Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: opinions needed  (Read 1898 times)
grand master nba
Journeyman

« on: January 30, 2009, 01:23:03 pm »

Hey guys,

I'm part of a deep, 20 team dynasty league. We start 8 players every day in a head to head format - PG, SG, SF, PF, C, f, G, F/C. Pts, Rebs, ***'s, Blk, Stl, To.

There is a newly owned team who wants to rebuild aggressively, and I've been looking for vets who can produce for ages...

We started talking and agreed upon:

Vince Carter

for

B. Wright, Marco Bellineli and a FA draft (we keep 10, drop 5) pick this offseason.

The league members are up in arms, claiming Carter's value far exceeds that of the offer.

My argument is that on a per minute basis, and using tools such as PER, Wright is an Excellent prospect with a good situation in GS (What PF do they have?; How long will Nellie be there to screw things up?).

I'd like to hear your opinions, and again, remember this is a Dynasty league and that he was rebuilding.

Thanks!

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:25:27 pm »

That sounds like a pretty lopsided deal to me. Rookies rarely contribute very well in fantasy leagues, so I think you're overvaluing that pick.

Sig by bbyao06
grand master nba
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:28:38 pm »

That sounds like a pretty lopsided deal to me. Rookies rarely contribute very well in fantasy leagues, so I think you're overvaluing that pick.

FA draft pick. Each team can keep up to ten but usually keep 7-8. A lot of vets get dropped off, and are available to be drafted in the FA draft.

He will have a top 10 FA draft pick to that end.

B Wright had a PER of  17 last year and 19 this year. Carter is at 19.

Pure production wise yes, it's not fair, but considering both team's needs and wants, would you not concede it's pretty close?
Dr.J
Star

The Mecca

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:30:52 pm »

zander confused me kind of  Huh
are you the one getting carter ? because thats how i understood it
the other guy is rebuilding and you wanna add a vet
if so its a great deal for you
since every team can keep supposedly their ten best players you wouldnt be able
to get someone like carter thru the draft

grand master nba
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:34:34 pm »

Oh um, I'm the team giving up Wright etc and getting Carter.

Zander is just a bystander.

The other guy is on espn somewhere lol

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 01:50:24 pm »

I thought the draft would be a rookie draft. If it's a dispersal draft the pick might make the trade kind of even. I'd still have to say the side getting Carter is going to be better off though.

Sig by bbyao06
Dr.J
Star

The Mecca

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 01:57:28 pm »

I thought the draft would be a rookie draft. If it's a dispersal draft the pick might make the trade kind of even. I'd still have to say the side getting Carter is going to be better off though.

agreed

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: