Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NHL trade deadline  (Read 2430 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:35 am »

I know there aren't many hockey fans on here (if any) but regardless, today is the NHL trade deadline, possibly the busiest trade deadline in pro sports on any given year.

So far the biggest trade is Pascal Leclaire to Ottawa for Antoine Vermette, but it's early, I expect a lot more.

Soon....
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:40:44 pm »

Mark Recchi, possibly my favorite player ever, is headed to Boston, a team I despise way more than I could ever hate the Leafs even if I wanted to... a part of me just died.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 05:44:42 pm »

Mark Recchi, possibly my favorite player ever, is headed to Boston, a team I despise way more than I could ever hate the Leafs even if I wanted to... a part of me just died.

Haha yeah, lots of moderately big moves today but nothing major. Olli Jokinen to Calgary was probably the biggest one, and the Leafs traded for the future.

Soon....
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:58:32 pm »

Blackhawks finally get center.  Not a great one but he wins 57 percent of his faceoffs.

legenderypete
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 09:42:15 am »

satan to the sabres Cheesy hopefully back to the teamhe belongs too
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:31:23 am »

Lots of teams making moves, Jokinen to Calgary, Recchi to Boston, the Coyotes got like 6 guys, the Sabres acquired goalie Mikael Tellqvist and yeah, I think there was about 22 deals and 47 total players moved. Not bad at all.

Soon....
Super_Nintendo_Chalmers
a.k.a. Rowan_Barrett & Handsome_B_Wonderful
MVP

Respect: +73

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:54:52 am »

Calgary did the most to improve their team, they got leopold as well. Let's hope that them or vancouver ends up in the finals.
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:06 am »

Calgary did the most to improve their team, they got leopold as well. Let's hope that them or vancouver ends up in the finals.

I know you hate them Row but the Leafs did great things yesterday. Not for this season but for the future.

I hate Vancouver lol, my next Canadian team is Edmonton, who also bolstered there lineup a bit with Sullivan and Kotalik. I'd be good with either Calgary or Edmonton in the Finals, both teams who were oh so close in the past to winning the cup.

Soon....
Ballfreakā„¢
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

Respect: +63

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 11:41:56 am »

Im glad the Leafs picked up Martin Gerber, he was so close to a shot-out in his Leafs debut. But anyways, not much of a hockey fan.

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: