Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you want as coach?  (Read 18132 times)
Tex
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: February 25, 2009, 12:23:22 pm »

Hey ya'll,
I've been impressed by the T-wolves after new years, and it got me thinking about who they will hire to coach in the off season.
Having all these draft picks and young players, I think you need someone who focusses on defence and development.

Random thought that sparked this thread - Sam Mitchell would be a great fit.  He is a great mentor for young players, knows his D, former coach of the year, and played for Minni for a number of years (still have the love for him there?)

Thoughts?
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:03 pm »

Kevin McHale!  Just kidding.  I wouldn't mind Sam Mitchell but I would like it if they brought Flip Saunders back.  Not sure what the odds are but that's who I would like.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:20:56 am »

Rumours are McHale wants to return to being GM and hire Sam Mitchell.

But Taylor has clearly stated McHale will be coach, or not present at all in the organization. At least that's what the message says. I don't mind him as coach - he has a bond with the players and they perform way better when playing for him.

Flip Saunders is reportedly seeking a combo of GM/Coach position. Not a bad idea either, but Taylor is grooming Hoiberg to be the new GM.
Tex
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:32:01 am »

If McHale becomes GM again god help you all.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 01:04:28 pm »

If McHale becomes GM again god help you all.

yep, he's a much better coach Wink

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 03:35:24 am »

I don't like the idea of someone being both the GM and coach. It can create problems like the Clippers are having with Dunleavey.

I'd like to see Sam Mitchell if he wants to come over. We're going to have a high pick and a few other rookies so his development skills would be good for us next year.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 06:34:01 am »

i'd rather have flip saunders again then mitchell if i was a twolves fan, has a history there and he's a proven

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 06:58:38 am »

We still need development. I wouldn't put past history with a coach over a coach that would better fit our personnel.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 07:00:45 am »

We still need development. I wouldn't put past history with a coach over a coach that would better fit our personnel.

saunders is an offensive genius and that plays right into minny's personnel

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 07:20:45 am »

I'd rather get a defensive coach for that very reason. We have no trouble scoring but our defence is horrible. And with Jefferson we have to play a half court game and so have to be able to get stops.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »

I'd rather get a defensive coach for that very reason. We have no trouble scoring but our defence is horrible. And with Jefferson we have to play a half court game and so have to be able to get stops.

you guys don't have defensive players to carry that over, it doesn't matter what coach you have the players have to be capable at the very least

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 11:24:45 pm »

We don't need defensive players just a good team defensive rotation. Boston doesn't have many good individual defenders but with a good team defensive scheme they succeed. Something like that is what we need.

But this just shows how sad our roster is.

streethistory
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:37 pm »

you guys don't have defensive players to carry that over, it doesn't matter what coach you have the players have to be capable at the very least

Corey Brewer is pretty much it when it comes to playing defense.

streethistory
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 11:27:29 pm »

We don't need defensive players just a good team defensive rotation. Boston doesn't have many good individual defenders but with a good team defensive scheme they succeed. Something like that is what we need.

KG, Rondo and Perkins all play above average man-to-man defense.  KG obviously a lot better than both but Rondo is a great on the ball defender.  He also plays bigger than he is.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 01:20:44 am »

when you have guys like randy foye, telfair, miller, love, jefferson, gomes, e.t.c.(who are undersized and not committed to defense) defense isn't really going to help them play to their potential, it would be alot more beneficial to those guys to get a coach who could evolve their games offensively, its not like they'll contend, but at least they'll be competitive and start looking toward making the playoffs

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Jump to: