Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
 
Author Topic: whos waiting in line for a PS3?  (Read 5674 times)
AK-47
Guest
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 09:56:41 pm »

The Wii gimmick will wear off on people after a while
Logged
faberg2008
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 393



« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 10:02:02 pm »

Quote from: "cselby"
Quote from: "blue_dude"
Dude the Wii and 360 is where its at. PS3 is BS who the ***** is gonna pay that much money? 360 and Wii have so much better games and they have future games that they hype that people look forward to. What great new games is PS3 coming out with? Crash Bandicoot 7?? The only thing I can think of is maybe FF or another MGS game.



First of all, Crash Bandicoot is the man. Second of all, although the price is more appealing, I certainly believe that the Wii will not be as good as the PS3 and the X-Box 360 didn't impress me that much. As for Wii, wtf is up with that controller, thats going to be so awkward. But everyone has their opinions, for me, i'm sticking with my PS2.





The point is that the majority of the people for right now will go to Wii and 360.  $600 system is a bit too much. Oh, PS2 fans love the games that the PS3 has to offer, but most aren't willing to spend that much money on a console. No the Wii wont stand out graphically up to PS3, but lets get realistic here. $250 for a Next gen system will sell lots.
Logged


IceMan23and3
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 775



« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 11:14:40 pm »

Well, if they delay it again, then it's pretty much over for them in the console market!  XBox is converting droves of PS2 people because it's way better than PS2 and is available to buy!  

Though it is going to have a Blu Ray DVD player in it
Logged

legenderypete
Guest
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 07:27:06 am »

Quote from: "IceMan23and3"
Well, if they delay it again, then it's pretty much over for them in the console market!  XBox is converting droves of PS2 people because it's way better than PS2 and is available to buy!  

Though it is going to have a Blu Ray DVD player in it


blu-ray sucksjust after christmas the The Maxell holographic comes out and is much better than blu-ray and hd-dvd)

ps3 costs around 300£ in england and i rather by a pc  Smiley , i bought my xbox360 when they first came out in england for £230($460) and sold it on ebay for 700(1400) people just spend so much on there kids and crap they would pay anythin for it.
Logged
cruzER
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1115



« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 08:26:16 am »

Quote from: "cselby"
Quote from: "blue_dude"
Dude the Wii and 360 is where its at. PS3 is BS who the ***** is gonna pay that much money? 360 and Wii have so much better games and they have future games that they hype that people look forward to. What great new games is PS3 coming out with? Crash Bandicoot 7?? The only thing I can think of is maybe FF or another MGS game.



First of all, Crash Bandicoot is the man. Second of all, although the price is more appealing, I certainly believe that the Wii will not be as good as the PS3 and the X-Box 360 didn't impress me that much. As for Wii, wtf is up with that controller, thats going to be so awkward. But everyone has their opinions, for me, i'm sticking with my PS2.


the wii comes with a remote and a controller
Logged
AK-47
Guest
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:12 am »

I can’t wait until everyone that gets brought in with the Wii gimmick wants their money back. It will get stale and repetitive quick, not to mention at this stage it looks like the graphics capable on the Wii are Gamecube quality, which is nothing for the next generation and incredibly disappointing.

I mean, sure, the Wii early on will be very unique, but after a while, it will become tiresome. Red Steel looks cool, but having seen previews for it, it certainly looks like it doesn’t play well.
Logged
blue_dude
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 713



« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 10:42:23 am »

I really don't care about having marginally better graphics. Xbox graphics are fine for me (though 360 really does have much better graphics) its more about the gameplay. Look at KOTOR, that didn't have mindblowing graphics but it was an amzing game.
Logged

Your time will come..........
SKY
MVP
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 7132

三小?


« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 06:49:27 pm »

PS3 commercials made things quite appealing.
Logged
lakerfanryan8
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 935



« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 07:31:33 pm »

Quote from: faberg2008
Quote from: cselby
Quote from: "blue_dude"
Dude the Wii and 360 is where its at. PS3 is BS who the ***** is gonna pay that much money? 360 and Wii have so much better games and they have future games that they hype that people look forward to. What great new games is PS3 coming out with? Crash Bandicoot 7?? The only thing I can think of is maybe FF or another MGS game.



The 360 was just as much!
Logged

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

AK-47
Guest
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 09:25:09 pm »

Quote from: "blue_dude"
I really don't care about having marginally better graphics. Xbox graphics are fine for me (though 360 really does have much better graphics) its more about the gameplay. Look at KOTOR, that didn't have mindblowing graphics but it was an amzing game.

I’m like you. Give me a game that has so and so graphics but brilliant gameplay and I won’t have any hassles. Give me a game with brilliant graphics and so and so gameplay, I won’t play it. No use in buying a car that looks good but runs like crap.

Everyday causal gamers do not think like this though. If it is pretty, it is good. For a next generation console, competing with both the PS3 and 360, the graphics fall way short and are very underwhelming. The novelty of the controller will wear off over time, thus leaving a lot of disgruntled purchasers. I mean how many people really liked playing with a light gun back in the day? C’mon, it was cool for fifteen minutes.
Logged
legenderypete
Guest
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 04:52:16 am »

the best selling console now probably still be best sellin when the ps3 comes out the DS lol
Logged
td21
All-Star
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 3113


« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 03:56:37 pm »

nobody in their right mine would stand in a long line and pay that much money.
Logged
Arenas0
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 340


WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 09:04:37 pm »

ahah, did you guys see Barkley get one from Kobe.

Classic.
Logged

faberg2008
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 393



« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 10:25:57 pm »

Quote from: "Arenas0"
ahah, did you guys see Barkley get one from Kobe.

Classic.



Yea, id you see his eyes. They had quite a few of those PS3's.  lol Kenny Smith said he selling his on Ebay :lol:
Logged


Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
 
 
Jump to: