Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you want as coach?  (Read 18134 times)
French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2009, 01:03:56 am »

Jeff Van Gundy and Johnson are the best coach available...The Wolves will not have a coach before the draft, and I think it's already a bad start for a franchise.

JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2009, 09:31:40 am »

mark jackson

Igor-Mo
Undrafted

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2009, 10:06:38 am »

Mad Dog, the only person in Minnesota from WCF roster, said, that Brian Shaw can be our head coach.

Would we play triangle?
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2009, 10:34:13 am »

Bosh got better? How? After so long in the league, he still has NO postup moves, holds the offense stagnant whenever he gets past to, and has got one "faceup left key, run right and dunk or hook" move. Calderon's good, but I'm not sure I would give much credit to a coach for still choosing to play TJ over Jose. And for the Raptor fan that you've been, have you seen TJ Ford play? Have you seen Mike James play? You think any other coach would let TJ run insane or Mike James jack up 3s 15 seconds down in the shot clock?

Oh when it comes defense, where you really need to coach, Kobe's 81 says it all. You are certainly using the "proven he can coach in this league" lightly... you tell me the logic.

What does a familiar face have to do with anything and ESPECIALLY good coaching? The whole team has changed since then, nobody knows Mitchell anymore. If you ever attended an actual Raptors game, you'll know: No one in Toronto likes Sam. I'm not saying he does everything wrong, he's a good motivator and gets along with the team, when it comes to XO's, player improvement, discipline and ego management? Absolutely useless.

I can accept the fact Minnie has a young and developing team but I'd burn every single one of my Wolves jerseys if they have to develop under Sam.

Look at Bosh's stats and tell me they haven't gradually improved. Of course that's transgression of any player but none the less you are once again giving no credit here, you must have some personal venedetta against Mitchell.

And LOL. Mike James has done that his whole career, how the hell can you blame a coach for a player being an idiot? Nobody likes Mike James, forget about Mitchell. Oh and yes the 81 points because a great coach would have been able to stop Kobe that night. I forgot that coaches play defense  Roll Eyes I guess when Kobe hits a fadeaway 3 pointer over 4 guys with hands in his face it's the coaches fault.

And yes, I've been to numerous Raptors games, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Everyone loved Sam, and most people I know say he shouldn't have been fired this season. And once again if you have a COY award you can coach in this league, hows that for logic?

Anyway I'm done with this, seems pointless, obviously there are better and worse candidates for the job but you seem to just hate Mitchell so forget it.

Soon....
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2009, 01:27:27 pm »

Mad Dog, the only person in Minnesota from WCF roster, said, that Brian Shaw can be our head coach.

Would we play triangle?

I think it could be very complicated for a rookie coach to play with the triangle offense.

Igor-Mo
Undrafted

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2009, 02:19:51 pm »

He has been plaing it for a couple of ears.
Slntpn
Undrafted

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2009, 05:42:40 am »

I'm not going to take this too seriously since it's obvious we have a difference in opinion, but in researching for fan reactions after Sam's firing, I found this from you cselby...what happened since then?

"All I can say is it's about time. The team needs a serious shakeup and here is the first step."
http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/index.php?topic=33885.0

Anyway, as a Wolves fan, I can't shake the fact Sam has never got past the first round(and man did he have good pieces that year, no shame in getting outcoached by Lawrence Frank). Even if he is indeed the coach you say he is, there's just not enough proof for me to believe we won't have another 10years of dissapointment for this franchise with him at the helm. If our sights at rebuilding (even 2-3 years from now)are set at being a .500 team and barely making or losing 1st round in the playoffs, that's just not acceptable. I'll leave it at that.   
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2009, 08:27:34 am »

Saying the team needed a shakeup (completely true) and saying firing Sam was a good idea (completely untrue) are not the same thing.

Soon....
Batman
Star

Respect: +156

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2009, 10:43:18 am »

Saying the team needed a shakeup (completely true) and saying firing Sam was a good idea (completely untrue) are not the same thing.

Put it this way, would you be okay if Sam is still the Raptor's head coach?

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2009, 11:02:22 am »

Yes. I thought that became obvious when we continued to suck horribly after firing him.

Soon....
Slntpn
Undrafted

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2009, 05:19:36 am »

Interesting... cause if I believed the coach was good and he suddenly got fired, I wouldn't be saying "All I can say is it's about time", I'd be screaming profanities at the GM, and his incompetent ability to surround the coach with good players (McHale got plenty). Oh, and page 11 of the same discussion, you say this in support of the new coach...

"The point was to give the team a shakeup. Your logic is that Triano won't work out, or hasn't worked out so far...okay.
Sam wasn't working out. See how that works?"
http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/index.php?topic=33885.150

So you say Sam wasn't working out, ok. You point out "obviously", you will still want Sam to be Raptor's head coach after the fact, fine, I can even accept THAT(hindsight is 20/20). Sam is the better coach compared to Triano (Every new coach should get at least two off-seasons to implement their system, but let's leave that) What I don't understand is, it's not like there isn't another coach outside of Triano and Mitchell, why insist Sam is the best fit if it wasn't working out in the first place?

Klutch012
Journeyman

Respect: +17

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2009, 03:17:07 pm »

Since we've basically committed to drafting Rubio, I think there needs to be a really strong consideration of either Mark Jackson or Sam Mitchell as coach (either head or assistant) to aid Rubio's development.  Also, Laimbeer would be great as an assistant to inspire some toughness into Love and Big Al. 
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2009, 07:01:23 pm »

I think my ideal coaching staff now would be Del Harris as the head coach and then bring in Bill Laimbeer to work with the big men, Sam Mitchell if he'll come for a few seasons and either Michael Curry or Marc Jackson. I don't think Jackson will leave his cushy job for anything but a head coach position I think it should be Curry.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Jump to: