Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top international prospects  (Read 21233 times)
jrmax
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 02:40:43 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
Quote from: "weisskreuz99"
willie miller, mike cortez, danny seigle, asi taulava, mark caguioa, jj helterbrand....

i so agree,this are the guys that should have made it to the d-league every single year

i dont think filipinos are well experienced enough to be in the NBA. yes they use plays same as in the NBA coz they are fans of it. but, we (for i am a filipino) should accept the fact that we dont have the experienced that we should have. i agree on the part that the Country should enroll some good and promising young talents to the university in the states and maybe.. just maybe he can make the cut of the team. and perform well.

before there was a filipino named Johnny Abarientos who had a chance, he tried out for a nba team but didnt make it.. for he was only 5'5'' and mugsy was way 200% better than him.

like taulava, jj, willie and etc.. they are good here in the phils. for they can dominate with the style and depth of thier oponents. but internationaly they will struggle.

that is the reason why the national team of the phils cant even win in the FIBA ASian championships.

*well they will compete soon in the FIBA, but i dont think they will do well. coz just like now in the W.Jones Cup. they are 4-3 . yes they beat the USA -AIA (Athletes in Action) which are college players in the US. but they were beaten buy team B of Japan, Team B of Korea and Jordan.

oh wel. if ever even 1 filipino can make it in the NBA, then he will be known as the BEST FILIPINO PRO BASKETBALL PLAyer i think.

hehehe

UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 08:03:28 am »
+1

- danilo gallinari (1988, milan, italy): he is a SF, good hands, good shooter and passer, well-endowed,

lol what?
dabulls1
Star

Respect: +386

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »

lol what?
Lol AWESOME
TheGameMaster
Undrafted

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 08:48:05 pm »

How about we talk of a Filipino Player making it to the NBA again in the name of Jayson Castro? Smiley
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 06:56:22 am »

i so agree,this are the guys that should have made it to the d-league every single year

i dont think filipinos are well experienced enough to be in the NBA. yes they use plays same as in the NBA coz they are fans of it. but, we (for i am a filipino) should accept the fact that we dont have the experienced that we should have. i agree on the part that the Country should enroll some good and promising young talents to the university in the states and maybe.. just maybe he can make the cut of the team. and perform well.

before there was a filipino named Johnny Abarientos who had a chance, he tried out for a nba team but didnt make it.. for he was only 5'5'' and mugsy was way 200% better than him.

like taulava, jj, willie and etc.. they are good here in the phils. for they can dominate with the style and depth of thier oponents. but internationaly they will struggle.

that is the reason why the national team of the phils cant even win in the FIBA ASian championships.

*well they will compete soon in the FIBA, but i dont think they will do well. coz just like now in the W.Jones Cup. they are 4-3 . yes they beat the USA -AIA (Athletes in Action) which are college players in the US. but they were beaten buy team B of Japan, Team B of Korea and Jordan.

oh wel. if ever even 1 filipino can make it in the NBA, then he will be known as the BEST FILIPINO PRO BASKETBALL PLAyer i think.

hehehe

6 years from this post, you kinda called it. It took years of hard work and dedication for the Philippine program in basketball to develop and take that next step.

These times are now being enjoyed by plenty of Filipinos. The dark times of international basketball here are finally over.

Hopefully, Castro or Aguilar or someone gets the attention of scouts in the FIBA World 2014. I hope we get bracketed with US or Spain, that experience will be HUGE!

LET'S GO HEAT.
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 11:50:55 pm »

Congrats to the Philippine program.
suvidol
Undrafted

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2014, 07:09:28 am »

PERO ANTIC