Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: are the clippers for real  (Read 7386 times)
ab40
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: June 19, 2006, 02:06:37 pm »

if they re-sign sam cassel are the clips 4 real next season?

all men are my brethern, the world is my country, to do good is my religion
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:59:01 pm »

I hope they are. Sam Cassell needs to resign for a few more seasons. and help Shaun Livingston develop. I think they'll trade Corey Maggette at the deadline next season if he doesn't work out or is injured again next season.

Kaman/Brand/Maggette/Mobley/Cassell is too good of a starting 5. Getting defensive help at SF instead of Maggette would be good too.
nyc2006ny
Undrafted

Respect: +1

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 07:31:46 pm »

The clippers proved last year that they aren't playoff missing losers anymore.  But they still aren't even conference title contenders.  Unless they make a good move this offseason, even with Sam Cassell they will still not advice to the conference finals again.
vhawkx
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 02:41:52 am »

Even with Maggette healthy, the Clippers probably would start Quinton Ross, the poor man's Bruce Bowen. So it would be either Cassell or Livingston at the point, Mobley at the 2, Ross at the 3, Brand at the 4, and Kaman at the 5.

When I say Lakers, you say "GO"
Kilogram
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:31:00 pm »

The Clippers have one of best starting 5's in the West

Kaman, Brand, Maggette, Mobley, Cassell

They have somewhat good depth, winning a lot with Maggette out. I only see good things for this team. Especially in 3 years if Cassell retires then and Livingston takes his role.
vhawkx
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 01:56:41 am »

Don't think too highly of Livingston just yet. Unless he develops a jump shot, the Clippers need Cassell to lead them. However, there are so many factors that come into determining whether or not the Clippers are for real. There's always the question of Cassell's age. Everyone is jumping on the Shaun Livingston bandwagon as well. The guy can pass, but the Clippers really need a PG that can also shoot when he needs to, which is what Livingston can't do (yet).

When I say Lakers, you say "GO"
Kobe Is Awesome
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 12:08:46 am »

HECK NO

Chopper reads your letters!
"I'm 35 and have trouble meeting girls" Brad, Queensland.
Grow a f****n moustache
Ronnie Johns
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 02:32:08 am »

Livingston showed that he can penetrate when he needs to, there are different ways to pass when you're a point guard.  There's also a reason he was playing crunch time minutes for the Clippers last season.  To be a successful point guard you don't necessarily need a jump shot, Magic certaintly didn't have  a consistent one.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
big bad kahoona
Benchwarmer

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 06:36:03 am »

Ya Ross should start over Maggette. There has to be a balance in scorng between the first and second unit. Maggette will give them the scoring punch off the bench. If he starts, there won't be anough ball to go around, what with Brand, Kaman and mobley able to score. Cassel too.

If i cant dazzle u with brilliance, then ima baffle u with bullshit...
kobeaki
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 01:46:00 am »

thought id help yall out with a post. short answer;no
livlife2k
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 01:52:08 pm »

Quote from: "Kobe Is Awesome"
HECK NO
Other than k b who on your team is better. AND DONT SAY NO#7. WE HAD HIM BEFOR.
livlife2k
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 01:55:37 pm »

Quote from: "kobeaki"
thought id help yall out with a post. short answer;no
YOU FINISHED BEHIND US 2 YRS IN A ROW, COMMENT ON YOUR OWN TEAM. if he was a laker you would love him.
livlife2k
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 02:00:04 pm »

Quote from: "vhawkx"
Even with Maggette healthy, the Clippers probably would start Quinton Ross, the poor man's Bruce Bowen. So it would be either Cassell or Livingston at the point, Mobley at the 2, Ross at the 3, Brand at the 4, and Kaman at the 5.
Our bench is your starting 5. clipps 4 real lakes not.
kobeaki
Benchwarmer

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 04:00:27 am »

cassell is the ***, so is brand, ive always liked dunleavy, ive always liked maggeutte,kaman is good,an so on...just *** with ya ..and if you think your site gets hi-jacked come over to the laker site some time......
NBAGURU
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 07:36:55 pm »

da clip joints are for realz.

if kaman woulda played worth a dick vs phx they woulda been in conference finals.

tim thomas is an improvement over rado, experience + he has a swagger. not that the clippers need it with Sam the man already there.

if maggette can only accept being their 6th man and stay injury free they have a great shot at title this year.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: