Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 143   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Wrestling Thread.  (Read 186261 times)
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2009, 06:33:19 pm »

Vince needs some real competition.When theres no competition he tends to coast on storylines. The great hope should be that Rupert Murdoch starts his own federation putting it on Fox network and F/X

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2009, 08:17:22 pm »

I just ordered WWE 24/7 OnDemand and it's pretty good, got lot's of Attitude era stuff and also all the way back to the 80's days of NWA/WCW.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

Respect: +30

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2009, 08:39:40 pm »

if you owned the WWE you wouldnt feel the need to produce fresh exciting storylines all the time. theres no competition atleast not right now.

G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2009, 05:34:56 pm »

if you owned the WWE you wouldnt feel the need to produce fresh exciting storylines all the time. theres no competition atleast not right now.

In the WWF/WCW Monday Night War man those were the days!

G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2009, 06:57:47 pm »

This HBK promo from Raw is bad ***!!

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2009, 09:50:25 pm »

i just seen the sceening of the movie 12 Rounds featuring John Cena and it was an alright movie. a bit predictable about the outcome of the movie. i got a bit of a laugh out of it because u see Cena on tv how he seems to overcome all odds and then u watch the movie and the sh*t he does i was thinking to myself "only cena"

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2009, 10:03:43 pm »

i just seen the sceening of the movie 12 Rounds featuring John Cena and it was an alright movie. a bit predictable about the outcome of the movie. i got a bit of a laugh out of it because u see Cena on tv how he seems to overcome all odds and then u watch the movie and the sh*t he does i was thinking to myself "only cena"

lol he's a terrible actor. The Marine was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Soon....
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 12:28:01 am »

Which is why I think the only real possibility for real competition is if Rupert Murdoch,the owner of Fox,F/x,Fox News and the NY Post is involved somehow.Anything else McMahon would just overpower by his overwhelming edge with the tv deals he already has

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 07:40:11 am »

Which is why I think the only real possibility for real competition is if Rupert Murdoch,the owner of Fox,F/x,Fox News and the NY Post is involved somehow.Anything else McMahon would just overpower by his overwhelming edge with the tv deals he already has

wwe is about to come out with a new wrestling show called Superstars in April. and they might re-brand the ecw brand, so vince seems to be making moves. TNA is no competition at all right now.
they have bad storylines therefore bad writers. they pay the big money to guys like booker T, Dudley Boys, Nash, Sting, Foley and then they bury their homegrown talent which only could mean that they never trusted their own talent that they started with.

with TNA already their own company and there's another company called ROH that just recently got a tv deal, i dont see where a wrestling company featured on FOX would fit in. not only talent wise but timing. even if it did happen it would take a hell of a long time for it to materialize even though it would have the exposore to a broader audience

G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2009, 03:06:32 pm »

wwe is about to come out with a new wrestling show called Superstars in April. and they might re-brand the ecw brand, so vince seems to be making moves. TNA is no competition at all right now.
they have bad storylines therefore bad writers. they pay the big money to guys like booker T, Dudley Boys, Nash, Sting, Foley and then they bury their homegrown talent which only could mean that they never trusted their own talent that they started with.

with TNA already their own company and there's another company called ROH that just recently got a tv deal, i dont see where a wrestling company featured on FOX would fit in. not only talent wise but timing. even if it did happen it would take a hell of a long time for it to materialize even though it would have the exposore to a broader audience

I'm pretty sure Ring of Honor is a WWE Development (minor league), If not I know that is where some WWE stars have come from.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2009, 05:04:53 pm »

yeah CM Punk came from ROH but it isnt a WWE developmental organization. they were underground up until a they got their tv deal. they got some very good wrestlers there and in my opinion they are more competition to wwe than TNA is. the wrestling there is just the kind of wrestling you want to see.

G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2009, 08:16:04 pm »

I was sick of watching the 12 Rounds previews on RAW but I may just watch it afterall it doesn't look that bad!

Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2009, 10:23:47 pm »

There are a lot of underutilized characters between TNA(Rhino,Matt Morgan,Jay storm) and WWE(Charlie Haas,Shelton Benjamin,Festus etc).Throw in a few big name signings and scour the indies for young talent to develop and you've got a start.Search other sports for new talent.They don't need to be big name stars(Goldberg,Vader and Lex Luger were no names in their NFL careers) but if you want a big name star from outside wrestling currently sign Brock Lesnar.It might take a little time to fully compete but it's the only way I see pro wrestling getting great again any time soon

Greenwing wrote
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
G.O.A.T.
All-Star

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 10:27:19 pm »

^Sadly I just don't see that happening.

STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2009, 07:35:25 am »

well ur right there are guys they could bring in. wwe is going thru a cautious time financially and have been making talent cuts. if guys like Rhino, Haas, Benjmain, Morgan, even LAX go there it would be a start. to go outside of the business and get maybe both Lesnar and bobby Lashley that would cost money so the company would need financial backing.

i dont think there will be many more wrestling companies popping up into mainstream. theres officially 3 now and u can basically compare them to what was going on 11-12 years ago.

WWE = the same
TNA = WCW
ROH = ECW simply because it offers that alternative, action packed program thats gonna make u say holy sh*t a few times before the show's done

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 143   Go Up

Jump to: