Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Magic make offers to Trevor Ariza and Kasun (Updated)  (Read 5838 times)
Magicman76
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 29, 2006, 08:38:50 am »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/bask...home-promo

I would love to have Ariza back, he is a lot of upside, kinda reminds me of Diaw.

Looking forward to the future. Go Magic. Bring it back Cotto (28-0-23 KO)
tempo
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:47:49 am »

yeah i see what you mean, he just hasnt had sufficent minutes yet to show what he can and cant do. he has the potentail to be a good defender in this league tho.
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 02:36:57 pm »

Ah, Ariza is a good player, but hes not like Diaw. Hes not big (thick) enough to be the kind of player that Diaw is. I see him as more of a poor mans Josh Howard.

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:59:58 pm »

Quote from: "Joshua"
Ah, Ariza is a good player, but hes not like Diaw. Hes not big (thick) enough to be the kind of player that Diaw is. I see him as more of a poor mans Josh Howard.

Diaw didn't break through till this year. He wouldnt be as well rounded as Diaw but I think he could be a poor mans version which wouldn't bother me at all. Ariza is a good athlete and thats always a plus, given the chance he could become a good player for us.

tempo
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 04:55:10 am »

he could be better then the before mentioned, he needs good solid minutes to show what he can do, with out these minutes its hard to tell.
Magic 12
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 12:34:13 pm »

it would be a huge mistake not to keep Ariza. you dont find players with his athleticism and work ethic everyday. if this kid gets a jumpshot, we could be set at SF for a long time.

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 12:53:51 pm »

Quote from: "Magicman76"

Diaw didn't break through till this year. He wouldnt be as well rounded as Diaw but I think he could be a poor mans version which wouldn't bother me at all. Ariza is a good athlete and thats always a plus, given the chance he could become a good player for us.

Don't get me wrong, Ariza has loads of potential, but hes not the same kind of player as Diaw. Ariza plays shooting guard and small forward, while Diaw is more of a power forward, center combo at this point in his career. I would say that Ariza is more of a poor mans McGrady rather than a poor mans Diaw.

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 01:05:35 pm »

Don't get me wrong, Ariza has loads of potential, but hes not the same kind of player as Diaw. Ariza plays shooting guard and small forward, while Diaw is more of a power forward, center combo at this point in his career. I would say that Ariza is more of a poor mans McGrady rather than a poor mans Diaw.

Diaw and Ariza are the same height and weight, In me eyes both of them are SF, I didn't watch a lot of Phoenix games but I don't think he played C, Actually if you look at there player profile Ariza is listed as a F and Diaw a G. I just think Ariza has a lot of upside and I would like to have him back.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/trevor_ariza/index.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/boris_diaw/index.html

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 01:13:31 pm »

Diaw and Ariza are the same height and weight, In me eyes both of them are SF, I didn't watch a lot of Phoenix games but I don't think he played C, Actually if you look at there player profile Ariza is listed as a F and Diaw a G. I just think Ariza has a lot of upside and I would like to have him back.

\Don't get me wrong, Ariza has loads of potential, but hes not the same kind of player as Diaw. Ariza plays shooting guard and small forward, while Diaw is more of a power forward, center combo at this point in his career. I would say that Ariza is more of a poor mans McGrady rather than a poor mans Diaw.

So you gonna' take what NBA.com says as fact? When Diaw was drafted, yes, he was poorly casted as a guard in Atlanta. And having watched alot of Phoenix games this year, Diaw has been playing ALOT of center, and power forward for that matter. Two line ups the Suns often used where...
Diaw
Marion
Bell
Barbosa
Nash

And...

Diaw
Thomas
Marion
Bell
Nash

Both of those line ups had Diaw playing up front with Amare and Kurt Thomas hurt.

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 01:28:44 pm »

\Don't get me wrong, Ariza has loads of potential, but hes not the same kind of player as Diaw. Ariza plays shooting guard and small forward, while Diaw is more of a power forward, center combo at this point in his career. I would say that Ariza is more of a poor mans McGrady rather than a poor mans Diaw.

So you gonna' take what NBA.com says as fact? When Diaw was drafted, yes, he was poorly casted as a guard in Atlanta. And having watched alot of Phoenix games this year, Diaw has been playing ALOT of center, and power forward for that matter. Two line ups the Suns often used where...
Diaw
Marion
Bell
Barbosa
Nash

And...

Diaw
Thomas
Marion
Bell
Nash

Yeah but like you mentioned due to injuries, IMO his natural spot is SF which I think its Arizas to.

Both of those line ups had Diaw playing up front with Amare and Kurt Thomas hurt.

apkballa
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 01:51:48 pm »

I would like to see what he could if he played maybe 15-20 minutes a game.
pinoyballa
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 02:20:01 pm »

ariza is a decent defender and has no jump shot but can finish the break so the magic should keep him

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 07:56:28 pm »

Diaw
Marion
Bell
Barbosa
Nash

And...

Diaw
Thomas
Marion
Bell
Nash

Yeah but like you mentioned due to injuries, IMO his natural spot is SF which I think its Arizas to.

But I doubt that Diaw will be playing small forward because of the Suns offensive system. It allows smaller players to play in the front court.

saleem
Starter

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 09:14:15 pm »

What I like about Ariza is his athleticism and his swagger. He was willing to call Larry Brown like he saw it without being a primadonna. I think he could be an star in the league. Just needs the jumper. IMHO.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
Frenchy Orlando Magic Fan
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 08:28:04 am »

u shoud know that diaw mostly played in the paint because hi shoot is not very efficient . . .     that's how we say Huh

(i have a question for u guyz . . .)

in your mind,

basketballisticly talking, who's the best between boris diaw and tony parker Huh

i want US opinions . . .

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice . . .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: