Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Randy Foye...  (Read 1453 times)
Danimals
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: January 01, 2009, 11:18:16 pm »

What should we do with Randy Foye? He seems to be playing better at the 2, but what does that mean for the team? When Miller is back should he go back to the point? I think if we want him to be our PG then we need to not have him play the 2 at all. I think that will just slow his development at PG. If we want to draft Harden, then Foye has to play the point. Can he do it? I'm not sold on him at PG. Sometimes I think I'd rather have Telfair starting, but then again... I just don't know what we are doing. We have way too many 'tweeners starting on this team. Guys like that are great off the bench, but they lead to way too many mismatches against starters. I want Foye to be a great PG, but I haven't seen it. He would probably be great in the triangle offense. Sometimes I think he is destined to be a combo guard who comes off the bench. God, I hate losing.
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:23:07 am »

I think we should trade him. He's 25 for christ's sake. In a year or two no one will fall for the 'young and developing' label since he'll be 27. Trade him now, this season. I can see teams willing to take him on, and he (apart from Miller) is our best hope at unloading Cardinal.

What we should aim for are fat expiring contracts. If we're well under the cap by 2009, we can make trades without being worried about salaries matching (like the Bobcats dealt fro J-Rich). If Harden falls to us at SG (and if he doesn't, if we get Nick Calathes at PG, or Jrue Holiday) then we could swing a deal for the likes of Przybilla or Diop to finally have a big defensive C next to Big Al.

Foye is sadly not a PG. He gets more points and is more productive at SG, where he's a tweener.

'Poor man's Wade' ? No. Their size is a lie. Check the pre-draft measurements. Wade is 6'4.75 in shoes, Foye is 6'3.5 in shoes. 6'2.75 without. He's not much bigger than Ben Gordon = too small to play SG on a constant basis. And playing him as a PG only limits his skill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: