Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PJ Tucker....  (Read 4829 times)
breignchile
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: July 01, 2006, 12:09:40 pm »

I have to admit, I do not follow the NCAA, but when I checked out Tucker's stats, I was left scratching my head. PJ Tucker is 6'5, he out-rebounded and outscored his teammate, LaMarcus Aldridge. How does a 6'5 SF(?) outrebound a 4/5? By his numbers I think Tucker was a huge steal at 35. It looks like he will bring a lot of grit to the team, and has the chance to earn a spot in the starting rotation. I am really looking forward to seeing these Raptors play next season, there is finally some hope for us loyal Raptor fans!
bakax
Journeyman

Respect: +3

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 12:22:11 pm »

Quote from: "breignchile"
I have to admit, I do not follow the NCAA, but when I checked out Tucker's stats, I was left scratching my head. PJ Tucker is 6'5, he out-rebounded and outscored his teammate, LaMarcus Aldridge. How does a 6'5 SF(?) outrebound a 4/5? By his numbers I think Tucker was a huge steal at 35. It looks like he will bring a lot of grit to the team, and has the chance to earn a spot in the starting rotation. I am really looking forward to seeing these Raptors play next season, there is finally some hope for us loyal Raptor fans!

PJ Tucker was the PF of the Texas Longhorns.  He has an almost 7-0 wingspan (huge considered he's only 6-5).  He was the best player on the Longhorns, carry the team on his back and has good leadship.  He works hard and have good work ethics.  I really hope he would stay as a raptors for long time.  He will be a fans favorite.  I like him at #35.  If he's only 2 inch taller, he would have been a lottery pick.

This year team is much better than the previous 2/3 years, but I am not sure if we are anywhere close to being champion contender in 2 years though.  We will probably make the playoff with the lower seeds.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
socko
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 06:43:08 pm »

I watched a texas game last year (1 whole game...I'm such an expert) and I thought he was the star of the team...I didn't even realize I was watching Alderege as a potential lottery pick.  

My only question is if Tucker will have the speed to defend against the amazing SFs of the league.  This is not a comment, its a question:  is he fast enough to play SF in NBA after playing PF in college?
lakerfanryan8
Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 06:53:30 pm »

He was a good aquisition for Toronto

lakerfanryan8 is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust bandwagon."

irindu
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 02:02:00 am »

I hope he is good enough to make the team and contribute right away because the raps are looking thin at the 3 with charlie gone
BCB
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 09:02:33 am »

P.J. Tucker is a scrappy player that plays out of position a lot. He's a tough kid and i'm sure he will find a role with you guys.

superconductor
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 01:32:09 am »

If we get real lucky he could turn out to be a player similar to Andre Iguodala.

Cheers

...fools rush in, where fools have been before...
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 10:05:43 pm »

Tucker was the Big 12 POTY last year if I'm not mistaken.

He was a great pick-up for the Raptors, he is a very similar player to what Hassan Adams is. Adams is more explosive, yet Tuck is more of a complete player.

Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 11:16:46 am »

I dont follow the NCAA much either but from looking at his stats, I cant believe he fell so far in the draft. I think he was the player of the year last year in his conference too? Does anyone know potential reasons as to why he fell so far? Is it a height issue or something?

He had something like
14 games of at  least 15pts 10 Rebs
7 20-10 games...and other ones with some really good reb. numbers...Looks to me like he was a good pick up at 35.

bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 11:23:07 am »

The reason why he fell was that he's a 6-5 PF.  He got good PF skills and good at playing in the post.  However, he has yet to develop his SF game, which I believe he can eventually develop some of those skills since he's a hard worker.  I think he will be like a Bonzi Wells, good rebounding G, decent quickness, good defense, bad shooting.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 11:28:23 am »

OK I see...well hopefully he can make the team. I was just lookin at his stats some more and I see that he even had a few games where he was putting up 5-7 assists to go along with all of those Rebs and Points

bakax
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 12:01:38 pm »

I think he will make the team.  He's hard worker, a hustler, and a good defender (in college).  I think he will be a fans favorite, and I hope the Raptors can lock him down for 3 years (2nd round pick can be offered 3 years contract with 2 years for sure and 1 year option).

If he couldn't make the team, I have serious doubt in BC's ability.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
brat
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 12:16:29 pm »

If PJ Tucker was 6'9", he woulda been a lottery pick.

This year, I saw about 3 reg season games and all 4 games in the tourney.  To be honest, I really wanted see Aldridge play and barely knew of PJ.  Anyway, you guys know the stats and stuff, but beyond that...I came away thinking Texas was PJs team.  He was the emotional leader of that team...not Aldridge or Daniel Gibson.   Draftexpress compares him to Bonzi...fair comparison.  But I think Joey Graham said it best that he was very comparable to Ron Artest.  Either way, high praise for Tucker.  He might end up being the emotional leader the Raps have been lacking since Oak left and Alvin got injured.
ollie
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 04:31:31 pm »

You know I always get into the "hope" game.

Charles Barkley averaged over 15 rpg for years and he is like 6' 3".  I know  the joke is he is 6'5 1/2"  but there is no way, Magic and Reggie both are way taller than he is on TV.

Anyways... its how much you want it.

PJ wants it, will he get it in the bigs.

Lets Hope.

One day there will be a Charles Barkley again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: