Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My opinions...  (Read 2234 times)
Danimals
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: December 01, 2008, 09:14:26 pm »

We need to build through the draft and smart trades.

Could we even get a max level free agent in Minny? Do we even want one? Name one who has switched teams, signed a max deal, and won a championship. Only Shaq has done it so far.

San Antonio should be the model for the Wolves. Al is the closest thing to Duncan out there.

We need character guys who want to be in 'Sota.

Big Al, Miller, Love, Gomes- keep these guys for sure, the only problem is only two of them are starters. I like Foye and Brewer but they have not shown me enough so far, I would give them one more year. I would have Brewer watching film on Bruce Bowen for the entire season since he is hurt. McCants has to go. I like Smith, but he is one dimensional and we need too many other parts to keep him if he could be traded for an upgrade elsewhere.

We need a starting center and a backup. Maybe that Euro we drafted in the second round is one of them. We need to get him here next year. We also need to draft a center or trade for one. Kaman would be great. He has a nice contract and would be with us for awhile. He's not trying to play in a big market for advertising. Who would pay him to advertise?

We need a new coach. I like Whit, but he is an assistant. We need a defensive coach who is gonna hold these guys accountable. I like Avery Johnson.

We need to quit drafting undersized guys and combo guards.

We need to get rid of McMillen-McFail-McWhatthef**kishethinking. He has made 3 good moves as far as I can remember: drafting KG(thanks for everything kid, i loved watching you beat the fakers), getting Big Al and all those pieces for KG, and the Love-Mayo trade(yes Mayo is probably better than Love, but we did not need another 6'4'' ball hog who would leave after his rookie contract, besides Miller is great and wants to be here, and we got rid of Jaric and Walker! I hated those guys) We are in a pretty good position to improve and compete over the next few years. However, if Mchale is in charge all the young talent, expiring contracts, draft picks, and salary cap space will be wasted. He has done a lot to erase his mistakes, now he just needs to step down and return to the cabin in the north woods.

These are my opinion on the Timber-pups.

Skoal Vikings!
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 11:48:28 pm »

Firstly I'd just like to welcome you to the Timberwolves board here at Hoopshype. Hope you enjoy posting here.

You're absolutely correct when saying we need to build through the draft and trades. We're not a big market team and until we start winning we'll never be able to attract those big name free agents.

I agree with you about our players too. I'm currently under the impression that we're in need of an upgrade at the point guard position. I really like Foye but it's painfully clear this year that he's never going to be the point we need.

We need someone who can feed our bigs, get the ball to our wing players and generally just run an offence more then shoot. We don't have anyone specific that can create for themselves on the wings and with Jefferson's lack of a passing game at this point we either need someone who can create for themselves or a point guard that will pass the ball around. I'm hoping we could get Ricky Rubio if he declares this season.

I'd have Brewer hitting the weights while he's recovering. If he can add some muscle to his frame without impacting his quickness I think he'll be a much better player for it. If he can transform himself the way McCants did while he was recovering I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a key part of this association and any championship runs we make.

I hope we can get Pekovic over. I really think when he comes our draft night will look a whole lot better. But he'll cost alot more then any normal rookie would and I think his contract only expires in 2010 so there's a chance we won't see him until then.

I've said a few times Avery Johnson would be a good coach here. I'd keep Wittman until the end of the year but then I'd look into hiring a new coach. Our losing streak is kind of half-half right now. Wittman is a shocking coach but most of our players haven't been off to a good start.

Finally yes McHale has to go. They're grooming the assistant GM now to take over McHale's reigns and reports say that the pair disagree on several key issues. Hopefully this new one will be a breath of fresh air.

naptown
Star

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:00:20 am »

That's exactly what they've been doing. Draft Foye, Brewer,Love
 Trades KG the whole celtics roster Mike miller telfair. They just need a couple years to mesh.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 04:30:44 pm »

Well, it's hard to disagree on the most part, when you take into consideration that most T_Wolves fans want Wittman and McHale gone.

Yes, The FA Market should be a deadzone for us. It's not like we can lure anyone to this team like Miami and Phoenix (weather) or NYK and NJ (big cities) can.

We've got some deals expiring by 2010 or earlier - deal them for 'overpaid' guys who could be productive and have deals going through 2010, 2011... hell, 2012. Chris Kaman, Gerald Wallace - these guys. Just examples.

I disagree on Craig Smith. He causes more trouble than helps us. Yes, he scores 20+ every 5 games or so because they can't guard him. But he himself can't guard any PF/C for his life EVERY GAME. Too much fuss. Undersized PF's should never be part of the rotation. Let's be conservative here. Smiley

All in all, I believe a better coach (Avery?) could give us waaaay more out of Gomes, Love, Brewer and Foye (those are the guys I'd keep next to Big Al). Miller is a vet, he'll find his. The rest of our team? Kick them out, save capspace for a deal for productive players. And let Freddie Hoiberg do the deal, not McHale.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 05:45:16 pm »

I think Smith will be more valuable to a contending team. Guys like Carl Landry and Leon Powe have enjoyed success on those kinds of teams and neither seem to have the low post skills that Craggles has.

But I love how well he's playing. It's only making him more and more valuable.

acstine
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 12:42:54 pm »

completely agree about smith.  he's a great complimentary player to a contending team.  he's only in his third year and has been an explosive early scorer for the wolves especially in the last fews games.  i like him and like where he's going.
acstine
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 12:45:03 pm »

...unfortunately we're not contending
streethistory
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:26:37 am »

Quote from: "acstine"
completely agree about smith.  he's a great complimentary player to a contending team.  he's only in his third year and has been an explosive early scorer for the wolves especially in the last fews games.  i like him and like where he's going.

Craig is an energy off the bench player.  He increases intensity of the game.  I like him off the bench on any team.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: