Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do with your draft pick?  (Read 4020 times)
bapper
Star

Respect: +7

« on: April 14, 2009, 05:16:10 pm »

I was just looking at what the draft could look like for you guys, and if u guys stay with the 7th pick what would you guys like to see happen? I havent seen GS play lots this year but looking at your roster you dont need any more 2 guards which is what the top players remaining at that point would likely be... would you guys like to see them trade down or trade the pick in a draft day deal, or just pick wheere ya at.
What are ur thoughts?
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »

trade down 2 abotu the 10th  to 16th their r good pg's their where u can move ellis and jackson 2 the 2 and 3 best fit would b ty lawson

French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:18:56 am »

A player like Greg Monroe could be great for the Warriors. A front court Monroe/ Biedrins would be very interesting.

GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:09:28 pm »

I think the warriors have two positions to fill, PG and any big (PF or C).

I think drafting a PG is a good idea for a lot of reasons. 1) they don't have a true piont guard on the team. Ellis is penciled in as the PG and I think he can do the job but he's definately more a scoring PG. Having a true PG coming off the bench to sustain the level of play when Ellis is resting and giving the warriors more flexibility at that postion is something I think they lacked this year. Watson was good but they won't resign him if crawford exercises his contract and stays with the warriors, which I think he will. 2) If Crawford does stay then you give yourself some insurance when Nellie decides trades him. If Crawford stays and you have no depth behind him, then the warriors have no backup when the trade happens, and it will. 3) I think another reason you draft a PG is to give you some insurance should the Ellis/PG project not work. You have the luxury of moving Ellis back to the 2, Jack to the 3, its worked before. I like Jonny Flynn for their pick. I think he's more explosive then Lawson, gets into the paint and finishes better then lawson and has more star potential. If I'm picking 7th in the draft I'm looking for star potential and I just think lawson benefited from great players and a great system at UNC.

Obviously the warriors need some more big bodies. Currently Biedrins and Randolph are penciled in as next year's starters. I love Randolph's game and I think he has superstar potential. I look for Randoph to make giant strides in his game over the off season. Biedrins is a player any team in the nba would take on their team, he rebounds, plays D, soft hands, high shooting % but he needs to stay out of foul trouble. I like Turiaf and Wright coming off the bench but 4 bigs is not enough. They need someone who can muscle some people around in the paint, rebound, play D. Unfortunately this draft doesn't have any depth at the 4/5. Griffin will obviously be gone. I don't see Thabeet getting past Minny and I don't see Hill getting past either Oklahoma or Memphis and those are the only bigs in the draft I like.

The alternative is best player available. Two players that will likely be available at 7 and have all-star potential are james harden and earl clark. They both have their red flags and I know the warriors are loaded at the wing position but you have to be at least intrigued by the prospect of having that kind of talent on your team. You have to also consider that the warriors have some of the best, young depth in the league and you can package those players for superstars, look at what boston did in one year. I think if you pick for need with the 7th pick you're making a huge mistake. That being said I like Flynn, Clark, Harden in that order and they'll all likely be available at 7.
HoopWizard
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 05:27:37 pm »

I don't see the need to grab a point guard that early in the draft, especially when Monta is the supposed future at that position.  Thats not me, but thats Nellie's vision. His vision also includes Jackson back at the shooting guard position.  I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed a power forward or some sort of combo-foward like a Randolph.  Possibly a player like Earl Clark. 
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 08:28:00 am »

Crawford and the pick for Willie Green, Reggie Evans (both contracts the same length as Crawford's), Marreese Speights and the 17th pick. The 17th pick is a better spot to pick up a PG and they can start Speights.
tchman58
Star

Respect: +17

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 10:01:35 am »

james harden will definitely not be available with the 7th pick.  4 out of the top 5 picks are going to be blake griffin, rubio, harden, thabeet.  then jordan hill, tyreke evans, brandon jennings, etc might fill in the 5th spot. 
Acrimony
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 12:08:23 am »

Trade the pick so we can get rid of deeze terrible contracts

B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 04:08:59 pm »

the warriors have a bunch o nice pieces, so it's time for them to roll the dice. I would unload whatever it takes and that includes the 7th pick to get Bosh or some other proven big.

if they can't get a player, then use the 7th and get the guy with the highest upside. the Warriors need another star on the team to make them competitive for a playoff slot. the draft pick could potentially be the second coming of Chris Washburn as far as I am concerned if there is enough potential. GSW doesn't need another nice average player on their roster.

when the Warriors drafted Washburn, they were a horrible team that one player would not of been able to turn the franchise around. they probably should have drafted a safer player to build the roster. that draft was full of busts anyway, but that's another discussion. the Warriors DO NOT need to add another nice piece, they need someone that's either going to be a star or bust.

too bad that we'll probably have to wait an extra year to figure out if he is any good with Nelson coaching...

flavaflave
Starter

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 03:52:42 pm »

Hill if hes is there.......... if not trade back and take lawson or flynn
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 11:05:55 pm »

...And we took Curry.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: