself sounds exciting.

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:58:13 am »

Rodriguez is possible but Fernandez won't be moved this year or next year.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 04:02:59 am »

I honestly wouldn't mind if we traded Sergio. But I really don't think NY has anyone that would interest Portland (besides Lee or Chandler, but that wouldn't be a fair trade and everyone knows Portland has enough logjams).

Sig by bbyao06
nester66
Star

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 05:19:20 pm »

maybe just for their first round pick in '10 or '11 and Nate robinson for sergio and rudy, I'm not sure it would be enough, and I know we have a logjam at point, but Roy and Robinson did play together in college, and if rumors about conley are true then perhaps that would be enough to persuade pritch for them with picks of course. I don't see ny trading any picks they have in 09 or 10 though, other then seconds, which aren't enough.

And lets be honest, anyone who wants to trade for sergio will want rudy in the package, they are made for one another. If we trade one, we will trade the other or he will be unhappy with the team anyway.

Unless it was a sign and trade to somewhere that the other knew the other would make more money and wanted to go, but neither wants to leave portland right now. And neither would be happy at all if the other was traded away.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: