Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: !!!How we must view a Power Ranking Team!!!  (Read 6483 times)
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

"time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"

« on: February 01, 2009, 11:11:43 pm »

Fellow GM's! I'm very sorry if this post might offend my fellow GM's but as I observe most fellow GM's focused solely on players. They see it as a team with powerful players gets the higher ranking. Which in fact it is vague to renounce a power ranking team because all members of a team must collaborate and blend with each other from it's respective players down to the coaching staffs, chemistry per say, etc.

Like for an instance NY team, do you think Coach D'Antoni's system that focused mainly on offense will blend to Duncan, Ginobili, Wallace, Billups and Hamilton which in fact these players become legit because they were run by Coach Larry Brown and Greg Popovich on a defesive concept!?! Look what happened to the Pistons after they changed their coaching staff from Larry Brown to Flip Saunders. They still have their legit players such as Big Ben, Sheed, Rip, Billups, etc. but what happened. My point is it doesn't necessarily mean if your team might have the most championship experienced players, it will make you the best team coz these championship calliber players must have the right Coaching staffs.

Also, stacking up superstars in one team like Dallas. In my own POV, those starters are almost similar as US Dream Team but does this mean they are the high ranking team. Look at Houston Rockets run by Rudy Tomjanovich, they stack up Barkley, Pippen and Drexler on one team. Did they accomplished their goals? Moreover, how about LA Lakers when they gather Karl Malone, Shaquille, Gary Payton, Kobe, etc on one team. Did that team finished business and get the ultimate goal?
Furthermore the best example I can give is Team USA against Greece in 2004 Summer Olympics. Look at US team how powerful their players are, Tim Duncan, Lebron, Melo, Wade, Stoudemire, Iverson, etc. and coached by Larry Brown compare to Greece team, Papaloukas, Spanoulis, Tsartsaris, etc. coached by Giannakis. If you view them one by one, Larry Brown have the coaching advantage compare to Giannakis as well as Timmy, Lebron, Melo, Wade compared to Papaloukas, Spanoulis, Tsartsaris players per say but why did Team USA badly beaten on their matchup!?! It is because they have better chemistry from players down to coaching staffs. If you have seen that game, Greece didn't won because of US team misfortunes but it was undeniably that Greece was the better team.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 11:19:23 pm »

You aren't actually marking me down because the NY coach is D'Antoni are you? We're not using coaches. We assume everyone has a coach that would run a style that would make sense. Obviously my team is using a Larry Brown/Popovich/McMillian/Jerry Sloan or even a Scott Skiles system.

But yeah, I hope people are factoring in chemistry a little. Otherwise Dallas is going to win EVERY game instead of just 95% of them.

Sig by bbyao06
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:29:48 am »

Also look at Defense guys!

IF you have Howard vs. Camby/Shaq/Chandler, don't just assume the team wins cause they have Howard. Camby, Shaq, and Chandler can contain Howard. Just look at the matchups carefully.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:32:00 am »

IF you have Howard vs. Camby/Shaq/Chandler, don't just assume the team wins cause they have Howard. Camby, Shaq, and Chandler can contain Howard. Just look at the matchups carefully.

Got that Rye? You need to trade for Camby and Shaq so no one will have anyone good enough to guard Dwight Howard.

Sig by bbyao06
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:48 am »

Yeah factoring coaches in the voting system is a no-no.

We just do it for fun.

But I agree on your other aspects tho.

LET'S GO HEAT.
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:17:59 am »

You aren't actually marking me down because the NY coach is D'Antoni are you? We're not using coaches. We assume everyone has a coach that would run a style that would make sense. Obviously my team is using a Larry Brown/Popovich/McMillian/Jerry Sloan or even a Scott Skiles system.

But yeah, I hope people are factoring in chemistry a little. Otherwise Dallas is going to win EVERY game instead of just 95% of them.

Just as I thought! You are indeed a broad minded individual. You're right, I'm just telling facts and it is not my intention to mark you down or any other GM's. If coaching staff is not a factor in voting, I guess your team is impressive.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 11:17:11 am »

oops that lessens my problemss coz i also have chandler.. sadly may people here underrate him

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
joshfarc
MVP

aka ThreadKILLA'

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 02:24:45 pm »

Did you just say Shaq and Chandler are on the same level at blocking shots as Camby?

And BTW: Camby is garbage at containing Howard.  When the Clippers played the Magic earlier this season they had Z-Bo on Howard so Camby could do the only thing he's good at: come from the weak-side and try to block shots.

I get your point though Mo....and it's a great point.  Defensive match-ups are a big part of who is going to win games, and can determine whether a stud like Kobe puts up 20points on 8/22 shooting or whether he puts up 35 on 14/20 shooting.  Just have to think a little bit, that's all.

rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:52:04 pm »

oops that lessens my problemss coz i also have chandler.. sadly may people here underrate him

I agree Chandler can defend well compare to Shaq and Camby coz he has strength and athleticism to mark down legit Centers like Duncan, Yao, Dwight, etc. Unlike Shaq "who lacks athleticism and lateral defensive movement" and Camby "who lacks strength in terms of guarding Dwight, Duncan, etc."

RIP ER7trey
a.k.a. iBall EST & iHU$$LE EST & ER7-Trey folife
MVP

where Facial Hair happens...

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 07:04:08 pm »

lol yeah chem and playing style but no way coaches come in dunleavy hates the run and gun but i like ny's chem thats y i think they the best in the league as my opinion

sig by bbyao06
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 02:43:24 pm »

Did you just say Shaq and Chandler are on the same level at blocking shots as Camby?

And BTW: Camby is garbage at containing Howard.  When the Clippers played the Magic earlier this season they had Z-Bo on Howard so Camby could do the only thing he's good at: come from the weak-side and try to block shots.

I get your point though Mo....and it's a great point.  Defensive match-ups are a big part of who is going to win games, and can determine whether a stud like Kobe puts up 20points on 8/22 shooting or whether he puts up 35 on 14/20 shooting.  Just have to think a little bit, that's all.

No, Camby is the best shot blocker out of them lol?

Yeah, Camby is a great help defender but than guys like JO, who are good interior defenders can cause Howard trouble. Glad you got my point, just saying defensive matchups are key in this league.

MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 02:45:17 pm »

I agree Chandler can defend well compare to Shaq and Camby coz he has strength and athleticism to mark down legit Centers like Duncan, Yao, Dwight, etc. Unlike Shaq "who lacks athleticism and lateral defensive movement" and Camby "who lacks strength in terms of guarding Dwight, Duncan, etc."

Rye, there is still a lot of players that can cause Howard trouble. Bargnani, on my team, has actually caused howard trouble, Bargnani is a much improved defender. I also have Dalembert who is a good interior defender. There are tons of good interior defenders, just saying.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 07:58:53 am »

Rye, there is still a lot of players that can cause Howard trouble. Bargnani, on my team, has actually caused howard trouble, Bargnani is a much improved defender. I also have Dalembert who is a good interior defender. There are tons of good interior defenders, just saying.

wow you seriously took my statement. it was a joke obviously, it was a response to zander's post, lol trade for camby/shaq...
okay, granted that a team has someone to take d12.. who can guard bosh? who can guard cp3? who can guard iggy who is also a good scorer? i guess the defense applies to other teams.. and my team can also defend, cp3 steals, d12 blocks and iggy has decent D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:30:30 am by ryecyd » Logged

he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 09:52:18 am »

wow you seriously took my statement. it was a joke obviously, it was a response to zander's post, lol trade for camby/shaq...
okay, granted that a team has someone to take d12.. who can guard bosh? who can guard cp3? who can guard iggy who is also a good scorer? i guess the defense applies to other teams.. and my team can also defend, cp3 steals, d12 blocks and iggy has decent D

Yao can stop Dwight. The downside of Dwight is same as Shaq, freethrow shooting. Orlando is winning not because of Dwight's offense but more on the effect of double teaming Dwight that will open up players like Nelson, Torkuglu and Reshard Lewis which I don't see in Dallas lineup who is an effective spot up shooter.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 09:11:42 pm »

Yao can stop Dwight. The downside of Dwight is same as Shaq, freethrow shooting. Orlando is winning not because of Dwight's offense but more on the effect of double teaming Dwight that will open up players like Nelson, Torkuglu and Reshard Lewis which I don't see in Dallas lineup who is an effective spot up shooter.

but we have many offensive weapons Smiley

my big 3 are 20 ppg scorers.. shooters? on the works...(coz im into losing craw)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: