Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: !!!How we must view a Power Ranking Team!!!  (Read 6553 times)
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

"time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 09:26:47 pm »

Also look at Defense guys!

IF you have Howard vs. Camby/Shaq/Chandler, don't just assume the team wins cause they have Howard. Camby, Shaq, and Chandler can contain Howard. Just look at the matchups carefully.

oops that lessens my problemss coz i also have chandler.. sadly may people here underrate him

I agree Chandler can defend well compare to Shaq and Camby coz he has strength and athleticism to mark down legit Centers like Duncan, Yao, Dwight, etc. Unlike Shaq "who lacks athleticism and lateral defensive movement" and Camby "who lacks strength in terms of guarding Dwight, Duncan, etc."

Rye, there is still a lot of players that can cause Howard trouble. Bargnani, on my team, has actually caused howard trouble, Bargnani is a much improved defender. I also have Dalembert who is a good interior defender. There are tons of good interior defenders, just saying.

wow you seriously took my statement. it was a joke obviously, it was a response to zander's post, lol trade for camby/shaq...
okay, granted that a team has someone to take d12.. who can guard bosh? who can guard cp3? who can guard iggy who is also a good scorer? i guess the defense applies to other teams.. and my team can also defend, cp3 steals, d12 blocks and iggy has decent D

Yao can stop Dwight. The downside of Dwight is same as Shaq, freethrow shooting. Orlando is winning not because of Dwight's offense but more on the effect of double teaming Dwight that will open up players like Nelson, Torkuglu and Reshard Lewis which I don't see in Dallas lineup who is an effective spot up shooter.

but we have many offensive weapons Smiley

my big 3 are 20 ppg scorers.. shooters? on the works...(coz im into losing craw)

Absolutely. In fact you don't only have big 3 but you have fantastic 4 (iguodala, dwight, chris paul and Bosh). Even though if our path crossed, Kobe will stop Iggy, Dwight will be stopped by Yao, Chris Paul will be stopped by Bruce Bowen and you have only Bosh as your premier scorer since Darko or Magloire cannot contain him. The question is how can you stop Kobe coz I don't see any player in your lineup that can stop him. Moreover, Yao can spread the floor because even though Howard is strong, his height 6'11" compare to Yao 7'6", you must double team him somehow or else Howard will be on foul trouble. If that happens Morrow, Radma, Jack will be wide open for easy 3's.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 09:34:58 pm »

IF you have Howard vs. Camby/Shaq/Chandler, don't just assume the team wins cause they have Howard. Camby, Shaq, and Chandler can contain Howard. Just look at the matchups carefully.

oops that lessens my problemss coz i also have chandler.. sadly may people here underrate him

I agree Chandler can defend well compare to Shaq and Camby coz he has strength and athleticism to mark down legit Centers like Duncan, Yao, Dwight, etc. Unlike Shaq "who lacks athleticism and lateral defensive movement" and Camby "who lacks strength in terms of guarding Dwight, Duncan, etc."

Rye, there is still a lot of players that can cause Howard trouble. Bargnani, on my team, has actually caused howard trouble, Bargnani is a much improved defender. I also have Dalembert who is a good interior defender. There are tons of good interior defenders, just saying.

wow you seriously took my statement. it was a joke obviously, it was a response to zander's post, lol trade for camby/shaq...
okay, granted that a team has someone to take d12.. who can guard bosh? who can guard cp3? who can guard iggy who is also a good scorer? i guess the defense applies to other teams.. and my team can also defend, cp3 steals, d12 blocks and iggy has decent D

Yao can stop Dwight. The downside of Dwight is same as Shaq, freethrow shooting. Orlando is winning not because of Dwight's offense but more on the effect of double teaming Dwight that will open up players like Nelson, Torkuglu and Reshard Lewis which I don't see in Dallas lineup who is an effective spot up shooter.

my big 3 are 20 ppg scorers.. shooters? on the works...(coz im into losing craw)

Absolutely. In fact you don't only have big 3 but you have fantastic 4 (iguodala, dwight, chris paul and Bosh). Even though if our path crossed, Kobe will stop Iggy, Dwight will be stopped by Yao, Chris Paul will be stopped by Bruce Bowen and you have only Bosh as your premier scorer since Darko or Magloire cannot contain him. The question is how can you stop Kobe coz I don't see any player in your lineup that can stop him. Moreover, Yao can spread the floor because even though Howard is strong, his height 6'11" compare to Yao 7'6", you must double team him somehow or else Howard will be on foul trouble. If that happens Morrow, Radma, Jack will be wide open for easy 3's.

i have cp3 as my floor general.. he makes everyone better..he can make things easier for everyone... see how dwest and tyson became better?
there were times when kobe was scoring over 30ppg in a season but the LAL were still losing.
i may not be able to stop kobe but i can contain the others

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 09:48:17 pm »

i have cp3 as my floor general.. he makes everyone better..he can make things easier for everyone... see how dwest and tyson became better?
there were times when kobe was scoring over 30ppg in a season but the LAL were still losing.
i may not be able to stop kobe but i can contain the others

Absolutely, I think CP3 is the best PG in the league right now. Yes he can make players better such as Chandler and DWest because he has a very good court vision. Although Bowen who is like a magician in defense coz his dirty tactics cannot be seen by REF's that will lead CP3 a very hard time because he will be around him like he did in Lebron in 06 NBA Finals. CP3 cannot do that much as he can do to other teams because Bowen will defense is swarmming. To add insult to injury, I also have Lindsey Hunter that is also a terrific defender.

Regarding to Kobe, the best thing in him is he always rise up to the occassion. So if this game will be crucial, Kobe will put up numbers. Cool

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 09:01:10 am »

yao is soft, d12 will pound him..

you can guard bosh lol darko will be eaten alive...

if bowen is a magical defender 100% of the time then the spurs will not lose a single game. bowen can stop moon/iggy but bayless cant stop cp3, or if you put bowen on cp3, then youll have bayless(or farmar?) guarding either iggy or moon or korver.

the magic you have is kobe but i have lots of magic spells to cast on you

he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 03:12:25 am »

yao is soft, d12 will pound him..

you can guard bosh lol darko will be eaten alive...

if bowen is a magical defender 100% of the time then the spurs will not lose a single game. bowen can stop moon/iggy but bayless cant stop cp3, or if you put bowen on cp3, then youll have bayless(or farmar?) guarding either iggy or moon or korver.

the magic you have is kobe but i have lots of magic spells to cast on you

I see your point man. I don't agree D12 can pound Yao. He contained Shaq one on one when Shaq was still on LA and I think Shaq is more dominant at that time compare to D12, more powerful, has different array of moves, etc. (Shaq = 7'1" 320 lbs / D12 = 6'11" = 265 lbs). To add on, I have Magloire and Dampier on my lineup that can also contain Dwight that will wear him down.

Moreover, Bowen or Kobe interchangeably will guard Chris Paul although this task will mostly be assigned to Bowen because of his dirty tactics that will disrupt Chris Paul's play making skills.
In regards to Kobe, as we all know he is a very good defender that is why he is on the 1st defensive team for quite sometime and he can easily guard Iguodala.

Furthermore, the good thing of having Kobe and Bowen in my team on the defensive side is that I can defend any legit PG/SG/SF when both of these guys are in my lineup. Kobe is a bit shaky containing big backcourt players such as LeBron, Pierce, etc that is why Bowen is my remedy on this matter coz he can guard them mano mano y mano like he did to LeBron in 06 NBA Finals.

Lastly, (Bayless is 6'3" 200 lbs and Barbosa is 6'3" 202 lbs). His as fast, as quick, as versatile as Barbosa but has a huge advantage in vertical leap per say. Jerryd Bayless vertical leap in predraft is 41 inches compare to Nate Robinson's 43.5 inches.

So I contain your markee players, the question is how will you contain Yao 7'6" compare to Dwight 6'11". As we all know Yao's forte is fading away in the midpost but can also make a position in the low post that will lead Dwight early foul troubles. Most importantly how about Kobe who can score 81 points in a game or 61 points in only 36 minutes. I don't think Iguodala or any of your backcourts can contain him.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 05:20:26 am »

dont talk about height. shawn bradley is also 7'6

your team is good, but i'll win it in a close one

rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 07:15:47 am »

Precisely. Yao's height is same as Bradley and plays like Pau Gasol, that can pass very well, has a sure mid range jumper, can fade away(if Dirk at 7'0" fade away jumpers is unstoppable because it is very hard to reach how much more Yao at 7'6") but has more strength than Gasol due to his height 7'6" and weight 320 pounds same as Shaq.

With combination of Yao and Kobe, I don't think these duo can be stopped. Although I agree with you it will be a close fight but it will be uncertain who will win. IMO it will Kobe who will decide on the final Q. If Kobe is defended very well by your team defense you will win but if Kobe will be relentless and unstoppable in the closing minute I will win. Cool

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 07:18:37 am »

Precisely. Yao's height is same as Bradley and plays like Pau Gasol, that can pass very well, has a sure mid range jumper, can fade away(if Dirk at 7'0" fade away jumpers is unstoppable because it is very hard to reach how much more Yao at 7'6") but has more strength than Gasol due to his height 7'6" and weight 320 pounds same as Shaq.

With combination of Yao and Kobe, I don't think these duo can be stopped. Although I agree with you it will be a close fight but it will be uncertain who will win. IMO it will Kobe who will decide on the final Q. If Kobe is defended very well by your team defense you will win but if Kobe will be relentless and unstoppable in the closing minute I will win. Cool

really? hmm.. your team is struggling against denver today.. how can you beat the other teams that are better than denver? lol dude lets not spam the thread..it turning into a debate.. i dont want to boast my team. we have a humble image

rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 07:23:44 am »

really? hmm.. your team is struggling against denver today.. how can you beat the other teams that are better than denver? lol dude lets not spam the thread..it turning into a debate.. i dont want to boast my team. we have a humble image

Sort off. It was just funny how the Title ended to a duel between LA and DALLAS.lol. Anyhow, I respect their point of views and I don't want to comment or retaliate their views because that is their own understanding of the game. Cool

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 08:02:19 am »

Sort off. It was just funny how the Title ended to a duel between LA and DALLAS.lol. Anyhow, I respect their point of views and I don't want to comment or retaliate their views because that is their own understanding of the game. Cool

wow mature posts lol..

rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 08:04:37 am »

wow mature posts lol..

lol. i get your point, the irony of it. lol rofl Grin

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 08:10:31 am »

Cheer up.

It's good to see two fellow countrymen of mines go at it.

LET'S GO HEAT.
rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 08:16:18 am »

Cheer up.

Yeah! We rule. Cool

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 08:53:25 pm »

Cheer up.

Yeah! We rule. Cool
no, actually there was no irony when i said your posts are mature. im not a sarcastic person. taga san ka? sa makati ako

rainssj5
a.k.a. beasley30
Starter

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 09:42:02 pm »

Cheer up.

Yeah! We rule. Cool
no, actually there was no irony when i said your posts are mature. im not a sarcastic person. taga san ka? sa makati ako
southern part. kala ko amboy ka kasi hanep ka mag english. Cool san ka hook up ngayon pare?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: