Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Love-Mayo Trade Discussion  (Read 3595 times)
mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: December 30, 2008, 01:56:15 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3450

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3449

need i say more - oh mchale youve done it again

living in some fantasy world

all he ever did was help ainge get the ring for the Cs

brandon roy says hi too

Sanity is for the weak
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 02:04:55 pm »

Write something we don't know yet.
mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 02:07:32 pm »

why dont you explain how he keeps his job

Sanity is for the weak
mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 02:10:49 pm »

and the post was really because mayo just keeps getting better and better while love's ceiling is as an austin croshere type player

Sanity is for the weak
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 03:28:08 pm »

He keeps his job because the season is already done and we are still paying 2 previous coaches.  We'll have a new coach/ GM next year.  

OJ Mayo keeps getting better and better?  If I'm correct I think his scoring has actually gone down the past couple of weeks and if he's not scoring he's not doing much else.  Love IS actually getting better and better.  I wasn't too pleased at the trade when it first happened but Love is a winner and Mayo will just be happy if he's putting up decent scoring numbers.

And czar was right, this whole Mayo-Love thing is old.

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 04:51:35 pm »

You do realise Mayo is playing over 15 minutes more then Love a night?

I agree this is getting old. This will now be the official Mayo-Love trade discussion thread. If anyone has thoughts, opinions, rants, etc about this then they will post it here. Any other threads will either be moved or locked.

Thank you

#1 n only bullfan
Star

Respect: +9

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 05:06:58 pm »

wow, just think about it.

Big Al. Roy, and mayo, and mike miller getting some passes from roy.

this would had been all you wolve fans, but it sucks i know.

good things happened, for
those that wait.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 05:22:57 pm »

Do you even know how the Wolves got Miller?  They traded Mayo for him.  So if Mayo was on our team, Miller wouldn't be (unless he came over in a seperate trade).  I can't believe this idiot is now on our thread.

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 12:33:29 am »

Quote from: "#1 n only bullfan"
wow, just think about it.

Big Al. Roy, and mayo, and mike miller getting some passes from roy.

this would had been all you wolve fans, but it sucks i know.

We traded Mayo for Love and Miller. So if I think about it my head will explode

mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 01:41:22 am »

good luck living in denial - like the whole wolves organisation

Sanity is for the weak
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 01:46:40 am »

Quote from: "mrsaturdaynight"
good luck living in denial - like the whole wolves organisation

Whose living in denial? We know McHale is horrendous. We know the basketball scheme and talent are skewed. We know the Wolves aren't very good. We know the team the Wolves could possibly possess. We know McHale wouldn't make a good personnel decision even if personally consulted to him from Jerry West and Greg Popovich.

The Wolves are terrible as an organization. The players deserve better and need a written apology from Glen Taylor and delivered with a whole gaggle of hookers who can deep throat.

RIP Madawg
#1 n only bullfan
Star

Respect: +9

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 07:45:55 am »

Quote from: "wolvesfan41"
Do you even know how the Wolves got Miller?  They traded Mayo for him.  So if Mayo was on our team, Miller wouldn't be (unless he came over in a seperate trade).  I can't believe this idiot is now on our thread.

i mean is name calling, another way of showing that you're mad about your teams moves, i mean lol it happeneds. oh, and by they way i'm just giving my opinion on how the wolves could had a nice squad, in the otherhand, i cant know everything that goes on with the wolves.

good things happened, for
those that wait.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 08:30:22 am »

And if we actually kept Roy we would never have gotten the chance on Mayo. I doubt we would be so lowly. I mean, we traded Roy when KG was still here. It's not even Jefferson+Roy, it's KG+Roy.

So, on that note, too many would have's, should have's, maybe's in this one to even talk about it.

Mayo will be a star in this league, I am aware of it. And we needed him badly.

Love is not awful by any means. If he reaches 10/10 by the end of the season I'll say ok. The problem is Miller, who is having probably the worst season of his career now with the T-Wolves. He easily makes this trade lopsided. I don't know how Mayo will continue his career. Whether he'll leave Memphis for a bigger market team or what. I know one thing: all of the blame put on kevin Love and other players is not the answer. None of the guys on this roster have been put in a good position by the front office and coaching staff.

Al Jefferson is playing out of position. Randy Foye is playing out of position (not lately, and that's why he's lighting it up). Kevin Love is getting robbed of precious PT by the likes of Cardinal. Telfair's minutes are up and down (Ollie, lol), Gomes still doesn't know if he'll play SF or PF the next day, they can't teach Brewer and Telfair to shoot 40% from the field, Carney's minutes are a rollercoaster... I could go on.

McHale needs to go and I am confident he will leave this team after this season. I am resisting the urge of demanding the heads of Hoiberg and Stack too, let's give them a chance at running things.

James Harden here we come.
themadkiwi
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 10:33:24 am »

Stop talking about trading Roy. The Wolves didn't trade Roy, because Portland would never have moved for Boston's pick (which they used to get Roy) without already having the swap for Foye in place.
acstine
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 03:14:20 pm »

in reference to the love-mayo deal: mayo seems far too similar to allen iverson/stephon marbury.  look wat those guys have done in the league.  of course i can only project wat mayos future is going to look like, but i see him as a star, but not a champion.  love is a great piece to a championship team.  its silly to even talk about a championship...but its like saying ur not going to graduate when ur in school.  wats the point in trying if the goals not there.  i can see love as a championship piece, mayo...not so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: