Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: #1 Priority cut ties w/ BG  (Read 8470 times)
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 08:22:06 am »

I really can see him going to Detroit...and thats not good for us. Personally if im the Bulls gm, im re-signing the guy. What did most of us say when BG went down with that injury in the playoffs? "Oh great we have no chance now" The guy or guys we should be looking to move is Tyrus and Hinrich. Hinrich really just improved his stock in this playoff series and Tyrus still has all the potential in the world...but we cant trust him. Let someone else worry about him and try to groom him. Once you move Hinrich big salary you can re-sign BG and then you still have your 25+ mil going into the summer of 2010.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
GMJames
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 08:54:26 am »

It doesn't matter if he scores 25 points, Because the guy he is scheduled to guard will score 25+ himself. It's a wash. The Bulls are better to cut ties with him. He is a bench minute guy, And he plays no defense. As I said in the first post. In the 3 games we beat the Celtics, Gordon avg. 17ppg. In the 3 games we lost he avg. 27 ppg. And he was a be reason we lost game 7. Went 4-20 in the second half ...come on. Too streaky, Too small, Too little defense. Cut your loses now. Move Salmons to 2. Yes, Tyrus is on a short leash now and Hinrich also. We need an inside scorer. And the way I see it, An inside scorer at what ever position Noah doesn't play. So if they decide he is better a center we need a Power Forward, And if they decide he is better at power forward we get a center. Either way Noah proved his value, while Tyrus kept getting set on the bench.

Bulls Package: Tyrus Thomas & Kirk Hinrich. (13 Million)

Looking for a Post Scoring/Rebounding Big Man.

Any takers?

ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 11:37:30 am »

Well i wasnt referring to 25 points, i was talking about 25 mill for cap space. Not sure if you mixed that up or not but yea i agree with what your saying...Hinrich an Tyrus, draft picks in a package for somebody. Dont matter if he is a Center or a power forward. Noah will play whatever position he doesnt. My thing with losing BG is this...if we lose BG this year, are we going to be willing to pay Salmons next year? Guy is 30 years old playing his best ball. Most likely he will want the biggest contract of his career. If you lose Salmons next year then your left with Hinrich as your starting SG. Personally like i have said before i rather trade Hinrichs salary away to try to keep BG here. That way you have insurance if Salmons leave.

Not sure if they would do this BUT....

Hinrich/Tyrus/Tim Thomas contract/Draft picks or pick  FOR Bosh/Kapono

Rose, Cheap FA or draft pick
Salmons,Gordon
Deng,Kapono
Bosh, Cheap FA or draft pick
Noah,Miller

In 2010 you still will have a decent amount of money to sign a very good mid level guy.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
GMJames
Star

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 12:14:14 pm »

Derrick Rose is 20 years old. So do you really think that thier plan is to match him with a guy 30 years old? Or a guy that plays no defense. We don't even know the name of our shooting guard, Because it will be a young talented player that can give the organization several years with Derrick Rose. So Salmons has two years remaining. Alot can happen in two years. So I see Salmons starting and the Bulls grooming a guy for that slot. Who that is, I have no idea. I can name drop but I am sure Paxson and Gar and the scouts have shooting guards on Radar. Well I hope they do. Someone that can be consistent at scoring and on Defense. Someone 6'5" or taller.

TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 01:59:36 pm »

We don't even know the name of our shooting guard, Because it will be a young talented player that can give the organization several years with Derrick Rose...Someone that can be consistent at scoring and on Defense. Someone 6'5" or taller.

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
GMJames
Star

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 02:07:50 pm »

Green is out thier and Ellington. Depends on draft order and stuff. Should be interesting this summer.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 02:41:28 pm »

Gordon's offense is worth what he is asking for for, his defense is worth a trip out of Chicago.   Hinrich showed in the playoffs he can really do everything the Bulls need.  For a 6th man, Hinrich is perfect.  He can score 15ppg, around 4-5 apg and most of all, he can play defense.  He can even play defense on SF, and for his height, that is something you don't trade away.  You don't trade away a 15ppg player that can defend 3 positions equally well.

GMJames
Star

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 03:34:42 pm »

Good point about kirk. He is just thier most attractive trade piece. But I agree he could be a great sixth man. I think That adding a few players to this mix will be the most of what will happen. And Glad to hear you say what alot of us know as well. BG needs to go. Maybe draft someone like Ellington or Danny Green to back up Salmons at two and Dejuan Blair to compete for the Power forward with Tyrus. That works for me.

Rose/Hinirch
Salmons/Green
Deng/Green
Thomas/Blair
Noah/Miller

vitalnerve
Starter

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 04:25:02 pm »

ben gordon doesn't help us, period.  whoever compared him to ai is a *** moron.  ben gordon is a slow, unathletic undersized 2 guard whose best ability is the 3 pt shot.  does that remind you of ai? no.  just because they are both short does not make them the same player.  ai also played as good of d as he could, and got a lot of steals.  ben gordon is TERRIBLE on d, you can blame ray allen going off for all those points on whatever you want but the problem is clear.  he's as bad of a ball hog as van exel or anyone.  they actually put up similar stats and have similar games if you ever watched him play.  the lakers improved immensely when they replaced van exel with fisher, a pedestrian pg who could knock down open shots and play some d.  i'm sick of watching ben gordon get the ball and knowing as soon as he touches it, he's taking the shot period, regardless of how good the shot is.  he's been killing rose's development as the leader and ballhandler of this team all year, we'd be much better off letting the guy walk and saving some money.
Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 04:52:47 pm »

Personally, I would keep him. He's a shooter, whether or not it goes doesn't matter. Shooter's shoot, that's what he does.

But if has to go then sign-and-trade him. If Detroit really wants him that bad, sign-and-trade BG, the 26th pick in this year's draft, and maybe Tim Thomas for Rip Hamilton, and maybe a player to be named later.

But I still say keep him. Although he seems to shoot this team in the foot a little more than he should, you can't deny that he can be clutch and that he has lifted this team so many times.
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »

Personally, I would keep him. He's a shooter, whether or not it goes doesn't matter. Shooter's shoot, that's what he does.

But if has to go then sign-and-trade him. If Detroit really wants him that bad, sign-and-trade BG, the 26th pick in this year's draft, and maybe Tim Thomas for Rip Hamilton, and maybe a player to be named later.

But I still say keep him. Although he seems to shoot this team in the foot a little more than he should, you can't deny that he can be clutch and that he has lifted this team so many times.

yea the only way i would even consider BG singing is if he is traded as soon as he signs.  Like i have stated before,  a healthy Luol Deng and John Salmons comepletly eliminates BG's production.  Of course healthy is the term being used loosley but if Deng and Salmons can seriously come back 100% next season, i think those two are worth more then spending money on a scorer like BG.  In the game of basketball, you have to play offense and defense, and Ben Gordon will never lead any team to the championship with the way he plays defense.

Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2009, 05:13:53 pm »

yea the only way i would even consider BG singing is if he is traded as soon as he signs.  Like i have stated before,  a healthy Luol Deng and John Salmons comepletly eliminates BG's production.  Of course healthy is the term being used loosley but if Deng and Salmons can seriously come back 100% next season, i think those two are worth more then spending money on a scorer like BG.  In the game of basketball, you have to play offense and defense, and Ben Gordon will never lead any team to the championship with the way he plays defense.

Sometimes great offense can be your best defense. I'm not saying Gordon will light it up every night, but when he does, it forces the other team to account for him. I agree that he probably will never lead any team to a title, but he could still be a key piece to it.

True, if a healthy Deng can play better with Salmons than before he got hurt and like the dude that earned that fat contract last summer, then this BG talk is irrelevant. Who knows? Maybe with BG gone, I could see Ellington slipping to 16 and the Bulls take him to replace BG's offensive production. Still, I would try to keep him at the right price.
GMJames
Star

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2009, 05:53:53 pm »

If the Bulls wanna go farther then the first round having a shooting guard that can score and defend is important. Every playoff team has scorers at the 2, but the elite teams can defend from there as well. Sorry but like some many others I would rather watch BG walk. Or maybe talk NY into him and doing a sign and trade for D. Lee. But as long as Gordon isn't out there chucking shots in a Bulls uniform I am happy. 

youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, 07:13:04 pm »

I love how all this is shifting to Ben Gordon as if the Bulls didn't just give up damn near 60 PIP the last game and SCORED UNDER 20

Hop Off

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 07:15:58 pm »

Personally i think if BG isnt in our plans you have to S&T the guy...he has to much value to just let walk. I dont know how you can say the guy is slow and unathletic? He is the best scorer we have, he draws contact, best 3 pt shooter we have, 1 of the few guys that can create his own shot, he is healthy all the time, and he is always in the gym working on his game unlike most of our team. Im not sure about him ruining Rose developement either...Many people say they play great together. Most of Rose's assist come from BG making shots. Losing 5-10 points out of your lineup is one thing but 20 points out of your lineup is HUGE. BG shot 14 FT's this last game....Loul Deng would never see those numbers, Hinrich either...no one could get to the line like he can. You have to put pressure on the other team as well and make them foul. Something Hinrich just cant do like BG. Wayne Ellington and Danny Green will not be very good NBA players...and if they are your starting 2 guards, i dont see that as a good thing. AND lastly who do you want shooting the ball with a lineup of Rose,BG,Salmons,Tyrus and Noah. I dont want Noah or Tyrus near the ball, leaving us playing 3 on 5, forcing BG to shoot the ball because we have no post game.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:22:13 pm by ChitownBulls » Logged

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: