Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeper league trade advice  (Read 2274 times)
Aceforever
Undrafted

« on: January 29, 2009, 09:36:32 am »

So I'm in a keeper league which attempts to mirror the NBA as much as possible. We have salaries for each player and a 70 mil cap etc. Every year you own a player their salary moves up 1 mil unless they are on a rookie contract. So here is the dilemma. I have Russell Westbrook on an R1 contract which means that for this year and 3 more he stays at his 3.1 mil salary while other players move up in salary every year. How much value do I put on him? I was offered an 8.1 mil Brandon Roy straight up. Problem is, stats wise I gain a little bit of points and %'s and lose a little spg and very minimal increases elswhere and it costs me 5 mil this year, 6 next, 8 the year after and 10 the year after that. Now what are the odds I keep him that long but if I do, 10 mil difference between them is huge.

So the question is, how valuable is Westbrook in my current game?

advice?
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:52:54 am »

take roy over westbrook

Aceforever
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:55:10 am »

even though the salary structure is what it is? 5 mil in a 70 mil league is alot. when we have 16 men on a roster and dress 12 of them, why take Roy and his minimal extra goodies at the cost of cap flexibility? That extra 5 mil this year and 10 by the end fo Westy's contract will allow me to do so much with my squad.
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 12:10:03 pm »

well, if you really want to maintain flexibility then Westbrook would be the better choice

Dr.J
Star

The Mecca

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 12:40:00 pm »

i think you'll be better off keeping westbrook
roy isnt worth twice of what westbrook gets

Aceforever
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:03 pm »

so back to the question at hand then, what value do I place on him. What player straight up is worth it? Obvioussly he's worth less than Rose or Mayo since they are on the same rookie contracts but any other rookie is worth less. All other players of significance will cost substantially more but what kind of player am I looking at for fair value?

For example, Granger is 6.8 mil. I'd take him straight I assume right?
grand master nba
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 01:25:56 pm »

I'd keep Westbrook over Roy.

He's just scratching the surface now, and in a couple years, both players' production might be very similar.

He's 21, and hasn't had the injuries that Roy has had.

Why are you looking to trade a top 5 rookie anyway? Keep the flexibility!
Aceforever
Undrafted

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »

I'm not looking to move him but I have alot of offers for him and I am a serious contender to win. All that and I have Augustin and Thompson to build with on rookies deals as well so I do have some flexibility.

I think I have my answer though guys, thanks. He has some solid value and unless I am blown away I should stick. It was my feeling as well but I did want to double check with others on it.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 08:59:19 pm »

well, if you really want to maintain flexibility then Westbrook would be the better choice

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: