Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: will the cavs be a completely different team next year???  (Read 3774 times)
j-holla
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 22, 2006, 01:23:07 pm »

The way i see it, the cavs could potentially lose the following players...damon jones, donyell marsh, ira newble, sasha pavlovich, larry hughes, theres even been talk about Z ( altho unlikely), drew gooden, alan henderson, luke jackson, ronald murray, stephen graham....who should we keep?...im sure not all those players will be gone but it seems like the only ones safe r lebron, AV and snow?!?
J*R*23
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 03:32:29 pm »

They should have a completely different team. they have a chance to improve a lot of positions. I am predicting a farther playoff performance next year

Celtics, nba champs in 2016 baby!
Arenas0
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 08:28:01 pm »

Am i the only Cavs fan that doesn't like Hughes, and his style of play? He doesn't fit this team at all.

I wouldn't mind seeing Damon Jones hitting the door though. Ira too.

Deffinatly keep Gooden, Z, and Graham

j-holla
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 10:44:14 am »

so now not even eric snow is safe

Michael Beasley Derrick Rose DeAndre Jordan Eric Gordon Nikos T. Plakas tplay basketball news
Donte Greene  Jerryd Bayless Nicolas Batum Brook Lopez NBA rumours
Chase Budinger  Hasheem Thabeet OJ Mayo Roy Hibbert http://www.nbaopenforum.com
Smooth32
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 11:01:06 am »

Unless some huge trade offer that comes along that Ferry can't resist the Cavs team will likely be kept together... The guys that are probably the safest are Donyell Marshall, Anderson Varejao, LeBron James, Larry Hughes and maybe Zydrunas Ilgauskas. The rest of the players are all up for the best bidder. Especially the likes of Damon Jones, Eric Snow, and Ira Newble, who won't take much to get since they have the biggest contracts.

But it might be smart to keep Newble since his salary comes off the books next year and it is a pretty good chunk of money at 3.2 mil.... That is especially impotant with Anderson Varejao being a Free Agent next year and probably getting a good amount of money.

But the player that will be subject to trade rumors the most will be the young, talented, PF, Drew Gooden. Gooden by far is the biggest bargaining piece the Cavs have. The guy is a double double guy, who is only 24, and has the potential to be a 18/9 guy given the chance. Gooden has a 50/50 chance to stay with the Cavs in IMHO... He is really the only player that Ferry is willing to trade right now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: