Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you want as coach?  (Read 18278 times)
French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 08:46:22 am »

Ettore Messina, the best european coach would be great for this franchise. He won several championship and Euroleague so he is a proven winner.

Igor-Mo
Undrafted

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 06:52:58 am »

Messina said, that he wants to start in NBA as a assistent. Not a coach.
Klutch012
Journeyman

Respect: +17

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 07:01:42 pm »

I agree with the Sam Mitchell suggestions.  He will be really motivated to do well with a return to Minnesota, and his work ethic will transfer to all the young players.
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 09:48:01 pm »

problem is no oen woudl wnat to coach in minnesota, i cna see sam mitchell or reggie theus tho they both coached in other hell holes

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 09:25:36 am »

SOMEONE GET SAM MITCHELL A JOB

and then trade him back to us for Jay Triano

Soon....
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 12:29:34 pm »

McHale is not doing trades anymore, remembah?

Altough yours truly Rob Babcock may have a say, lol.
Klutch012
Journeyman

Respect: +17

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 09:31:36 am »

mchale is done, which is good cuz now he has no influence on decision making! so yeah, hopefully kahn gets sam mitchell
Slntpn
Undrafted

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009, 05:40:33 am »

I lived in Toronto for awhile and Sam Mitchell IS TERRIBLE!! He is absolute crap, you see it in plays (or lack there-of) and his interviews, at best, he's a motivator.

If I had to pick, I'd rather go with Avery Johnson...
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009, 09:33:58 am »

I lived in Toronto for awhile and Sam Mitchell IS TERRIBLE!! He is absolute crap, you see it in plays (or lack there-of) and his interviews, at best, he's a motivator.

If I had to pick, I'd rather go with Avery Johnson...

Are you serious? Did you only start watching AFTER he won coach of the year? Get a clue. He's no Red Auerbach but the guy can coach.

Soon....
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009, 11:46:12 am »

yeah he will b decent and oen of the only coaches that would actually do it

Slntpn
Undrafted

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2009, 04:43:29 am »

"I think someone like Sam Mitchell or maybe an assistant who has a good defensive mindset."

Wait, what part of even the best years in Toronto has the team had "a good defensive mindset"? I'm a Minnie fan all the way, Sam has proven nothing to me. Not only that, none of his players were better in time. Not a single one has gotten better or was better utilized under him. And where are you seeing this "work ethic" ? Even if there was any, it's certainly not going in the right direction.   

At least Flip brought a crappy team  for years into the playoffs.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2009, 01:47:23 pm »

"I think someone like Sam Mitchell or maybe an assistant who has a good defensive mindset."

Wait, what part of even the best years in Toronto has the team had "a good defensive mindset"? I'm a Minnie fan all the way, Sam has proven nothing to me. Not only that, none of his players were better in time. Not a single one has gotten better or was better utilized under him. And where are you seeing this "work ethic" ? Even if there was any, it's certainly not going in the right direction.   

At least Flip brought a crappy team  for years into the playoffs.

Lol the ravings of a mad man. Bosh, Bargnani, Calderon, ALL grew as players under Mitch (well mostly Bosh and Jose), and he lead a very sub-standard team to the post season TWICE (yeah they got spanked, but he lead them there) and won COY. No he isn't a great defensive coach but you aren't giving him nearly enough credit. As a lifelong Raptors fan I can tell you he is a legitimate coach and lets be honest, this franchise has nowhere to go but up. So what would be the harm in bringing an old friendly face, who has proven he can coach in this league? Logic, please.

Soon....
Slntpn
Undrafted

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2009, 12:26:45 am »

Bosh got better? How? After so long in the league, he still has NO postup moves, holds the offense stagnant whenever he gets past to, and has got one "faceup left key, run right and dunk or hook" move. Calderon's good, but I'm not sure I would give much credit to a coach for still choosing to play TJ over Jose. And for the Raptor fan that you've been, have you seen TJ Ford play? Have you seen Mike James play? You think any other coach would let TJ run insane or Mike James jack up 3s 15 seconds down in the shot clock?

Oh when it comes defense, where you really need to coach, Kobe's 81 says it all. You are certainly using the "proven he can coach in this league" lightly... you tell me the logic.

What does a familiar face have to do with anything and ESPECIALLY good coaching? The whole team has changed since then, nobody knows Mitchell anymore. If you ever attended an actual Raptors game, you'll know: No one in Toronto likes Sam. I'm not saying he does everything wrong, he's a good motivator and gets along with the team, when it comes to XO's, player improvement, discipline and ego management? Absolutely useless.

I can accept the fact Minnie has a young and developing team but I'd burn every single one of my Wolves jerseys if they have to develop under Sam.
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2009, 12:43:44 am »

Best case scenario is we get Mitchell and Lambieer as assistants to develop and add toughness respectively while poaching an assistant from one of the greats (Kurt Rambis from LA or anyone from San Antonio). Worst case, we sign Lambieer outright and we play like girls. Might make Miller happy though?

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2009, 12:49:08 am »

Where the hell have you been?

Please stop with this Mitchell stuff, I'm getting ill. I say we start fresh.

RIP Madawg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Jump to: