Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gerry McNamara Signs With Orlando Magic  (Read 8925 times)
Magicman76
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 30, 2006, 01:20:06 pm »

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=DE92B5C7-20E1-412A-9DF8-62000C388DD8

He will be playing in the summer league after that its all in the air

Looking forward to the future. Go Magic. Bring it back Cotto (28-0-23 KO)
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 02:27:38 pm »

I don't understand that. Travis Diener needs to be playing on the Magic summer league team, and now they are bringing in another guy?

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 02:56:47 pm »

Quote from: "Joshua"
I don't understand that. Travis Diener needs to be playing on the Magic summer league team, and now they are bringing in another guy?

Travis is going to play, They just want to take a look at him.

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »

Quote from: "Magicman76"

Its not just the fact that they have other guards, its the fact that there are other point guards out there that would make more sense for this team. Allan Ray, yes he is a combo guard, but he can run the point at times, and he is a three point shooter, which the Magic need. Theres also Curtis Stinson who is another combo guard who is very strong, and quick. Jose Barea is one of the most pure guards in the draft, the knock was that he played at a small school. Pape-Philippe Amagou is a young talented French point guard that they could sign, and leave him over seas until they need him. Carl Krauser is older, but he is a very tough point guard that is a proven leader. Daniel Horton is a talented point guard that was over looked because he played for a bad team.

All would have been beter than Gerry Mac.

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:06:00 pm »

Its not just the fact that they have other guards, its the fact that there are other point guards out there that would make more sense for this team. Allan Ray, yes he is a combo guard, but he can run the point at times, and he is a three point shooter, which the Magic need. Theres also Curtis Stinson who is another combo guard who is very strong, and quick. Jose Barea is one of the most pure guards in the draft, the knock was that he played at a small school. Pape-Philippe Amagou is a young talented French point guard that they could sign, and leave him over seas until they need him. Carl Krauser is older, but he is a very tough point guard that is a proven leader. Daniel Horton is a talented point guard that was over looked because he played for a bad team.

I really enjoy the points you've made. Now why on earth would you throw in some nonsense about a european player - especially after the Spanish fellow left the Magic out in the cold? Besides, Tony Parker is one of the few French players worth more than his weight in baquettes.

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 09:22:19 pm »

I really enjoy the points you've made. Now why on earth would you throw in some nonsense about a european player - especially after the Spanish fellow left the Magic out in the cold? Besides, Tony Parker is one of the few French players worth more than his weight in baquettes.

Frans Vasquez is still Magic property. Yes, he did sign a contract with his Europen club, but if he wants to come play in the NBA, hes gonna' play for the Magic. I'm not positive, but I don't think that its for sure that Vasquez will never play in the United States.

And to say that Tony Parker is the only good French player is ludicris. In the near future, France is going to be sending alot of prospects to America, two of whom are possible lottery picks next year.

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 09:49:32 pm »

Frans Vasquez is still Magic property. Yes, he did sign a contract with his Europen club, but if he wants to come play in the NBA, hes gonna' play for the Magic. I'm not positive, but I don't think that its for sure that Vasquez will never play in the United States.

And to say that Tony Parker is the only good French player is ludicris. In the near future, France is going to be sending alot of prospects to America, two of whom are possible lottery picks next year.

Don't get me wrong Tony Parker is a hell of a player but IMO I rather draft somebody that could play for us next season than somebody thats never going to play for us, nothing against other players.

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 08:32:56 am »

Don't get me wrong Tony Parker is a hell of a player but IMO I rather draft somebody that could play for us next season than somebody thats never going to play for us, nothing against other players.

It wouldn't make sense for the Magic to draft someone to play for them next season, they are basically youthful at every single position. Getting a guy and leaving him over seas is the best thing to do when you have no real need.

My problem with the whole Gerry McNamara thing is that the Magic sign him, when in the end, I doubt they have any real intentions of signing him. With Jameer Nelson, Carlos Arroyo, and Travis Diener, it just wouldn't make much sense. Why not sign a less name guy, or a Europen that can be stashed over seas until you need him?

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 09:38:02 am »

It wouldn't make sense for the Magic to draft someone to play for them next season, they are basically youthful at every single position. Getting a guy and leaving him over seas is the best thing to do when you have no real need.

My problem with the whole Gerry McNamara thing is that the Magic sign him, when in the end, I doubt they have any real intentions of signing him. With Jameer Nelson, Carlos Arroyo, and Travis Diener, it just wouldn't make much sense. Why not sign a less name guy, or a Europen that can be stashed over seas until you need him?

Remember this is a summer league guy, I'm sure they will be signing a few others, he doesn't have a guaranteed contract

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 11:14:32 am »

Oh, I know. But a team like Houston or maybe the Bucks could use a point guard. It just think it would make more sense at signing a project, and seeing if he can pan out over in Europe.

apkballa
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 09:16:26 am »

What about taking a look at Darius Washington JR?
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 11:15:18 am »

Quote from: "apkballa"
What about taking a look at Darius Washington JR?

Hes already been signed.

amare24_7
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 09:17:43 pm »

Who ever said Tony Parker was the only good french baller is an IDIOT. Ever heard of Boris Diaw?

Also, on the subject of McNamara. Crack out ESPN March Madness on Xbox. DUDE THAT GUY HAS SKILLS! My mate always plays as Syracuse and Gerry lights it up from everywhere on the court. NBA recruiters should think outside the square and look to the Box. Judging on his skills in that game, Gerry will be the next Michael Redd.

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 10:03:11 pm »

Quote from: "amare24_7"
Who ever said Tony Parker was the only good french baller is an IDIOT. Ever heard of Boris Diaw?

Also, on the subject of McNamara. Crack out ESPN March Madness on Xbox. DUDE THAT GUY HAS SKILLS! My mate always plays as Syracuse and Gerry lights it up from everywhere on the court. NBA recruiters should think outside the square and look to the Box. Judging on his skills in that game, Gerry will be the next Michael Redd.

Thats what I'm saying. Mickeal Pietrus is no chump either.

Rashidi
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 08:20:12 am »

Its not just the fact that they have other guards, its the fact that there are other point guards out there that would make more sense for this team. Allan Ray, yes he is a combo guard, but he can run the point at times, and he is a three point shooter, which the Magic need. Theres also Curtis Stinson who is another combo guard who is very strong, and quick. Jose Barea is one of the most pure guards in the draft, the knock was that he played at a small school.

Ray is playing for Boston in summer league.  Barea is playing for Golden State.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: