Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: #1 Priority cut ties w/ BG  (Read 8471 times)
GMJames
Star

Respect: 0

« on: May 02, 2009, 09:21:03 pm »

The Bulls must cut ties with Ben Gordon. Sure he hits crazy shots, but his size and the fact he can't play a lick of defense kills them. I saw a stat before game seven. In the 3 games the Bulls won Gordon avg. 17 ppg. In the 3 games they lost he avg. 29ppg. Why? Because he doesn't get shots from the offense and takes away from the team and plays one on one. Thier are other things to addresse, but I pray BG isn't a Bull next year. Down the stretch of Game 7 the Celtics just ran plays right at Gordon and took advantage of his weak defense.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:03:31 pm by GMJames » Logged

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:28:36 pm »

I was saying this before the season even ended but nobody listens  Huh

but seriously next year is all on Deng's shoulders.  If he comes back healthy then BG will be forgotten.  If he comes back and is still nagging with injuries, he better shut up and play or he will be gone real quick for a legit SG/SF.

KrissKross
Star

Respect: +9

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 12:56:57 am »

The Bulls must cut ties with Ben Gordon. Sure he hits crazy shots, but his size and the fact he can't play a lick of defense kills them. I saw a stat before game seven. In the 3 games the Bulls won Gordon avg. 17 ppg. In the 3 games they lost he avg. 29ppg. Why? Because he doesn't get shots from the offense and takes away from the team and plays one on one. Thier are other things to addresse, but I pray BG isn't a Bull next year. Down the stretch of Game 7 the Celtics just ran plays right at Gordon and took advantage of his weak defense.

I think the Bulls realize this too, it's just that they really would like to try to get some value back for Ben Gordon and not just let him leave the team. Which is why you see the Bulls give him short term contracts. I just don't think other teams are very interested in offering any good deals for Gordon.

Here's a random idea: Ben Gordon for T-mac? I think Houston has the size and manpower to make up for Gordon's shortcomings on defense, while Gordon brings in more firepower player with yao, artest and brooks.

T-mac is a big risk, but playing next to rose, he won't have to the be playmaking that he has to be with the Rockets. He can just concentrate on finishing. Just a really random idea.

KrissKross
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 12:59:38 am »

Random and can't happen.  I think T-Mac has a 20 mil / year contract so it would take alot more than BG to get T-Mac.  I would settle for a BG for maybe a Vince Carter if you are looking for a Vet SG/SF that can maybe help us.  His contract is a little less shitty.

ParkBall489
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 01:02:21 am »

I dunno, show me who on the Bulls team is as clutch as Ben Gordon.

I agree with you that he is more focused on himself but that's the kind of player he is. Though this is an extremely lopsided comparison but Allen Iverson and Ben Gordon have the same game. They're both just a one man offense and I think the Bulls need someone like that. More importantly I think the Bulls need someone who can hit that crazy shot to win/tie a game because without Ben we wouldn't have won a few of these games.... at least stay in them.

-  "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." Kurt Vonnegut

- "I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there." Charles Bukowski
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 02:44:30 am »

I would say re-sign him....he is pretty much the only guy that we can count on to get us good scoring numbers every night. Do you guys think that Kirk should be getting paid more then BG? I dont think so....i would look to trade Tyrus and Kirk. Kirk really raised his value this series.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 05:29:03 am »

I'll keep him for 8 million or less.  But theres bound to be some team out there willing ot pay him 12 million (I don't know why).  Hopefully, its someone with no cap room so that we can facilitate a sign and trade.  However, I don't just want any player back.  If its not a significant role player or two, or even a quality starter, I'm not taking back a long term salary and hurting the Bulls chances to have a shot at a 2010 FA.  Gordon or anything of equal value to Gordon isn't worth it.  I'd rather him walk.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
GMJames
Star

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 07:06:10 am »

He is a cancer to the development of this team. Either just let him walk away or help him get more money by facilitating a sign and trade senerio. And no T-Mac or Vince Carter please.

stringbean
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 07:32:58 am »

Ben will get paid at the Bulls expense. He used the playoffs and the Bulls as his individual plateau to show he can score. Tyrus Thomas used his moment "in a bone-head move" to rebound a ball in a close game, your POINT-GUARD asks for the ball and he dribbles down court so that he can be fouled. Just to miss both free throws.

Ben Gordon succeeded in driving his salary up on the biggest stage at the expense of his TEAM mates. Someone one will give him 12 or even 13 mil a year. The Bulls could definitely use him but until Paxson stands his ground and sign him for what he was going to sign him for last year 10 mil and Del Negro understand that Gordon should be a bench player, not a starter and move Salmons to shooting guard where he should be, its not gonna work.

The Bulls need Del Negro to demand respect and bench the "I" players. Let them come in only in reserve duty. Paxson has a lot of work to do and its essential that whatever trades or drafts he produces complements the TEAM. He has to look outside of the compassion that he drafted the players because he saw a special spark or potential and trade their asses. Thats why he was so stressed. He saw so much potential and couldnt imagine trade his people for garbage. Thats what other executives gave him. He weathered the storm and got Salmons and Miller (By the way, if Miller"s gonna pass up open shots on a Pick and Pop or Pick and Roll, bench his ***! He is no use to us putting the ball on the floor and getting it stolen).

Paxson has to facilitate more drafts and trades for the TEAM. McGrady is not a team player. He's an injury - prone cancer. Dont need him.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:47:28 am by stringbean » Logged
I like the NBA
Journeyman

Respect: +10

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 09:22:30 am »

He is a cancer to the development of this team. Either just let him walk away or help him get more money by facilitating a sign and trade senerio. And no T-Mac or Vince Carter please.

+1
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 09:29:03 am »

Yea i don't know why you guys like this guy so much. I may be talking to myself when i say the Bulls  wouldn't miss a beat with a healthy Luol Deng.  John Salmons and Luol Deng>BG.   Both Deng and Salmons play great defense so this team would actually benefit more with Ben Gordon gone.

BG is a great scorer, but sometimes he just throws up shots and it makes you wonder if he cares about his team winning or his own stats.

I like the sign and trade scenario if it involves a starter and only a starter.  A Tyrus and BG move would be great as long as we get a nasty low post PF out of the deal.  And no Kirk Hinrich will not be traded this summer.  If anything, he has shown that he is great at defense and can still score the ball.  That Rondo and Hinrich confrontation pretty much locked him as a a Bull as he showed everyone that he is the leader of this team and isn't gonna let anyone mess with him or his teammates. 

youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 09:59:33 am »

The life of BG

Praise him when he's dominating

Kick him when he struggles

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:34 am »

Here's a random idea: Ben Gordon for T-mac? I think Houston has the size and manpower to make up for Gordon's shortcomings on defense, while Gordon brings in more firepower player with yao, artest and brooks.

T-mac is a big risk, but playing next to rose, he won't have to the be playmaking that he has to be with the Rockets. He can just concentrate on finishing. Just a really random idea.

God, I'd love to see us get T-Mac.

Not to play for us mind you, but for that lovely $23 mil expiring contract. We could be power players in the '10 Gold Rush with that.

We wouldn't even have to worry about him ruining the team, he's gonna be out for a year rehabbing from his micro-fracture surgery.

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
tong
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 12:19:34 pm »

Give up the idea of a sign-and-trade. If anything, it's gonna be for a second round pick and a trade exception, much like the Rashard Lewis situation. Anything more and the team that wants him (i.e. the Raptors or Thunder) can just sign him outright. That said, not many teams have capspace this summer. He could very well re-up for 3/24.

ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 12:53:38 pm »

Salmons is 30 years old...and looking for a huge deal in a year....Hinrichs minutes will decrease more and more as Rose gets better....BG should get re-signed...hopefully around 8-9 mil, the guy is still only 26 and a bigtime scorer. Hinrich raised his value this series, put him in a deal with Tyrus.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: