Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Decent Center  (Read 6203 times)
Streetballer16
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: November 18, 2006, 11:27:23 pm »

After watching the game where Detroit Vs. Houston, I was very very happy with our guards and fowards, but mainly guards. The problem is we've signed Mohammed on a 5 year contract, which is hard to get rid off. We need a more consistant center who can grab 10+ rebounds per night, score 10-15 a night, and probably a couple of blocks. Any ideas on any trade? Signings? Transactions? etc...

SAA-WISH!
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 11:29:31 pm »

Quote from: "Streetballer16"
After watching the game where Detroit Vs. Houston, I was very very happy with our guards and fowards, but mainly guards. The problem is we've signed Mohammed on a 5 year contract, which is hard to get rid off. We need a more consistant center who can grab 10+ rebounds per night, score 10-15 a night, and probably a couple of blocks. Any ideas on any trade? Signings? Transactions? etc...

I'm not sure you need a centre who can score that much, you were pretty succesful with Ben for years. Although Nazr isn't as good as a rebounder/defender as Ben, he goes through the motions, hustles and puts his work in each and every night. Having watched some Pistons games this year, I'd say he is doing just fine.

Soon....
Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 11:40:39 pm »

Yeah Nazr is alright (ALRIGHT) but he isn't consistant, neither is Mcdyess. Also Nazr gets into lots of foul trouble early which is pretty bad. Losing Darko and picking Darko was a big mistake. All of the big man Detroit have are old and inconsistant.

SAA-WISH!
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:38:30 am »

During the offseason, I was thinking that Lorenzen Wright was a good option.  They should have pursued another good big man instead of Flip Murray.  They are set at the guard positions.  Right now, there are no worthy free agents, but come the trading deadline, I "guarnSheed" that Dumars will make a move to acquire someone.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:06:49 pm »

man nazr is alright true inconsistent but what else can you do with that contract
Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 11:33:20 pm »

Well his 5 year contract is pretty huge, I think Flip and Dumars either have to tell him to step up because he's only 28ish and can probably learn alot more things.

We should've goten Tyson Chanler instead of just giving away Big Ben that easily. We could've offer the contract for Big Ben much more and just let him go in the end but also aquiring a big man from Chicago.

I guess all we can do now is trade mohammed + our 1st round for another center with same amount of contract.

Otherwise lets just hope our Scouting is good or Nazr steps up.

SAA-WISH!
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 11:09:07 pm »

nazr was a great pickup, maybe he is a little inconsistent but he is a good player who will step up and play solid

Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 04:54:48 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
nazr was a great pickup, maybe he is a little inconsistent but he is a good player who will step up and play solid

Hmmmm I'm abit surprise with that quote I underline, please explain. I need inputs about how Nazr was a grat pickup for a guy who barely plays D, rebound, or score more than 8 points per night. But you know when Detroit plays Philly I hope he turns into the incredible Hulk so everyone can all laugh at me for making this thread.

SAA-WISH!
legenderypete
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 05:22:08 am »

nazr is more of a backup, i rather play a bit smaller with sheed in the middle, or give dice,maxiell and davis more minutes.

But sayin that were 4th in the east on a 4 game winning streak with only 2 teams in the east with better records, plus where only 1 game behind cleveland and orlando so really we still doing well.
Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 05:42:12 am »

Yes but we're not a championship team and Nazr seems like more of a liability with all the fouls he gets into. We need a better center, but like you said if you move sheed to the middle then we should get rashard lewis if we still have some cash after signing billups. He'll add more firepower and prerimeter attacks.

SAA-WISH!
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 01:40:58 pm »

All of these scenarios would be wonderful, but are highly.  Re-signing Billups alone may be an issue, let alone re-signing him AND signing Lewis.  The Pistons will have to offer a lot of money, which they don't have.  Everyone will be after him.
Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »

I think signing Billups is possible because alot of team ditched him and Detroit is the only true team that excepted him and made him an All-Star. Besides Dumars will give him the MAX CONTRACT offer. I mean if the Knicks can spend over 1 billion dollars signing players, I think Bill Davidson could spare Dumars some cash too. Because the Salary Cap is per player not per team isn't it??? Also if you're a retricted free agent, what does that mean? How is it different to unrestricted because Milicic will be a restricted free agent. We could bring him back.

SAA-WISH!
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 04:33:39 am »

I think Nazr was the best they were going to get in the off season. Ben Wallace was the best center in that free agent market afterall, they weren't going to upgrade from his departure.

and Ben wouldn't agree to a sign and trade. and Chandler wouldn't have even been a possibility. he has a monster contract that would have blown the Detroit cap out of the water and into the luxury tax zone. plus, they wouldn't be able to sign Billups to a max deal with a contract like Chandlers sitting around.

I think the Pistons have thier best chance of landing a great center through the draft. it's most likely the only affordable way they'll get another all star at that spot.
bulls12345678
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:52:48 pm »

Nazr seems to be a good fit.

Streetballer16
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 08:17:10 pm »

Yeah well Nazr still has alot to prove that he's a worthy $30 mil center. Coz averaging 6 pts, 5 rebs and getting 3-4 fouls in the first half is not making my day any better. He needs to step up and Detroit lost the 4 out of 5 games because we were out rebounded. Nazr being the big man and the middle guy I say has the easiest job of scoring, rebounding and yet he is doing very little. Things better turn around or I think the Pistons should get rid of him.

SAA-WISH!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: