Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carlos Boozer?  (Read 1341 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: December 19, 2008, 08:59:55 am »

So there are talks that DET could go for him instead of a chance @ 2010, aka LBJ, CB4, etc. I DONT HOPE SO

Can the Pistons Land Boozer?
Posted: 12/19/2008 5:55:00 AM
Source: Flint Journal

Detroit might look to upgrade its roster sooner than that by pursuing Utah forward Carlos Boozer, who this week announced he would opt out of his contract and become a free agent this summer.

With the contracts of Rasheed Wallace ($13.8 million) and Allen Iverson ($21 million) coming off the Pistons' payroll this summer, Detroit will be among the teams in position to offer the 6-foot-9 all-star a long-term deal and a bump in salary over the $12.7 million he would earn next season if he were not a free agent.

LET'S GO HEAT.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 03:25:06 pm »

Boozer has stated that he would like to play for Miami. and Miami will unquestionably have the cash for him.

his kid has sickle cell anemia. I don't know if you can make a full recovery or what? not sure there. but if it was ever an issue again, the clinic his child was treated at was in Miami.

Detroit is going to have a tough time bringing someone in. they have the cash, but not necessarily the roster that looks geared for a championship. next year they'll have Stuck, Rip and Prince. not bad pieces, but I don't know how convincing that is to an allstar, where the city is one of the worst in the league, high crime rate, terrible economy and a retarded Governor that's raising taxes like crazy.
bulls4lif1
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 06:55:32 pm »

Quote from: "thetravellingpalmer"
Boozer has stated that he would like to play for Miami. and Miami will unquestionably have the cash for him.

his kid has sickle cell anemia. I don't know if you can make a full recovery or what? not sure there. but if it was ever an issue again, the clinic his child was treated at was in Miami.

Detroit is going to have a tough time bringing someone in. they have the cash, but not necessarily the roster that looks geared for a championship. next year they'll have Stuck, Rip and Prince. not bad pieces, but I don't know how convincing that is to an allstar, where the city is one of the worst in the league, high crime rate, terrible economy and a retarded Governor that's raising taxes like crazy.

I agree that the city of Detroit is awful, and with the economy bad it doesn't seem likely.  But, Detroit has a way better roster to win right now than Miami.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: