Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft...  (Read 1416 times)
Danimals
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: December 17, 2008, 10:46:34 am »

Who would you take if the Wolves get the first pick? Then what would you like to see them do with all those other picks? Trade 'em, pick 'em, sell 'em for "straight cash homey"Huh?

(I know the lottery is months and months away, but what else do we have to talk about? Did you want another fire McFail topic?)

I would like us to take the best player available, even if this means another power forward like Griffin. If we get him, then trade him for the next best player and get rid of a crappy contract or get another rotation player.

As far as the other picks: I think we need a true PG, athletic Wing, and true Center out of this coming draft.

I do not want anything to do with a combo guard. I want a floor leader, who makes everyone better, is not undersized, plays defense, gets to the rim, and has an outside shot.

I do not want a wing shorter than 6'6'' at the 2 or 6'8'' at the 3. He needs to be able to get a shot anytime, lockdown on d, get to the line, hit an open 3, and most importantly be clutch with a killer instinct.

I want a center who can protect the paint, rebound, run the floor, hit an open jumper, finish at the rim, and dedicate himself to defense.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 10:53:21 am »

James Harden is the SG we should want.

Hasheem Thabeet is the C we should want.

If by some miraculous way we get the #1 pick, I'd choose Blake Griffin and as you said traded down to snag Harden/Thabeet and another rotation guy. Giving up... hm, Cardinal in the process.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:17:19 pm »

You have to take Griffin. He's the only one so far that seems to be a lock to be a star and should command a mountainous return. I think Oklahoma would be willing to give a fair amount for him too.

I'd like either Harden or Thabeet with our pick then draft whoever else to fill out the team. I'd probably trade Boston's pick for some early second rounders if there's some Euros we like or a future first round pick but if we get Utah's, Miami's and ours then I'd like to draft with all of them.

But we'll see. Considering we have never got better then a 3rd overall in our entire franchise history I'm skeptical we have the luck to land the number 1 pick.

acstine
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 07:06:12 pm »

yeah, griffin's the choice.  

in any circumstance, i think a lot of teams will throw some good stuff our way to get griffin, most notable: other early draft picks.  if we pass up griffin and choose thabeet/harden/whoever else, it allows another team to pick him up when we could presumably draft griffin and trade him for a thabeet/harden and pick up a little something else sweetening the deal as well.  griffin really does seem to be the only sure thing about the incoming draft class.  u gotta take him first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: