Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Suggestions to all GM's on how to properly vote GM game 6.0"  (Read 2293 times)
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

"time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"

« on: January 27, 2009, 04:34:38 am »

Without much further adoo, I would like to go directly straight to my point. In my own point of view in voting per say fellow GM's, it would be better if we view every match-ups as both teams on their perfect game coz the probablity of GM's way of thinking on the outcome of the game will almost be the same. So it is easy for all voting GM's to vote since faulty circumstances were already ommited.

For example, basing on the real Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavaliers. As we all know, Cavs in reality is undefeated on their homecourt although in the contrary Magic is the best road game records. Now if Magic and Cavs is playing at their very best on all quarters from their franchise players,starters down to their respective role players,coaching staffs who do you think will win the game that all factors being said!?!

I know my way of thinking on GM Game per say compare to the pioneering of this game such as dalebrambo, beastleyboulevard, ryecyd, etc. is like comparing apples from oranges*cannot be compared*, I hope this type of strategy in voting will be acknowledge by our fellow GM voties who deserves the big W down the stretch despite of both teams having their perfect game.

I just want to clarify myself, I'm not repremanding but more on suggesting for a better voting. thanks Cool
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:36:50 am by beasley30 » Logged

Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:09:29 am »

thanks for the advice i will try and use it !

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:25:06 am »

whats the point of playing if we will base results on what will happen in real life?

dude, we tried simming (for the sake of underdogs winning) and it didnt work. i just ruined the orlando magic team in 5.0 to get guys who do well in sim

just do voting

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

"time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:07:39 am »

whats the point of playing if we will base results on what will happen in real life?

dude, we tried simming (for the sake of underdogs winning) and it didnt work. i just ruined the orlando magic team in 5.0 to get guys who do well in sim

just do voting

Sorry to say man but I think you overanalyzed my point. What I'm trying to say is, when voting our thought must be that every player plays at their perfect performance. For example Dwyane Wade, as we all he is one of the best player in the league right now but on the contrary he is prone to turnovers coz he is erratic sometimes. In relation to my point, we will exclude Wade's poor performance as erratic type of player in every game he will undergone in GM game 6.0 so that in every voting, we can assess how good GM have build their lineup. In short, everyday team match ups, all players in each respective team is having perfect performance.

joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:37:33 pm »

I did pick the Magic over the Cavs yesterday.....I know, I am a genius.  But teh game was in Orlando and the Cavs are a mediocre team on the road really.....

Nice post Beasley.  People should vote on many variables and aspects, but like you said, act like the team/players are all at full health and full strength playing a great game.  So it's just comparing the matchups and which one's you think would be more dominant.

EX:  Cavs @ Magic

Jameer=MoWill
West=Pietrus
Lebron>>Hedo
Wallace<Shard
BigZ<<Howard

then I add another "<" for Orlando because the Cavs suck on the road(game is in Orlando)....

That totals "<<" referring to Cavs<< Orlando.....for this matchup.

This is just how I quickly do my voting, but of course I am still messing around with it.  I Think adding another variable or "<" or two for the bench could help things out as well.

But that is how I came up with choosing Orlando over the Cavs(in real life yesterday, with no West/BigZ though, making the Howard matchup even better for him).  Just a thought.....

Dr.J
Star

The Mecca

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:42:21 pm »

I did pick the Magic over the Cavs yesterday.....I know, I am a genius.  But teh game was in Orlando and the Cavs are a mediocre team on the road really.....

Nice post Beasley.  People should vote on many variables and aspects, but like you said, act like the team/players are all at full health and full strength playing a great game.  So it's just comparing the matchups and which one's you think would be more dominant.

EX:  Cavs @ Magic

Jameer=MoWill
West=Pietrus
Lebron>>Hedo
Wallace<Shard
BigZ<<Howard

then I add another "<" for Orlando because the Cavs suck on the road(game is in Orlando)....

That totals "<<" referring to Cavs<< Orlando.....for this matchup.

This is just how I quickly do my voting, but of course I am still messing around with it.  I Think adding another variable or "<" or two for the bench could help things out as well.

But that is how I came up with choosing Orlando over the Cavs(in real life yesterday, with no West/BigZ though, making the Howard matchup even better for him).  Just a thought.....
i like that i think bench is worth more than one ">" though but its a good idea

chellis
MVP

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 07:59:12 pm »

I say people should vote before they go through and see what people wrote and then make comments.  It can at least reduce people from targeting a GM if they vote against their team.  I don't know, just my two cents.  That's what I try to do.

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 09:00:48 pm »

Hopefully you vote me, the Raptors. Please!

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: