Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bleeping Thunder  (Read 1823 times)
14Supernuts
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: April 01, 2009, 10:51:22 am »

Simply put, this might have been the most frustrating game to watch all season as a Spurs fan.  How are you going to lose to the Thunder, at home, 3 weeks from the playoffs, with all hands on deck?  I’ve got a lot of this blame on Pop with him just experimenting and throwing this game away.
You’re starting Manu and bringing Roger off the bench which completely screws up Roger I think, and Manu says that he even prefers to come off the bench anyway.  If it’s not broke don’t fix it.  What exactly are you looking for when you do that?  Are you expecting Manu to get 30 now because he’s starting?  He is already putting up great numbers coming off the bench.  Plus he is still coming back from injury, and you claim your don’t want to push him too hard yet you played him close to 30 min?  Just doesn’t make sense.
Then you don’t even play Hill in this game, against the Thunder, really?  Is it because they are such a veteran team and you don’t want your rookie to get exposed?  That would make sense, excepted they are one of the youngest teams in the league, with a lot of athleticism, and so you decided to sit your most athletic player.  I know you’re shorting your rotation for the postseason, but are you really going to cut him out completely?  I think he is one of your biggest improvements from a year ago, and can really disrupt opposing point guards with his defense.  And in the West, there are plenty of great point guards that he could be used on.
Finally, your newest acquisition Gooden, who needs to get playing time before the playoffs with the team, especially with Manu, you play him just 9 min, none of which in the second half?  If you’re going to be experimenting, why not have Gooden play 25 or 30 min to see how he does with the different lineups around him.  You have the next two days off, please don’t play him too much that he is tired for once after a game because that would just be awful.
And I didn’t even mention that fact Pop didn’t call time on the final position that was so well run.  I mean I can’t believe they didn’t get a good shot off either after all the bobbles and pointless dribbling they did.

Quote from: 14Supernuts
I was wrong, and Josh was right the Spurs actually aren't good like the Suns.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:28:37 am »

well, good thing phoenix beat houston. gives us a little space from houston

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 02:38:43 am »

how embaressing lol.
but ahwell you get over it and play harder next game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: