Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Alex Rodriguez  (Read 4444 times)
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« on: February 09, 2009, 06:41:44 pm »

Surprised nobody has made a thread on this yet.  But as we all know, after SI reported that Rodriguez failed a drug test in 2003, Rodriguez came out and admitted in an interview with Peter Gammons that he indeed did fail a steroid test and took steroids from 2001-2003, his three seasons with the Texas Rangers.  I personally now believe this casts a black eye on baseball and nobody can be suspected as clean.  But I'll give Rodriguez credit for admitting it unlike Bonds or Clemens, who now face trouble with the feds.  Ur thoughts on the whole A-Rod situation?
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »

baseballers failin drugs tests  Huh Huh no suprise, most likely the whole sport(like the nfl and most american spots) is full of cheats  Cool Cheesy

But when money is involved it opens to cheating as despration
DeronWilliams
MVP

Respect: +1081

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:26:25 pm »

If he failed a drug test in 2003 why are we only hearing about it now?
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 07:31:14 pm »

Can someone move this to the "Other Professional Sports" sub-forum, please.

RIP Madawg
DeronWilliams
MVP

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 07:34:54 pm »

There you go.
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:42:40 pm »

this was before the MLB instituted their current drug policy in which they have cracked down much harder on offenders.  In order to see how big of a problem they had and how widespread the use of steroids was, they decided to test every single player in 2003 on the grounds that those who failed the tests would not be punished and that their names would not be released.  A-Rod's name was released because the Players' Union decided not to destroy the records and that presumably somebody with access to this info had it in for A-Rod and revealed this info to Selena Roberts of SI.
DeronWilliams
MVP

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:31:28 pm »

this was before the MLB instituted their current drug policy in which they have cracked down much harder on offenders.  In order to see how big of a problem they had and how widespread the use of steroids was, they decided to test every single player in 2003 on the grounds that those who failed the tests would not be punished and that their names would not be released.  A-Rod's name was released because the Players' Union decided not to destroy the records and that presumably somebody with access to this info had it in for A-Rod and revealed this info to Selena Roberts of SI.

Oh ok, I don't really follow baseball so I'm a bit clueless lol. Were the names from the Mitchell Report from these records also?
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 08:33:52 pm »

Oh ok, I don't really follow baseball so I'm a bit clueless lol. Were the names from the Mitchell Report from these records also?

No, they were two separate situations dealing with the same issue.

The Mitchell Report was to keep the Government from becoming a part of baseball for the next decade or two.

RIP Madawg
Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

Respect: +2

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 09:16:06 pm »

They should name all the players who failed the drug test.. Then will the players in the MLB learn

LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 09:29:11 pm »

Wow I just heard this.  A-Rod... that's crazy.  yet another black eye for Baseball.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:33:21 pm »

The MLBPA allowed the testing because it was to see where everyone stood in the game and they allowed it because they promised completely anonymity. 104 people failed the test. Someone's right was completely overlooked in this entire process and the person who exposed this information deserves to be fired and sued. Some people...

RIP Madawg
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 10:39:39 pm »

I agree. While I clearly look down on A-Rod for what he did, he at least admitted to it when he was found out, unlike a couple of other guys...or about 6 other guys. It does make me bring his numbers into question now, but I feel that either the person who let the information out should be fired or the other 103 names should be let out, and I'll say that I'm not a fan of letting the other 103 names out.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 10:43:06 pm »

I am slowly but surely losing respect for baseball....bunch of damn cheaters...but at least A-Rod admitted it.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 11:18:21 pm »

That's what I'm liking with a lot of the more recent guys, Pettite, Giambi, and now A-Rod, funny that outside of Jeter these guys actually seem like the most respectable Yankees.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 11:33:51 pm »

The majorority of stars using PED's are coming from the Yankees....time to raid the Yankees locker room  Angry

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: