Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darrell Armstrong  (Read 2814 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« on: November 04, 2006, 08:02:02 pm »

When we picked him up.. i was like wtf he cant play anymore.. must be just for pacers to use him once he retires and fix up pg court time..

but he has played real good in 1st 2 games.. and 1st half of this new york game.. he is shooting almost 3 3pg.. that trade with anthony johnson has turned out pritty good i must say.. with Marshall and Powell as well..
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 09:26:42 pm »

He like watching the energizer bunny.  That steal on the first play of the fourth quarter was the game winner.

He is such a great leader, and I love the combination with he a Sarunas in the back court.  They play off each other so well.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 09:32:19 pm »

haha yeah i loved his energy in Dallas.. im glad he is with us..

Notes

Carlisle earned his 148th win as Pacers coach, passing Bird for second-most since the team joined the NBA. Fired Knicks coach Larry Brown is first with 190. ... Ruined by injuries the last few years, the Pacers used their usual starting lineup for the first three games for the first time in five years. "Our health situation's better now than it's been the last couple of years and we're knocking on wood on that," Carlisle said. "We've got guys who are working real hard to stay healthy."

Interesting note from the game..
cole1200
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:09:05 pm »

Darrell is the man.  He was great for many years here in Orlando, a fan favorite and a true leader (Chuck Daley said the best locker room guy he'd ever coached).  He and Ben Wallace were instrumental a few years back on our 'Heart & Hustle' team.
 I don't care if he's 50, I'd love to see him finish his career here in O-Town. Cheesy
Congrats on landing a great aquisition!

"You know the world has gone crazy when the best rapper is white, the best golfer is black, and the tallest man in the NBA is chinese!"

Freaky Deaky
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:22:27 pm »

That trade is looking great for the Pacers.  

Being a Mavs fan, I was happy with it because Armstrong is almost done and Powell was the only loss I saw in gaining Johnson.  I didn't even factor Marshall because he showed absolutely no reason why he should remain in the leauge much longer.  I mean, ZERO potential.  Then all the sudden...  WHAT?Huh  He looked fantastic in the pre-season and I didn't see that coming at all.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 01:28:18 am »

he was impressive vs philly.. he just needs court time..
td21
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 04:18:57 pm »

he aint doing too bad for a 38 year old. i thought he would be cut but he is surprising everyone.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 06:29:49 pm »

Quote from: "td21"
he aint doing too bad for a 38 year old. i thought he would be cut but he is surprising everyone.

lol why would he be cut?...
NickJG
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 11:03:33 am »

what was he deal last week when the played the bulls? He tackled noconi with 17 seconds left and was called for a flagrent, then told the ref that hinrich threw him into noc. Armstrong was given a T and thrown out of the game. When he walked off the court he told the ref to F*** off
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 07:34:36 pm »

its all that energy that the pacers wanted..
naptown
Star

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 06:33:31 am »

Putting him on the court is good but they should trade him and jasakev for a young athletic pg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: