Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McHale turns down 3 year coaching deal  (Read 2287 times)
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« on: May 03, 2009, 07:09:25 am »

Oooff. He wasn't a bad coach in his own right, but if we are to REBUILD, then we need to totally clean house. Hire a new GM, let him make the coaching hire. If a new GM had to cope with McHale as a coach with influence on Taylor, the players and 15 years of history with the organization he wouldn't be as effective.

I mean, that's why supposedly Dennis Lindsey has withdrawn from consideration (he was the frontrunner too) - because Taylor wanted to hear from mcHale first whether he'll coach. Should be easier now.

I hear it's down to David Kahn (ex Pacers official), Randy Pfund (ex-Heat GM) and probably Jim Stack as the Taylor-homer pick.
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:13:14 am »

Mc Hale is one of the worst GM of all-time...If he leaves the wolves, it will be nothing but a great news for this franchise.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:48:53 am »

Mc Hale is one of the worst GM of all-time...If he leaves the wolves, it will be nothing but a great news for this franchise.
Yeah, but he turned down a coaching offer.
French-Kobe
Star

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:41:54 am »

Yeah, but he turned down a coaching offer.

I know but I think his presence in this franchise is very bad. The wolves have to take a proven winner as a coach. Why not Ettore Messina, the best european coach?

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:37:47 am »

I don't know that much about him... I bet he's a great X and O's guy and a good moivator, but does he have that authority aureole demeanor that would make him respected by 20 year olds who make more money than he does?

McHale is respected by his players, hate him or not. I'm all for him getting canned, we just need someone who can WORK with this team. Sam Mitchell would be great.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 03:25:13 am »

Say hello to who? Sam Mitchell?

As for the GM spot, I've been hearing Randy Pfund is interested taking the job, and he should indeed be Minny's GM, the dude convinced Riley to draft Dwyane Wade (when Riley wanted Hinrich and Kaman) and recently, Michael Beasley.

Now hopefully, you get lucky in the lottery and pick someone good, now can you please send us back our pick for Dorell Wright? Tongue

LET'S GO HEAT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: