Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who can the bulls get for kirk????  (Read 2544 times)
#1 n only bullfan
Star

« on: January 07, 2009, 01:37:39 pm »

when i was watching some of the bulls game last night. Paxson was being interview by an anylist, and the anylist asked Paxson if there was any trades on the table for the bulls. Paxson then answer with, that they have alot of guards, and they are waiting on Kirk, does this mean kirk is on his way out? or someone else. Me personally kirk is good talent, for him to come off the bench, or are the bulls going to bench gordon and have kirk start after the way rose, and gordon have played together.

i have also read on hoopsworld.com that the bulls were talking to the kings earlier this season, and were intersted in spencer hawes, then miller. but now i'm hearing that, that can change now. so i'm wondering if kirk is headed to sacramento for miller? i hope not

so what do ya'll think???

good things happened, for
those that wait.
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:40:15 pm »

He could also have meant that he's waiting for Kirk to come back before making a deal. If he traded Gordon he'd want Kirk back to inherit the starting role. Hughes potentially too.

But yeah, Hinrich seems like the most movable one.

Sig by bbyao06
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:41:40 pm »

he's coming back from injury its not like he's gonna get thrown into the starting 5 right away. there's no problems with him being on the bench u cant have too much depth at the point while trying to make a playoff push. Kirk is an upgrade over Hunter right now.

If they feel they should move kirk to address other areas then it wouldnt be such a bad idea either. But one things for sure, Sacramento wont be moving Hawes for Kirk.

#1 n only bullfan
Star

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 01:47:36 pm »

Quote from: "JR Smith"
he's coming back from injury its not like he's gonna get thrown into the starting 5 right away. there's no problems with him being on the bench u cant have too much depth at the point while trying to make a playoff push. Kirk is an upgrade over Hunter right now.

If they feel they should move kirk to address other areas then it wouldnt be such a bad idea either. But one things for sure, Sacramento wont be moving Hawes for Kirk.

well why not? i mean kirk is talent to have him on the reserves for kirk.

meaning he is a good piece to get us someone good, as a center. or a big pf.

yeah moving gordon, makes alor more sense, because the bulls will not sign him big, and is not workth more then 40 mill for 5 years. but again he has the right to decline any trade that is being offered. so again it will leave kirk, hughes, and gooden to be the pieces to moveds when he comes back. paxson also looked real positive on this, how good can we get before feb 19?

those that wait.
ChettheJet
Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 02:00:40 pm »

Paxson meant that when Kirk is healthy enough to play they would have too many guards and someone would have to be traded. You're free to read into that anyone you want. I don't think Paxson will trade Hinrich a captain to dump his salary just for a contract, if he were to play well for another team it would look like a bad trade. Hughes on the other hand is complaining to the press about minutes and not doing all that much when he's in there so it's not as big a deal to just get rid of him. To me they have to get a contributor in return for Kirk, Hughes, who cares just so the guy isn't a negative to the locker room he's an improvement.

You also need to listen when they say Paxson and everyone else says they need to play much better defense. Do you think that means Ben Gordon for example suddenly turns on the switch and becomes a very good defender? If you think so then explain why he hasn't done it, EVER.
People keep saying that Gordon is playing so well next to Rose. When you watch the Bulls offense Gordon doesn't get the majority of his points or shots off feeds from Rose, he takes the ball at the top of the key and goes one on one. You would have to be on the coaching staff or a real stat geek to know or where to find out but I would guess very few of Derrick's assists come from Gordon's baskets.

My guess is that when Hinrich can play, he will start with Rose, Gordon will go back to the sixth man, Sefelosha as the fourth guard, Hughes will be traded, Hunter will be inactive. They should defend better early in the first quarter, the offense should move the ball better with basically two point guards together and Hinrich should be able to adjust to getting to an open spot to get a pass from a driving Rose.
#1 n only bullfan
Star

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 02:27:36 pm »

Quote from: "ChettheJet"
Paxson meant that when Kirk is healthy enough to play they would have too many guards and someone would have to be traded. You're free to read into that anyone you want. I don't think Paxson will trade Hinrich a captain to dump his salary just for a contract, if he were to play well for another team it would look like a bad trade. Hughes on the other hand is complaining to the press about minutes and not doing all that much when he's in there so it's not as big a deal to just get rid of him. To me they have to get a contributor in return for Kirk, Hughes, who cares just so the guy isn't a negative to the locker room he's an improvement.

You also need to listen when they say Paxson and everyone else says they need to play much better defense. Do you think that means Ben Gordon for example suddenly turns on the switch and becomes a very good defender? If you think so then explain why he hasn't done it, EVER.
People keep saying that Gordon is playing so well next to Rose. When you watch the Bulls offense Gordon doesn't get the majority of his points or shots off feeds from Rose, he takes the ball at the top of the key and goes one on one. You would have to be on the coaching staff or a real stat geek to know or where to find out but I would guess very few of Derrick's assists come from Gordon's baskets.

My guess is that when Hinrich can play, he will start with Rose, Gordon will go back to the sixth man, Sefelosha as the fourth guard, Hughes will be traded, Hunter will be inactive. They should defend better early in the first quarter, the offense should move the ball better with basically two point guards together and Hinrich should be able to adjust to getting to an open spot to get a pass from a driving Rose.

well it makes sense, but trades are trades, and you never know. but yes im not saying that he will be move, but it looks that way. will see, but for right now. we are waiting on him and his progress, can he bounce back from what happened last season, i hope so.

those that wait.
GMJames
Star

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:37:44 am »

If Kirk Hinrich was being paid like 4 or 5 million a season then he would be a great back-up. But he is getting almost double that. If the Bulls offered Ben Gordon a huge deal this summer (which they won't) he can still say "No". He has all the chips on his side of the table. He likes being a Bull now because he is free to shot away and run his scoring avg. up. But the Bulls ain't gonna give him what he wants and rightley so. He plays little defense, doesn't pass often and is 5'11" playing a position where he needs to be at least 6'5". I don't care that they list him at 6'3". Just watch next time he stands next to Derrick Rose and tell me he is 6'3". I have said this before and here it goes again. Either live with Gordon for one season and watching him leave to another team or reduce his playing time to where his stats suffer. Then he will cry to the media and ask for a trade. Save a Kirk Hinrich trade for Draft night.

#1 n only bullfan
Star

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:52:36 am »

Quote from: "GMJames"
If Kirk Hinrich was being paid like 4 or 5 million a season then he would be a great back-up. But he is getting almost double that. If the Bulls offered Ben Gordon a huge deal this summer (which they won't) he can still say "No". He has all the chips on his side of the table. He likes being a Bull now because he is free to shot away and run his scoring avg. up. But the Bulls ain't gonna give him what he wants and rightley so. He plays little defense, doesn't pass often and is 5'11" playing a position where he needs to be at least 6'5". I don't care that they list him at 6'3". Just watch next time he stands next to Derrick Rose and tell me he is 6'3". I have said this before and here it goes again. Either live with Gordon for one season and watching him leave to another team or reduce his playing time to where his stats suffer. Then he will cry to the media and ask for a trade. Save a Kirk Hinrich trade for Draft night.

yeah, this sounds decent. sometimes i just think into letting this season play out, with who ever is there. my goal is that the bulls get to the top. i just hope that we do not become that celtic team, that won there 17 title after 22 season, we already going on 11, wow! but here, i'm never going to change my red n black, that's for sure.

those that wait.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: