Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another body inside  (Read 3541 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: February 22, 2009, 06:14:02 am »

i think we are the ones in despearte need of a big body right now than the celts or cavs. duncan-bonner-thomas wont cut it. i suggest mikki moore

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:31:28 am »

Yeah Moore, tho its unlikely as he would head to Boston. But still he'll be a great fit.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:48 pm »

spurs finally got their man. pops mensah-bonsu

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

Respect: +30

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:58:24 pm »

pops is one of those player that should have been signed already

shinchan2005
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 01:28:37 am »

Pops Mensa-Bonsu played at the beginning of the season in Spain for DKV JOventud (Rudy Fernandez former team ) and he did nothing for the team. He was injured and he showed sights of not being a good professional and traveled around without team permission. If he acts under Popovich the way he did in Spain he would have severe problems.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 11:56:16 pm »

Pops Mensa-Bonsu played at the beginning of the season in Spain for DKV JOventud (Rudy Fernandez former team ) and he did nothing for the team. He was injured and he showed sights of not being a good professional and traveled around without team permission. If he acts under Popovich the way he did in Spain he would have severe problems.

apparently he already has severe problems Wink

Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 02:44:47 pm »

theres a rumor the spurs might get gooden. if they signed him, good signing? he's another body inside

shinchan2005
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:01:44 am »

As I have stated in Lakers forum, chatting about the signing of Gooden or Smith, in my opinion, if the Spurs manage to sign one of the two, and the other signs with Boston or Cleveland (it means the Lakers frontcourt does not improve), the Spurs could be the main candidate to achieve the NBA Finals. It seems to me that winning a seven-game-series against the Spurs would be very tough for L.A.
 Battling with Duncan-Oberto-Thomas and Gooden would be very tough for Gasol and Odom. What do you think???
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 11:51:15 pm »

Damn, that was one heck of a pick-up, good job.

LET'S GO HEAT.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 06:32:32 pm »

this gives the spurs enough juice to seriously challenge the lakers in may

14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:04 pm »

I feel this pick up puts the Spurs as the favorite in the West, with one big, no HUGE caveat.  Manu’s health is by far more important than any signing.  The Lakers frontline is still soft, and the only size they bring off the bench is Powell and DJ.  Exactly, DJ who?  If Bynum comes back and he is the beast he was when he went down, then all of this talk is irrelevant, and we might as well just cancel the next 2 seasons after this one because that Bynum with Gasol and Bryant is unstoppable.
But getting back on topic, Gooden is the best big man Duncan has played with since Robinson.  I think they can now beat any team in the league in a 7 game series.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 05:09:22 am »

no way are they the favorite, gooden won't play that big of a role, at least not until playoff time

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: