Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: #1 Priority cut ties w/ BG  (Read 8480 times)
tong
MVP

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 01:26:31 pm »

Yeah, for who? Amare? Bosh? Neither of those guys would go for a package like that. I don't see anymore viable options. Biedrins is off limits. So is Al Jefferson. Kaman or ZBo could be had, but that would be overpaying; plus, Tyrus is clearly going to be better than them in a few years (or next year). No legit post options could be had for the bulls unless they're really willing to overpay by my count... Marc Gasol would be perfect, but I dont think he'll be traded.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 02:20:38 pm »

Eh, I really don't see Biedrins as being off limits. It's not like he's some all-star player, he's a 12 and 11 guy who plays solid defense and shoots good percentages. That's good, but nothing off limits in any trade talks.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
tong
MVP

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 03:11:19 pm »

Eh, I really don't see Biedrins as being off limits. It's not like he's some all-star player, he's a 12 and 11 guy who plays solid defense and shoots good percentages. That's good, but nothing off limits in any trade talks.

He's off-limits if we dont get another center back. There's no one on the bulls good enough for use to trade him for. Deng isn't that good, and certainly wouldn't be good in our system. Gordon would be redundant. Noah isn't as good as biedrins, and warriors fans and management believe Wright and Randolph to be better than Tyrus. He's not untouchable, but we'd need a solid center back - something the Bulls can't offer us. Plus, our roster's pretty full right now - we just need to get rid of dead weight.

ChettheJet
Starter

Respect: +18

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 03:34:30 pm »

The #1 priority remains a low post scoring threat.

For Ben what it comes down to is he is a scorer but when he isn't scoring does he do other things to help his team win? And truthfully the answer is no. He doesn't have the passing or ball handling skills to set up his teammates or get out of double teams, he doesn't rebound or do much on defense to make up for a bad scoring day. As I said elsewhere because they don't run plays for 40% of the starting lineup Noah and Thomas aren't offensive threats, Ben has to take up the scoring load for them. If they had starters at either the 4 or 5 who were a threat with low post moves or needed to be covered 15 feet from the basket they wouldn't need the 2 guard to take as many shots. Upgrade one or both of those positions and you can do with a less selfish player who scores less but contributes in other ways than Gordon.

I'm of the opinion that Ben feels his time in Chicago is up, he'll go somewhere that wants hin to shoot even if it's off the bench in Detroit, so if the Bulls can get something in return do it. 
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 03:59:52 pm »

See if he really cared about Chicago, he would just take a pay cut this season to play for Chicago.  He can easily talk to paxon saying he will take a pay cut this year but he wants a big contract come 2010.  But no, that is not what BG does.  BG has to be the highest paid player on this team. BG wants a starting role and won't 6th man.  BG doesn't care about the future as long as he gets paid, which is why i am fine with him leaving.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 04:02:03 pm »

He's off-limits if we dont get another center back. There's no one on the bulls good enough for use to trade him for. Deng isn't that good, and certainly wouldn't be good in our system. Gordon would be redundant. Noah isn't as good as biedrins, and warriors fans and management believe Wright and Randolph to be better than Tyrus. He's not untouchable, but we'd need a solid center back - something the Bulls can't offer us. Plus, our roster's pretty full right now - we just need to get rid of dead weight.

That makes more sense, I thought you were nuts calling him completely untouchable. Now I understand though, although I think if you get Noah and then a better piece elsewhere I can see the Warriors still trading him.

youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 04:47:54 pm »

See if he really cared about Chicago, he would just take a pay cut this season to play for Chicago.  He can easily talk to paxon saying he will take a pay cut this year but he wants a big contract come 2010.  But no, that is not what BG does.  BG has to be the highest paid player on this team. BG wants a starting role and won't 6th man.  BG doesn't care about the future as long as he gets paid, which is why i am fine with him leaving.

How many 25 year olds talk about pay cuts?

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 05:36:30 pm »

ones that can cash in big time come 2010.

tong
MVP

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 05:46:31 pm »

BG reportedly wants a 6 year 80 mil deal. Good luck.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 05:56:03 pm »

Yeah, no chance he gets that from anyone sane.

TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 06:59:23 pm »

BG reportedly wants a 6 year 80 mil deal. Good luck.

Source?

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
youngrazzle7
MVP

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 07:28:21 pm »

how many players wanna risk b2b seasons on a 1 year contract? blow ur knee out and then what? ur stuck making 2million a year if that

ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 07:48:56 pm »

how many players wanna risk b2b seasons on a 1 year contract? blow ur knee out and then what? ur stuck making 2million a year if that

BG hasn't had any significant injuries his entire career.  A blown knee would just be really bad luck.

youngrazzle7
MVP

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02:16 pm »

its just the principale of the matter.. u hardly find a 25 year old willing to become a RFA let alone sign another 1 year contract the following season

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 08:36:12 pm »

its just the principale of the matter.. u hardly find a 25 year old willing to become a RFA let alone sign another 1 year contract the following season

well think about it this way.  What teams have the cap space to sign Gordon?  Not many at all.  So if he was smart, he would take another one year deal and then get his cash in 2010 when most of the league has the cap space to sign BG to big money.  But he wants money now.  If he was smart he would take that one year deal and bank later.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: