Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: George Hill  (Read 2540 times)
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: March 12, 2009, 09:53:18 am »

I wanted to wait a few days to post this, because I wanted to after the Suns game, but now that I’ve had time to reflect and sit on it, I’m still going to put it out there.  In 3 seasons, we will be talking about him as a top pg in the league.  He is already arguably the best on the ball pg defender in the league, he is long a very athletic, and can shoot from distance.  With the coaching of Pop, and learning under Parker, the sky is the limit with this kid.
I really hope they work on having him and Parker play together more often.  Right now, he would just get worked guarding big guards every game, but maybe in the future he can add a little more bulk and the Spurs can start both of them.  He may just be 6’2’’, but with his length he plays more at like 6’4’’or 5’’.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:14 am »

lets hope they wont let him go like what they did with udrih

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:38:07 pm »

Can’t say that I’ve paid attention to play with the Kings, do you really think they should have kept him?

14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:26:45 pm »

I thought he did a very good job on Kobe tonight, he just didn’t get the results cause Kobe was Kobe in the clutch.
What I didn’t see, and what I haven’t really seen from Kobe lately, was he didn’t post up much.  I thought he would have done that with Hill on him.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 09:32:25 pm »

yeah he did a great job. i think he did a great job on that kobe three too. but kobe was just too good

14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:37:51 pm »

Let me start this post by saying I really should never be critical of anything coach Pop does with this team, but what in the world is he doing with Hill lately?  Why does he so desperately want Mason to be the back up point, when he has a great back up point already?  I know I posted earlier that I wanted to see more of Hill and Parker playing together, but this season I would like Pop to see if Hill can learn the point first rather than forcing this position change on him.  He adds a lot of needed athleticism to the team coming off the bench, and is a tremendous defender.  Plus, I don’t think Mason has shown he can play effectively being the primary ball handler.  It takes away from his offense because he is too worried about getting everyone else the ball.  Mason and Hill were off to great starts and playing well at the beginning of the season, but now I think he has disrupted their rhythm, for lack of a better word.
Can someone please explain to me what Pop is doing?

Pervis Ellison
MVP

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 04:51:00 am »

yeah im surprised by that move by poppovich but its close to playoff time and he needs his experienced players to finish the season. though i have a feeling that george hill will play a role in the spurs playoff run. just as many teams will have thought they had scouted the spurs well, hill will come off the bench to cause matchup problems

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: