Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: proposals for kirk hinrich  (Read 4511 times)
acstine
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: February 18, 2009, 12:52:41 pm »

from espn.com

"The Bulls have been shopping Larry Hughes and Gooden for months, but multiple executives suggested Tuesday night that Kirk Hinrich suddenly was closer to relocation than any other Bull entering the final day and a half of trading.

Minnesota, according to NBA front-office sources, has strong interest in Hinrich and is pursuing the 28-year-old to address a void at lead guard that hasn't been filled by Randy Foye (whose success this season came after a shift to shooting guard) or the undependable Sebastian Telfair.

The Wolves also have two expiring contracts of their own (Jason Collins and Rashad McCants) that they're prepared to shed."

i love hinrich, i think this would be a great deal.  what do u think?
acstine
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 12:56:39 pm »

its looking like the main possibility is

Minnesota gets:
kirk hinrich and thabo sefolosho

chicago gets:
jason collins and brian cardinal
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:14:46 pm »

its looking like the main possibility is

Minnesota gets:
kirk hinrich and thabo sefolosho

chicago gets:
jason collins and brian cardinal
Which is a ridiculous steal. Cheesy

I'd deal them Jason Collins, Rashad McCants and Craig Smith if the above can't be done.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:25:26 pm »

We would have to give up more than just Collins and Cardinal.  If those are the only 2 players then one of our later 1st round picks would have to be included.

acstine
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:48:54 am »

We would have to give up more than just Collins and Cardinal.  If those are the only 2 players then one of our later 1st round picks would have to be included.

yeah....thats the latest news.....i wish we should just give em our celtics pick but its not gonna happen now i dont think...we made a deal with the kings.
streethistory
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:51 pm »

The player they're saying we're giving up is Mike Miller.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:29:10 am »

Too late already, nothing happened on this front.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 06:38:33 pm »

Too late already, nothing happened on this front.

with all the solid but not great pg's in this years draft the solution just might be available late in the first round, not to mention it give you the luxury of not worrying about hinrich's contract

wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 12:39:48 pm »

Yeah but I'd rather have an established PG than gamble on someone late in the 1st round.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 05:17:45 pm »

Yeah but I'd rather have an established PG than gamble on someone late in the 1st round.

when your already in the process of rebuilding what's the rush?

is hinrich good enough to get you to the next level? in my opinion they won't make the playoff next year with or without hinrich, so don't bother paying him all that money but increase your win total by 5

streethistory
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 12:51:25 am »

when your already in the process of rebuilding what's the rush?

is hinrich good enough to get you to the next level? in my opinion they won't make the playoff next year with or without hinrich, so don't bother paying him all that money but increase your win total by 5

Good point

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 04:37:07 am »

He's 28 and soon to be 29 meaning that when Al is into his prime and Love is beginning to hit his Hinrich will be past his and still be earning 8 million.

streethistory
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 10:37:05 pm »

He's 28 and soon to be 29 meaning that when Al is into his prime and Love is beginning to hit his Hinrich will be past his and still be earning 8 million.

Pretty much, but so will Mike Miller.  The difference I guess in the deal would have been we'd have to deal with Kirk for 2 years longer than Miller.  Good thing there was no deal.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: