Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Deals.  (Read 2712 times)
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« on: December 09, 2008, 06:17:37 am »

Durring the Jazz broadcast BC spoke about some possible deals he was listening to, Also yesterday on ESPN's Rumour centeral there was a post of the raptors being open to deals. BC's been talking about trades. Anyone read or heard of potential trades that could be happening?
Supa
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 09:27:28 am »

Scrubs for scrubs!

I think that BC talks about 'possible deals' a lot lately just to placate fans.  I think he just throws a ball against the wall most of the day.

His options are extremely limited, we have 1 asset with great trade value, 1 with good trade value, and a bunch of assets with limited trade value.
Kyle_G
a.k.a. Cbosh4awin & Reptar
MVP

Respect: +1198

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:13:56 am »

I think that BC talks about 'possible deals' a lot lately just to placate fans.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit, he does seem to mention it whenever possible..
its unfortunate our GM has so many personal ties with his players, He'll probably never give up Parker or even Barns cause he doesn't want to give up on that..
Sigh
Supa
Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:01:58 pm »

He'll give up Parker in a heartbeat.   Bargs he will not, because his ego wont let him.
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:14:43 pm »

I dont know if he will give up parker in a heartbeat but if the right deal comes, he will be on his way. I agree that Bargs wont be moved and i dont think i wanna see him go, but i dont know if its nessesarily that its his ego but i do have to agree that I dont know if i like how bargs seems untouchable I like him but if the right deal comes along, bye bye bargs. But he wont be gone not anytime soon. Look for all of our 2's and 3's on the block. But i dont think he will make a minor move i think it might be a bigger name coming to TO if/when there is a move made
Raptor_11
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:26:22 pm »

I think a trade for a sf that can actually play some defense and score would be awesome.  Then bargniani could come off the bench, and it would make the raptors That much better.. Just that i think would help a whole lot.   But they dont have much trade value either except barngiani but BC wants to keep him so i think the raptors are in a bit of a pickle.. :?

GO RAPS!
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 03:30:04 pm »

Yes, that's what we are all thinking. The problem is, teams with athletic defensive-minded wings, don't want aging and unathletic wings who are generic offensive players and average defenders in exchange. They want (from our team anyway) a versatile big man who is still very young, seeing as if they are giving up there wing, that's not the area of concern for them. Teams like Miami, Charlotte, Golden State, could all use Bargnani more than Parker, Kapono etc.

Soon....
bapper
Star

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 03:46:53 pm »

we also have to remember, yes BC does not wanna get rid of bargs, but we are in a tough spot where we cant really afford to give him up. We only have 5 bigs as is. And Jawai is out for who knows how long (what is the deal with him anyways, can he everr play?) and Hump has tendanitis in his knee so we are down to 3 or 4 of them.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 03:50:39 pm »

Yeah, that's where it becomes a lose-lose situation. We become eerily thin up front if we trade Bargs, but we improve our 2/3 spot. The sad part is we don't really have enough depth on this team to be able to make a trade for a good player and still have somebody decent on the bench. It's going to be one or the other.

Soon....
bapper
Star

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 03:57:50 pm »

The other option is start giving up draft picks
Raptor_11
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 04:00:16 pm »

I would think thats the only way Colangelo is gonna keep Bosh around.

GO RAPS!
socko
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 04:04:22 pm »

maybe BC is losing his touch, but there was a time when GM's used to say "You just got Colangeloed" when a GM would trade good contracts for bad ones.  He has made good deals in the past and I would not mistake investing in his assets (rather than making every trade possible) for blind loyalty.

I think by the end of the season Bargnani will be worth more than he is now.  That's why he's not getting traded.

I think he won't do anything until we see how the guys play for triano a bit more.  Since Triano's switching the defensive style, perhaps some of the players will do better and a) increase their trade value or b) improve the team without a trade happening.

People have unhealty levels of love for Kapono and Parker's contract is also very valuable...I could see getting something for those two.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 04:04:44 pm »

That's true. That's where BC has to decide if he's really about "win now" or "do whatever now, be good later." Over the next two seasons with salaries coming off the books, and of course the far away but at the same time ever-present thought of Bosh leaving in 2010, we have a lot that's going to be changing.

My opinion? Win now. It's early enough in the season that a significant team-improving trade can still be done and get us back to being considered one of the better teams in the East. Remember when everyone was saying how good Philly was going to be this year, and how many discussions/debates there was as to who'd be better? Well, they're on the same boat as us. Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando to me right now are the certified top 3 teams in the East. Detroit's struggling with chemistry issues right now so if we could jump the gun on them with a big trade, we could grab that 4th spot, giving us a much more favourable playoff matchup instead of what we're destined for right now (if we make it) and that is a date with one of the 3 afermentioned teams.

Soon....
socko
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 04:14:37 pm »

good call.  there's little point in making the 6-8 seed in the east.  Right now, I'm not sure there are many teams in the east we could beat in a best of 7 (rookie coach, few rebounders, short bench), but definitely not boston, cleveland or orlando.
bapper
Star

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 04:16:24 pm »

I agree, we gotta win now, just bcuz if we dont get improvement thats all she wrote for bosh and if we dont get bosh back it wont matter if we plan on getting better in the future cuz we wont have bosh our main piece for the future/.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: