Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: !!!Eddy Cury is still a Legit Center!!!  (Read 4614 times)
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

"time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"

« on: January 31, 2009, 05:48:22 pm »

Sorry for this post fellow GM's. I just want you to know why Curry is still a legit Center.

Curry still have his game. Coach Diantoni made him look a below average Center coz Curry he did not include him in NY's rotation. He thinks Curry cannot play his running type of offense but mind him Curry can despite of this huge body. Moreover FYI, Curry had his best season in New York 06-07 season throughout his career since drafted by the Bulls, when Isiah Thomas used him as the go to guy in his team. Here's his stats in 2006-07 season:
Game Started -----------81 games
Minutes Played ----------35.2 minutes/game
Field Goal %-------------.576%
3 point %---------------1.000% (note: he is 3/3 in 3pt shot nba all time leader in 3pt % Grin)
Points per game---------19.5 ppg
Rebounds per game------7.0 rpg
Steal per game----------0.4 spg
Blocks per game---------0.5 bpg
As we all know he is 100% recovered with his previous injury he incur in 06-07 season and only played 51 games in. His stats was still impressive despite playing with injury in 07-08 garnering 13ppg/5rpg in 52 games.
Moreover he is only 26 years old, vast horizon for improvement and with a freaking wingspan of 7 foot 6 inches. I think if he will only get 35 plus minutes which I will give him in LA, he will be as dominating in 06-07 season.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:50:20 pm »

He's a poor defender, a poor rebounder, and generally unmotivated a lot of the time.

What I'm saying is I disagree with the use of the word "still" because it implies he used to be. He had the potential to be one but he never got there.

Sig by bbyao06
sparklespice
Star

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 05:53:59 pm »

ever heard of the curry line? lol. just look at his turnovers compared to his blocks assists and steals.

Pure intention juxtaposed
Will set two lovers' souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes
Testing our communication
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:58:36 pm »

He's a poor defender, a poor rebounder, and generally unmotivated a lot of the time.

What I'm saying is I disagree with the use of the word "still" because it implies he used to be. He had the potential to be one but he never got there.

Still coz look at his stats in 06-07 season and his career stats. If your not a legit player, how can you average 19ppg/7rpg.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 06:01:09 pm »

Still coz look at his stats in 06-07 season and his career stats. If your not a legit player, how can you average 19ppg/7rpg.

He can score, but he's a liability everywhere else and most coaches don't like to play that kind of player. You'd have to be pretty desperate for scoring to play Curry that much.

Sig by bbyao06
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 06:02:31 pm »

ever heard of the curry line? lol. just look at his turnovers compared to his blocks assists and steals.

yeah your just saying like wade prone to turnovers. you know why both these guys commit such, coz they are the go to guy. Cool

rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 06:07:38 pm »

He can score, but he's a liability everywhere else and most coaches don't like to play that kind of player. You'd have to be pretty desperate for scoring to play Curry that much.

That is why he really fits in LA coz Phil Jackson is very good in PSYCHOLOGY per say. Look at Rodman, how Phil Jackson made him a team player in Chicago. Also how he change Kobe from egocentric/selfish player to become a team player. If motivation lacks Curry, Phil is the right person to change that.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:51:02 pm »

beasley30 im with you. curry is still legit. if ppl are still talkin about Brand even tho he was injured then received 13 mil. Curry gets injured and hes absolutely crapped on.

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 07:19:54 pm »

I have a quote for ya.

"Yesterday is History, Tommorow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift, so that's why it's called Present."

Remember what you've said in your sig space?

Yesterday is history, sure, he can still put up good stats, but wont be that amusing as the past.

LET'S GO HEAT.
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 08:24:26 pm »

beasley30 im with you. curry is still legit. if ppl are still talkin about Brand even tho he was injured then received 13 mil. Curry gets injured and hes absolutely crapped on.

thanks man. Cool Many NBA players in the league right now such as Stephon Marburry, Michael Beasley, Eddy Curry, Elton Brand, Wally Szcherbiak, etc. are "junked out" and even called "cancer on the team", "overrated 2nd pick", "ineffeciency", so on and so fort in fact most of these guys haven't given an oppurtunity to redeem themselves by giving them quality minutes. It is just unfair for people to simply judge them easily. As teaching goes, A single dot on a clean white paper will be more noticeable compared to the whole white paper.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 08:53:31 pm »

sp it appears that you love curry!!! keep him then Smiley

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 08:56:41 pm »

Curry is still crap though.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 09:47:58 pm »

Curry is still crap though.

Your right Curry is a crap in the knicks because Coach D didn't give him a chance to play balls and also Stephon as Isiah did to them. Prospect wise, he is 6 foot 11 inches same as Shaq's body built but has a slight advantage in terms of wingspan 7'6" compare to Shaq's 7'4"; Same as Shaq who has body control despite of being big; Same as Shaq who can shoot the ball in traffic and has tremendous hand stability that can maintain coordination when shooting inside the shaded area despite of body contacts, most of all Eddie is only 26 years old and have lots of room for improvement if only handled by a great coach like Phil Jackson that will give him quality minutes and intervene his ethics through Psychological approach.

sparklespice
Star

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 10:13:48 pm »

The difference between Dwayne Wadse and Eddy curry is that Eddy curry turns it over just as much as dwanye wade now but Eddy curry had nothing to off balance it. He is absoulutely terrible just god awful on defense, he doesnt block, he doesnt steal, he cant pass, he is a sub par rebounder for a person of his size and he is a pretty good scorer. BUt when the two biggest stats that pop out at you are scoring and turnovers you can see that he is a pretty one dimensional player. And pretty bad player as well

Pure intention juxtaposed
Will set two lovers' souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes
Testing our communication
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 11:12:54 pm »

The difference between Dwayne Wadse and Eddy curry is that Eddy curry turns it over just as much as dwanye wade now but Eddy curry had nothing to off balance it. He is absoulutely terrible just god awful on defense, he doesnt block, he doesnt steal, he cant pass, he is a sub par rebounder for a person of his size and he is a pretty good scorer. BUt when the two biggest stats that pop out at you are scoring and turnovers you can see that he is a pretty one dimensional player. And pretty bad player as well

Yes your right if we base 06-07 Curry turnover stats to Wade turnover career stats. Moreover, I rarely see Curry off balanced even though his weight and height proportion isn't balanced.lol How can you say he is terrible on defense which in fact he is the starting Center of a defensive team run by a defensive mind type of coach, Isiah. Sub par rebounder!?! Look at Ben now in Cleveland, looking at his rebound stats @ 6.7 compare to Curry's 7.0, does this mean Wallace is not a good rebounder hence you quoted Curry as "sub par rebounder"? I don't think so. As far as passing is concern, Curry is not a very good passing Center but not as bad also. In relation to Lakers triangle offense, I have Pau who is a very good passer that can compensate Eddy's passing abilities. All Curry need to do in LA is used his body to clog-up the shaded area and be a low post threat since that is his forte ever since.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: