Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McDyess Back; Wants To Finish Here  (Read 1513 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: December 10, 2008, 06:29:07 am »

McDyess Wants To End Career With Pistons
Posted: 12/10/2008 3:44:00 AM
Source: Detroit News

Antonio McDyess was in the lineup Tuesday against the Wizards, after officially re-signing with the Pistons. He scored nine points and had six rebounds in 25 minutes upon his return.

"It would have been better if we had won," said McDyess after the 107-94 loss.

"It totally surprised me, no practice, just coming right off the plane. I was surprised with the way I played. I was surprised with my wind."

McDyess and Chauncey Billups were traded to Denver for Allen Iverson last month, but McDyess was bought out by the Nuggets.

"I'm just excited to get back on the court, it's been a long month," McDyess said. "I'm not a savior. I'm just going to help them the best I can."

The early season trade that sent him to the Nuggets caught McDyess "off-guard."

"There are no hard feelings because this is a business and anything can happen," said McDyess, who doesn't think his return will miraculously cure everything that ails the Pistons.

"I knew last year Joe said he was going to mix it up. It (the trade) could have happened sooner. They could have traded any one of us sooner.

"It's going to be an adjustment. Not just because of the time off, but getting used to the guys and the way we're playing now. It's a different style with (Iverson) in the lineup."

McDyess had offers from several contending teams, including the world champion Celtics. But in the end, his familiarity with teammates and the organization won out.

"There were some doubts," said McDyess, about whether he'd return. "I had to look at every option. I didn't think I looked good in green and white for one thing.

"I felt more comfortable here and playing on a team I'm familiar with. I wanted to end my career here."

Squandering a 17 point lead, cmmon?

Good thing A.I's an expiring, at least.

LET'S GO HEAT.
AIgoat
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:42:30 pm »

its nice........although it wont turn around whatever is happening now
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:41:16 am »

Quote from: "AIgoat"
its nice........although it wont turn around whatever is happening now

Yep, they're like what, 7th seed?

I's just a disappointment, I used to idolize A.I, it's just that he doesnt fit in here, good thing he's a huge expiring, though.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: